Help with homework

Meowmeow

Just now, ring_master said:

K- means vaadu but K-means assigns cluster to it's members based on euclidean distance between clusters

tSNE is what I used for clustering in the earlier problem based on Euclidian distance. 

First use gridsearch and randomsearchcv algorithms to get the best hyper parameters

Then try K-means(n=1,2,3,....) and SVM(best model) for the clustering(playing with c,gamma values)

Hierarchial clustering before k means will also give you an estimate on optimal no of clusters

Just now, kathanayaka said:

First use gridsearch and randomsearchcv algorithms to get the best hyper parameters

Then try KNN(n=1,2,3,....) and SVM(best model) for the clustering(playing with c,gamma values)

Does that model cluster based on Euclidean distance between the clusters of the probability distribution of the cluster? 

2 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

Does that model cluster based on Euclidean distance between the clusters of the probability distribution of the cluster? 

K means supports only Euclidean distance

3 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

tSNE is what I used for clustering in the earlier problem based on Euclidian distance. 

Clustering will be based on similiarity measure... so distance is used as similarity measure . You don;t want to use distance to measure similarity? Is that you're trying to do?

2 minutes ago, kathanayaka said:

K means supports only Euclidean distance

Yeah I used tSNE for Euclidian distance. I need an algorithm for probability distribution of the cluster. 

Just now, Meowmeow said:

Yeah I used tSNE for Euclidian distance. I need an algorithm for probability distribution of the cluster. 

why did even tSNE come into picture

Its just for data exploration and visualizing high-dimensional data and gives an intuition of how the data is arranged ante

• Like 1

Just now, Meowmeow said:

There are some divergence based clustering. Special cases which measure probability distribution. try kl-divergence 

or u  can simply use chi-squared 

1 minute ago, ring_master said:

Clustering will be based on similiarity measure... so distance is used as similarity measure . You don;t want to use distance to measure similarity? Is that you're trying to do?

Kind of, if I cluster based on Euclidean distance, I can only tell that the points in a single cluster are similar. But I cannot tell how different one cluster is from another cluster based on how close/far it is. So, I am trying to get that information. 

1 minute ago, kathanayaka said:

why did even tSNE come into picture

Its just for data exploration and visualizing high-dimensional data and gives an intuition of how the data is arranged ante

I am trying to visualize high dimensional data, but I want the distance between the clusters to indicate how similar/or not they are to each other. 

5 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

I am trying to visualize high dimensional data, but I want the distance between the clusters to indicate how similar/or not they are to each other. 

yes you need a clustering algorithm . hence K means or SVM give a shot

8 minutes ago, Meowmeow said:

Kind of, if I cluster based on Euclidean distance, I can only tell that the points in a single cluster are similar. But I cannot tell how different one cluster is from another cluster based on how close/far it is. So, I am trying to get that information. 

Ok I got it . 

3 minutes ago, kathanayaka said:

yes you need a clustering algorithm . hence K means or SVM give a shot

Arey k means clustering answer kadu ra, this is a traditional approach he thought in the class, I used this algorithm for all the earlier problems.