Future Income/Investment

jai_bali

Hi guys,

Did you ever think of income after retirement or after few years? I mean ee software field lo eppati varaku untamo teliyadu(various reasons- not upto date with market, new technologies, want to move from IT sector). I know 401k for retirement savings. what plans for future - may be after 10-15 years down the road? I am 26 now and I live in US. I want some suggestions. India lo aithe okappudu Govt. Job unte..montly pension thoni batkacchu..ee private jobs(or new govt. jobs in india) aithe em options untayi for future? 

Investment in properties, 401k ila inka em untayi?

Rental inckme best vayya ..... 401k , dividens stocks ok kani major income vaati meda depend avvalem. So major part rental income plus dividends is a nice way for passive income

9 minutes ago, jai_bali said:

Hi guys,

Did you ever think of income after retirement or after few years? I mean ee software field lo eppati varaku untamo teliyadu(various reasons- not upto date with market, new technologies, want to move from IT sector). I know 401k for retirement savings. what plans for future - may be after 10-15 years down the road? I am 26 now and I live in US. I want some suggestions. India lo aithe okappudu Govt. Job unte..montly pension thoni batkacchu..ee private jobs(or new govt. jobs in india) aithe em options untayi for future? 

My honest advice is you are quite young 26 means. Invest in yourself until 30. Learn advanced skills and keep yourself up to date. That itself will get you money and investments. 

As after 30 you settle and chancing of grooming go down as you have family and other commitments. Hardly can give 2 hours a day for yourself. You just settle with what you have

Generally ppl dont hone their skills and assume some wonder will happen one day. Thats ideally never the case 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kootami said:

Rental inckme best vayya ..... 401k , dividens stocks ok kani major income vaati meda depend avvalem. So major part rental income plus dividends is a nice way for passive income

yaa..401k ante guarantee kooda ledu anuko..i mean enni years untano US lo teliyadu..so withdraw cheste..elaagu biscuit ee..i mean penalty and taxes....but okappati laaga simple ga aithe ledu anukuta future..but rental income is the good one among these

7 minutes ago, Kootami said:

+1 I can't think of a safer choice beyond rents 

4 minutes ago, kathanayaka said:

My honest advice is you are quite young 26 means. Invest in yourself until 30. Learn advanced skills and keep yourself up to date. That itself will get you money and investments. 

As after 30 you settle and chancing of grooming go down as you have family and other commitments. Hardly can give 2 hours a day for yourself. You just settle with what you have

Generally ppl dont hone their skills and assume some wonder will happen one day. Thats ideally never the case 

I agree bhayya..but eppatiki upto date undaali ante kastame...as of now i can cope up with new technologies..but ee AI/machine learning future aithe..kastame to keep up with those..thats y i was asking for other suggestions..thanks for the advice though

26 ki TS entha advanced ga think chestunnadu... nenu ayuyhe ee vorlo SC vundi ekkada fafalu baguntaru ani tirigevaadini.... good to see new gen thinking more advanced than I was 

30 daataka mundu IT odilesi business meeda padu in India or here....starting antha development lekkunna you will learn and grow by the time you touch 35 or 40 you will be good.

40 daaka IT lo ne unte nuvv sachedaaka kotha project eppud ostaada ani soostav

1 hour ago, LadiesTailor said:

26 ki TS entha advanced ga think chestunnadu... nenu ayuyhe ee vorlo SC vundi ekkada fafalu baguntaru ani tirigevaadini.... good to see new gen thinking more advanced than I was 

tammudu tammude peekata peekata bro..avi kooda untayi anuko..enduko doubt vacchindi anthe

I can't comment about rental or business ideas but here is where to start:

- 6 months emergency fund in savings

- maximize 401k ($20k per year)

- maximize Roth IRA ($6k per year) 

- invest in housing, may be a condo if ur job is stable or if u can stick to same city for atleast 5 years. 

Your age is your advantage. Wish I was matured enuf to think about savings in my 20s. But age and compound interest are your best friends as of now! 

• Like 1

mari 26k ante too much aitadi kavvachu...condo anukunna friend thoni kalsi teeskundaam ani but as u said job long term oo kaado teliyadu..but have to think abt that..maa frnd gaadu full time..may be his place lo invest cheyyochu

2 hours ago, jai_bali said:

Hi guys,

Jawani la retirement alochanalu enduku kaka...paisal tarvata aina kamainchukovachu, jawani karchu aipothe malla raadu vaa...enjaaaay kaka enjaay..settlement, retirement gurinchi ipude fikar petukunte etta vayya

• Thanks 1