One weird trick for getting your coronavirus stimulus check: All caps

tacobell fan

Getting a “payment status not available” error when you’re trying to learn the status of your IRS coronavirus stimulus check? Try this one weird trick that really works: Enter your street address in all caps.

EWoscbVUcAEv2BQ?format=jpg&name=medium

4 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

Getting a “payment status not available” error when you’re trying to learn the status of your IRS coronavirus stimulus check? Try this one weird trick that really works: Enter your street address in all caps.

EWoscbVUcAEv2BQ?format=jpg&name=medium

Donkey did you pay your taxes properly buffalo🐃

4 minutes ago, psycopk said:

still same error anta..

stimulus check pakkana pettu why are you so silent on jagan governance? have you shifted your alligience to ycp??

2 minutes ago, batman2 said:

stimulus check pakkana pettu why are you so silent on jagan governance? have you shifted your alligience to ycp??

oh is there a government?

11 minutes ago, psycopk said:

still same error anta..

I have same error when I first tried and i just gave it a shot now and it says they don't have my bank information, so I guess they are slowly fixing these errors.

Just now, tacobell fan said:

I have same error when I first tried and i just gave it a shot now and it says they don't have my bank information, so I guess they are slowly fixing these errors.

so it dosent have anything to do with CAPS then..

13 minutes ago, psycopk said:

still same error anta..

7 minutes ago, alladista said:

Same error for me too

Check this - 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#bank 

Why am I getting Error message when entering my personal information or tax information?

To ensure the information is entered correctly, please use the help tips provided when entering the information requested to verify your identity. If the information you enter does not match our records, you will receive an error message. Check the information requested to ensure you entered it accurately. 

You may want to check your most recent tax return or consider if there is a different way to enter your street address (for example, 123 N Main St vs 123 North Main St).  You may also verify how your address is formatted with the US Postal Service (USPS) by entering your address in the USPS ZIP Lookup tool, and then enter your address into Get My Payment exactly as it appears on file with USPS.

If you receive an error when entering your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), refund amount, or amount you owed, make sure you are entering the numbers exactly as they appear on your Form 1040 or tax transcript. If the numbers from your 2019 tax return are not accepted, try the numbers from your 2018 tax return instead.

If the information you enter does not match our records three times within 24 hours, you will be locked out of Get My Payment for 24 hours for security reasons. You will be able to access the application again after 24 hours. There is no need to contact the IRS.

1 minute ago, psycopk said:

so it dosent have anything to do with CAPS then..

Maybe in some cases CAPS works where they have their info and some they don't. 

4 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

Check this - 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#bank 

Why am I getting Error message when entering my personal information or tax information?

To ensure the information is entered correctly, please use the help tips provided when entering the information requested to verify your identity. If the information you enter does not match our records, you will receive an error message. Check the information requested to ensure you entered it accurately. 

You may want to check your most recent tax return or consider if there is a different way to enter your street address (for example, 123 N Main St vs 123 North Main St).  You may also verify how your address is formatted with the US Postal Service (USPS) by entering your address in the USPS ZIP Lookup tool, and then enter your address into Get My Payment exactly as it appears on file with USPS.

If you receive an error when entering your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), refund amount, or amount you owed, make sure you are entering the numbers exactly as they appear on your Form 1040 or tax transcript. If the numbers from your 2019 tax return are not accepted, try the numbers from your 2018 tax return instead.

If the information you enter does not match our records three times within 24 hours, you will be locked out of Get My Payment for 24 hours for security reasons. You will be able to access the application again after 24 hours. There is no need to contact the IRS.

didnt help.. but thanks. will be useful for others