Longest padayatra ever

Silverado

1 hour ago, Michaelbarbosa said:

those 2 things in life is hard to achieve. 

anapanasati-- this was preached by subash patri of pyramid spirtual society. but that thing became money centered or ppl around it became money centered. 

sometimes it feels to have guru unless you have guru these things are hard to achieve they say. I always wanted to go to some of these place like vipassana meditation 

https://www.dhamma.org/en-US/index

or some ashrams in hrishikesh for around 3-6 months, but you know these things which we are surrounded by very hard to detach with them and put aside those 3 months or 6 months. 

I went to vipassana it was very effective.  Really helps you to learn how to meditate 

16 minutes ago, tom bhayya said:

Vajrasuchi upanishad lo its clearly mentioned about the varna system but dhaanni thokki petteysaaru agravarnaalu, time untey research about it. Buddhist lu dhaani bayataki theesi translate chesaaru ani ekkado chadiva gurthu ravadam ledhu kaani. 

Vajra means diamond, Suchi means needle and hence the name "Vajra-suchika" means a needle as hard as a diamond and minces no words in expounding the profound and potent truths.

Each verse begins with a question and rest of the verse answers that question. In the final verse the answer is given to the question Who indeed is a Brahmin?

The questions asked are What is verily, a Brahmin? Is it Jiva (living being), Deha (body), Jathi (class or caste), Jnana (knowledge), Karma (action) or is it Dharma (virtues and righteousness)?

Here are the answers given by the Upanishad.

It is not Jiva (living being / life) as life is same in all living beings.

It is not Deha (body) as there is not much distinction between bodies.

It is not Jathi (class / caste) as it cannot make one a Brahmin since many great Rishis (Sages) have sprung from various castes and orders of creation. Sage Rishyashrunga was said to be born of deer; Kaushika of Kusha grass; Jambuka of a jackal; Valmiki of valmika (an ant hill); Vyasa of a fisherman's daughter; Gautama of a hare; Vasishta of Urvashi and Agastya of a water-pot; thus have we heard. Therefore a class or caste does not make one a Brahmin says Verse 5 and unambiguously defines the meaning of Secularism.

It is not Jnana (knowledge) as there are many who have attained the highest knowledge.

It is not Karma (actions / deeds) as everybody is engaged in action and there are many who have done great and noble deeds.

It is not Dharma (virtues and righteousness) as there are many who possess great virtues and always tread the path of righteousness.

Who indeed is then a Brahmin? (Verse 9)

Whoever he may be, he is a Brahmin who has realised the Atman (Self, Chit Shakti meaning Sentient Energy, Consciousness, Concentrating Capability, Knowing Ability) and who is directly cognisant of the Atman just like a cherry / gooseberry in the palm or who knows it like the back of his hand. He realises that Atman is of the nature of Truth, Consciousness, Bliss, unchanging, eternity, devoid of six stains or infirmities (old age, sorrow, delusion, hunger, thirst and death) and devoid of six changes (being, birth, growth, maturity, deterioration and death).

Finally, the Upanishad declares that he is a Brahmin who is endowed with six virtues (Shad Sampat - Shama, Dama, Uparati, Titiksha, Shraddha and Samadhana), free from desires, likes, dislikes, pride, jealously, obsession for worldly objects and realises the Atman as Sacchidhananda Swarupa (Sat-Chit-Ananda, Existence-Consciousness-Bliss), non-dual, only one without a second, indivisible, immeasurable, incomprehensible and known only by Aparoksha Anubhuti (Direct Experience).

He is a Brahmin who constantly meditates / contemplates on the Atman who is the indweller of all beings and pervades everywhere.

Interesting. I’ll look it up. I’m born into a Brahmin family. Now I also practice the rituals of the varna to a large extent possible. someone did mention something like this to me about ascription of varna due to practice ...as opposed to birth. 
what u said is true, I’m not sure about the tokki pettadam part because it dates back to long long ago, so it can have varied interests....n indeed caste system became ugly only around 5th century AD ...for the reasons I told above. 

this is quite good write up about the practice of Brahmin. I read this before in a random text, I’m unable to recollect 

2 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Interesting. I’ll look it up. I’m born into a Brahmin family. Now I also practice the rituals of the varna to a large extent possible. someone did mention something like this to me about ascription of varna due to practice ...as opposed to birth. 
what u said is true, I’m not sure about the tokki pettadam part because it dates back to long long ago, so it can have varied interests....n indeed caste system became ugly only around 5th century AD ...for the reasons I told above. 

I'm the one @Ellen

31 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I went to vipassana it was very effective.  Really helps you to learn how to meditate 

2 weeks to spare is very tough for me ; I am expected to spend time with family or travel back home if I ever take vacation life is tough after certain age to take time to try out new things in life. 

• Sad 1