How many of u know i quit IAS to become Nri

AFDBRAJA

7 minutes ago, emitlu said:

Gitle fektu fektu, Abhiram gaani job poyindi...

Jara badram raa

Fake endira !! Training lo na shoulder lo bullet inka alane vundhi.

Guys lemme tell you about a routine day in peace first then we will talk about what's it like to be in active operations...
morning PT 0530 , followed by a breakfast (young officers can sneak in about half an hr of sleep 😉 in this time...0830 office if you are doing some staff appointment. otherwise you are involved in some training activity like firing, tactics classes. preparing for some inter unit competition or handling the administration of your troops. lunch generally gets delayed to around 1400-1430 which followed by games with troops from 1600 -1630 till the time you can play your heart out or the sun goes down. thereafter you are engaged if you have some unfinished task that you were assigned...after this some many like to hit the gym , swimming pool, squash court or the mess for a well deserved drink.

well active operations is a totally different ball game . you can be out for 96 hours on patrolling to sitting in ambushes every alternate night if not daily. most of the times you move out on short notice so you have to be ever prepared. in some places you might have to undertake long range patrols (14-21 days) and you are totally self sustained ( no wonder most army guys hate trekking and snigger behind the backs of people who talk about their awesome three day adventure trek ).....
as far as operating in Siachin is concerned, well its more awe inspiring than many of the shows on discovery and nat geo...

apart from all this you are on call 24/7 ...so when i am writing this at 1 am in the morning i know that despite it being a Sunday tomorrow i will be up at 0500 hrs because there is a task that needs to be done and i am not cribbing because as you said its a lifestyle not a profession..

12 minutes ago, AFDBRAJA said:

Guys lemme tell you about a routine day in peace first then we will talk about what's it like to be in active operations...
morning PT 0530 , followed by a breakfast (young officers can sneak in about half an hr of sleep 😉 in this time...0830 office if you are doing some staff appointment. otherwise you are involved in some training activity like firing, tactics classes. preparing for some inter unit competition or handling the administration of your troops. lunch generally gets delayed to around 1400-1430 which followed by games with troops from 1600 -1630 till the time you can play your heart out or the sun goes down. thereafter you are engaged if you have some unfinished task that you were assigned...after this some many like to hit the gym , swimming pool, squash court or the mess for a well deserved drink.

well active operations is a totally different ball game . you can be out for 96 hours on patrolling to sitting in ambushes every alternate night if not daily. most of the times you move out on short notice so you have to be ever prepared. in some places you might have to undertake long range patrols (14-21 days) and you are totally self sustained ( no wonder most army guys hate trekking and snigger behind the backs of people who talk about their awesome three day adventure trek ).....
as far as operating in Siachin is concerned, well its more awe inspiring than many of the shows on discovery and nat geo...

apart from all this you are on call 24/7 ...so when i am writing this at 1 am in the morning i know that despite it being a Sunday tomorrow i will be up at 0500 hrs because there is a task that needs to be done and i am not cribbing because as you said its a lifestyle not a profession..

Shoulder lo Unna bullet ...dimaak la bhi digginda ?