India To Bring Back Stranded Citizens On Payment Basis

Anta Assamey

UAE.jpg

The Indian government announced today that it will start bringing back its citizens who are stuck abroad due to Covid-19 lockdowns from May 7. Indians who have planned to come to India from March 22 have dropped their plans due to the travel ban. Therefore, the government said in a press release, “Government of India will be facilitating the return of Indian nationals stranded abroad on compelling grounds in a phased manner.”

Stranded Indian citizens will be brought back homes via special aircraft, and naval ships but on a payment basis. Indian citizens will first be evacuated from the United Arab Emirates as more than eight million Indians are living in the Gulf countries. According to the government release, Indian Embassies and High Commissions are creating lists of distressed citizens in various countries. Not only will they have to pay for the service, but also undergo medical screen tests before departure and only asymptomatic persons will be allowed to board flights.

As soon as the passenger lands in India, they will have to download the Arogya Setu app and will go through another round of medical screening which will be followed by a 14-day quarantine period. “The state governments are being advised to make arrangements, including for testing, quarantine and onward movement of the returning Indians in their respective states,” the ministry said. Apart from common people, even those in higher positions have been stuck abroad like the Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora in the US.

Just now, snoww said:

Antey ippatilo international flights open seyyam ani indirect gaa telling aa

June 1st varaku aite levu ani eppati nuncho telling ... So i guess with this its going to be pushed anukunta... 3pa3zo.gif

45 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

June 1st varaku aite levu ani eppati nuncho telling ... So i guess with this its going to be pushed anukunta... 3pa3zo.gif

US Middle East both cases raising every day. So doubt ee ippatilo. 

1 minute ago, snoww said:

US Middle East both cases raising every day. So doubt ee ippatilo. 

India lo last 2-3 days all states are seeing new peaks of case count... I am sensing by this weekend malli Modi gaari TV lo 30 mins show undochu @3$%

1 minute ago, Kool_SRG said:

India lo last 2-3 days all states are seeing new peaks of case count... I am sensing by this weekend malli Modi gaari TV lo 30 mins show undochu @3$%

Yes. Situation might become serious. 

Ivvala total cases all time high. 3500 change. 

This will be very challenging..Modi Govt seem to be losing control over the situation and this migrant chaos will going to create a new crisis.

only selected and approved vallake antadu...a rules sarigga specify cheyaru..emergency travel evadiki avasaramo clarity vundadu, and then there is media always ready to exploit the situation to make it worse...

Domestic migrant movement ne handle cheyaleka sastunaru...abroad nundi ika teesukochinatte...way too many things to manage ad result will be disaster.

1 hour ago, Anta Assamey said:

air india ticket booking opened from may 17th Android_Halwa

1 minute ago, tom bhayya said:

Adhi Domestic kada... International kuda na ?? Aina adi old news...Need Confirmation .. 3pa3zo.gif

Monne kada Kishan Reddy Uncle TV9 lo told... Railways and Airlines wont function anytime soon ani .. 3pa3zo.gif

21 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

USA lo govt is expecting peak deaths in June daily 3000 anta their estimation 

I don't think this has anything to do with opening of air space..

evacuation chesina, navy ships and special flights lo chestaru kada...keeping regular schedule as it is..

I think it’s fair enough to charge. I know a person who bought a ticket on one of those special flights for stranded US citizens in India for $2500 something for a one way ticket. 

1 minute ago, tom bhayya said:

Malli tooch antaaru ippatlo open chese paristhithulu levu... Nee ticket edoh unnatundi ga mid may annattu..

2 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Adhi Domestic kada... International kuda na ?? Aina adi old news...Need Confirmation .. 3pa3zo.gif

Monne kada Kishan Reddy Uncle TV9 lo told... Railways and Airlines wont function anytime soon ani .. 3pa3zo.gif

Ya domestic selling