Desis and their normalization attitude

Michaelbarbosa

Lets do an healthy discussion about this. 

For example when pewdepie was having a fued with T-series; lots of desis took it as a national pride and then actually made T-series as number 1 subscribed channel that way okay but 

recently they copied tunes from Ritviz and independent composer-- without credits were given. 

Ppl really supported T-series for this saying ek hi toh chotti tune hai utni badi kya hai types, 

I think we as desis tend to see that kind of normalization even in our daily lives 

for example getting a drivers license or number plates in India approaching a broker is very much normalized. 

how many of you agree and support my points, lets do a disco on this. like what you feel that thinking should change. 

even at the customs in India; everyone at one point do it pay money to let you go, I did once while as a student then never again. 

2 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Supporting T Series over Pewdipie was purely a result of trying to confirm to an identity, in this case that of an "Indian". This is what happens when hyper national rhetoric gets normalized as "patriotism". 

I believe we suffer from a deep seated sense of lack of identity, so if it comes to an issue like a non Indian vs Indian, we would gravitate towards the Indian person or point of view. If it is an intra Indian issue i.e., within the Indian nation itself, it becomes a North Indian, South Indian, sub cultural or religious issue. 

oh yeah definitely, In never ever I have ever or whatever that netflix series as well, the girl tries to shed her Indian identity instead of accepting it and be proud of it. 

she didn't even realize that thing even one of her frnd mentions that seeing native americans doing pow wow  at his college really got him thinking that we should appreciate our background. though this seems totally unrelated to the topic but when you mention we suffer from deep seated sense of lack of identity i just thought of bringing that as an example. 

2 minutes ago, Michaelbarbosa said:

oh yeah definitely, In never ever I have ever or whatever that netflix series as well, the girl tries to shed her Indian identity instead of accepting it and be proud of it. 

she didn't even realize that thing even one of her frnd mentions that seeing native americans doing pow wow  at his college really got him thinking that we should appreciate our background. though this seems totally unrelated to the topic but when you mention we suffer from deep seated sense of lack of identity i just thought of bringing that as an example. 

The problem is with the Indian parenting in general. My own wife is someone that grew up in the US and at times accepted being not totally okay to be in her Indian identity, of course this changed once she got older and through college but this is very normal. 

The harder Indian parents in the US try to impose being "Indian" on their kids, the worse the situation would get as they would end up with two ideologies that are at logger heads with each other. And the safety net would be to revert to the status quo which is the mainstream culture they are exposed to, so we can't blame them for that. Instead of understanding their problem, look at how some idiots in this very DB mock them for being "confused" ABCDs etc. These are the example of terrible parents they would end up becoming in the near future, furthering this cycle. 

52 minutes ago, Michaelbarbosa said:

Lets do an healthy discussion about this. 

For example when pewdepie was having a fued with T-series; lots of desis took it as a national pride and then actually made T-series as number 1 subscribed channel that way okay but 

recently they copied tunes from Ritviz and independent composer-- without credits were given. 

Ppl really supported T-series for this saying ek hi toh chotti tune hai utni badi kya hai types, 

I think we as desis tend to see that kind of normalization even in our daily lives 

for example getting a drivers license or number plates in India approaching a broker is very much normalized. 

how many of you agree and support my points, lets do a disco on this. like what you feel that thinking should change. 

even at the customs in India; everyone at one point do it pay money to let you go, I did once while as a student then never again. 

First of All, T-series and the Indian people along with celebrities and politicians some how made that a topic of national integrity and unity.  THAT IS NOT OK.

Its just YouTube subscribers. T-series - well played and getting huge money from Youtube for their viewership, but our so called national pride warriors don't even know that, they are basically  making money for T-series.

"Chalthe" Attitude is somehow rooted in to our societies, that's why we (Indians) look else where when it comes to STANDARD.

As soon as we are able to get that normalization attitude away from our society, India will go to next level. 

26 minutes ago, mustang302 said:

YouTube subs kooda national pride ga consider chesthunnara😂😂

big time dude even jaby koay is considered as Indian as modi and desis are trying to lobby for his Indian Citizenship sidelining tarek fateh lol 

45 minutes ago, ShruteSastry said:

First of All, T-series and the Indian people along with celebrities and politicians some how made that a topic of national integrity and unity.  THAT IS NOT OK.

Its just YouTube subscribers. T-series - well played and getting huge money from Youtube for their viewership, but our so called national pride warriors don't even know that, they are basically  making money for T-series.

"Chalthe" Attitude is somehow rooted in to our societies, that's why we (Indians) look else where when it comes to STANDARD.

As soon as we are able to get that normalization attitude away from our society, India will go to next level. 

oh yeah that's what problem lies with us. 

57 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

The problem is with the Indian parenting in general. My own wife is someone that grew up in the US and at times accepted being not totally okay to be in her Indian identity, of course this changed once she got older and through college but this is very normal. 

The harder Indian parents in the US try to impose being "Indian" on their kids, the worse the situation would get as they would end up with two ideologies that are at logger heads with each other. And the safety net would be to revert to the status quo which is the mainstream culture they are exposed to, so we can't blame them for that. Instead of understanding their problem, look at how some idiots in this very DB mock them for being "confused" ABCDs etc. These are the example of terrible parents they would end up becoming in the near future, furthering this cycle. 

interestingly while watch the same series mentioned above, I had a convo with my neice when she said she doesn't feel like that being confused or sandwiched between the eastern and western identities may be because their parents don't enforce as such. 

Now, A lot of us know, what the problem is....

If we start to eradicate that mentality from now, may be next generation will take it seriously, 

Simple actions like, Being Clean, Recycling, teaching them to respect, no mentioning of castes, etc..

3 hours ago, zarathustra said:

apart from identity... how is your married life ,    henpecked or normal life like others ?

..just asking no offence

36 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

apart from identity... how is your married life ,    henpecked or normal life like others ?

..just asking no offence

both are same right in a marriage @3$%