DOES VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY REALLY INCREASE RISK OF DEATH FROM COVID-19?

perugu_vada

https://www.newsweek.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-risk-death-covid-19-1504187

One new avenue of research is the role that vitamin D might play in both the severity of COVID-19 and the risk of developing the disease. A handful of recent studies claim to have found a link between low vitamin D levels and COVID-19 fatality. 

"They found that the odds of having a critical outcome, meaning the patient got the acute respiratory distress syndrome and actually ended up in an ICU and on ventilator, was almost 20 times higher than having a clinical outcome if you are vitamin D deficient. 

The study suggested that countries like Italy and Spain with the highest reported vitamin D deficiency are also those with higher COVID-19 infections and mortality.

For people who don't know, in the US the borders between Utah & Arizona, Colorado & New Mexico, and Kansas & Oklahoma are at the 37° line. Basically everyone except people in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Las Vegas, and California south of San Jose should be supplementing. More if your farther north, more if you spend lots of time indoors.

30 minutes ago, Kootami said:

For people who don't know, in the US the borders between Utah & Arizona, Colorado & New Mexico, and Kansas & Oklahoma are at the 37° line. Basically everyone except people in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Las Vegas, and California south of San Jose should be supplementing. More if your farther north, more if you spend lots of time indoors.

telugu lo cheppu... Texas Florida lo east facing houses konocha ?

30 minutes ago, Kootami said:

location do not matter, outdoor activity ekuva cheyakapothe .. i have been in TX for more than 10yrs, still my Vit-D was 16 ng/mL .. 30-100 range lo undaali anta .. so doctor prescribed me prescription for 3-months . ipudu 57 ng/mL ki vellindi .. it is better to get Vit-D checked during yearly physicals .. general ga physicians dont include this during yearly physicals

16 minutes ago, reality said:

So lockdown lift chesi sun ki expose kavala ithe...

blood work cheyinchi .. need to know wat their current Vit-D levels are, maree thakuva unte prescription for few months, then Over-the-counter 1000/2000/5000 IU 

nenu OH lo unnappudu chusa, summer undedhey 2 to 3 months, aa time lo kuda office lo janalu(both Desi n non-Desi)  lunch time lo bayatiki velle tappudu chethulaki, mohaniki sunscreen rasukuni povatam chusa  damn

1 minute ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

nenu OH lo unnappudu chusa, summer undedhey 2 to 3 months, aa time lo kuda office lo janalu(both Desi n non-Desi)  lunch time lo bayatiki velle tappudu chethulaki, mohaniki sunscreen rasukuni povatam chusa  damn

On the other side, i have seen some white guys jogging in sun midday with sleeveless tops and shorts. . .  edi emaina US lo extremes untaru ba baboooo

1 hour ago, perugu_vada said:

location do not matter, outdoor activity ekuva cheyakapothe .. i have been in TX for more than 10yrs, still my Vit-D was 16 ng/mL .. 30-100 range lo undaali anta .. so doctor prescribed me prescription for 3-months . ipudu 57 ng/mL ki vellindi .. it is better to get Vit-D checked during yearly physicals .. general ga physicians dont include this during yearly physicals

blood work cheyinchi .. need to know wat their current Vit-D levels are, maree thakuva unte prescription for few months, then Over-the-counter 1000/2000/5000 IU 

eppudu yealry physicals lo idi inlcuded kaadu . we have to pay extra , but not much but still we need to pay if we get tested for it. insaneee