Why I killed gandhi

Silverado

Nadhuram godse statement

During the subsequent trial, and in various witness accounts and books written since, the motivation of Godse has been summarized, speculated about and debated.[65][66] Godse did not deny killing Gandhi, and made a long statement explaining his motivations for the assassination.[67] Some of these motivations were:[67][68]

• Godse felt that the massacre and suffering caused during, and due to, the partition could have been avoided if Gandhi and the Indian government had acted to stop the killing of the minorities (Hindus and Sikhs) in West and East Pakistan. He stated Gandhi had not protested against these atrocities being suffered by hindus in Pakistan and had instead resorted to fasts.[69]In his court deposition, Godse said, "I thought to myself and foresaw I shall be totally ruined, and the only thing I could expect from the people would be nothing but hatred ... if I were to kill Gandhiji. But at the same time I felt that the Indian politics in the absence of Gandhiji would surely be proved practical, able to retaliate, and would be powerful with armed forces. No doubt, my own future would be totally ruined, but the nation would be saved from the inroads of Pakistan.'"[70]
  • Godse called Gandhi subjective, someone who pretended to have a monopoly on truth.[71] He stated that Gandhi thought of himself as the final judge of what is true or false, right or wrong, and the suffering of Hindus did not matter to him. Godse claimed that his group of volunteers and he were social workers who had worked across religious and caste boundaries for years to help their fellow Indians, and he was upset with Gandhi's actions and willingness to ignore non-Muslim interests and make concessions to Muslims.[67][72][73]
  • Godse said that Gandhi exploited the feelings of tolerant Hindus with one-sided practices. Gandhi's recent prayer meetings in Hindu temples, said Godse, had started the practice of reading passages from the Quran, despite Hindus protesting this practice. However, according to Godse, Gandhi "dared not read the Gita in a mosque in the teeth of Muslim opposition" and "Gandhi knew what a terrible Muslim reaction would have been if he had done so". Godse alleged that Gandhi knew it is safe to trample on the tolerant Hindu. Godse wanted to show that a Hindu too can be intolerant.[67][74][note 1]
  • Godse stated that Gandhi's fast to pressure the Indian government to release the final payment to Pakistan that it had previously frozen because of the war in Kashmir, and the Indian government's subsequent policy reversal, was proof that the Indian government reversed its decision to suit the feelings of Gandhi. India, said Godse, was not being run by the force of public opinion, but by Gandhi's whims. Godse added that he admired Gandhi for his lofty character, ceaseless work and asceticism, and Gandhi's formidable character meant that his influence outside of the due process would continue while he was alive. Gandhi had to be removed from the political stage, so that India can begin looking after its own interests as a nation, according to Godse.[67][76][77]
  • Godse stated he did not oppose Gandhian ahimsa teachings, but Gandhi's talk of religious tolerance and nonviolence had already caused India to cede Pakistan to Muslims, uprooted millions of people from their home, caused immense violent loss of life and broken families. He believed that if Gandhi was not checked he would bring destruction and more massacres to Hindus. In Godse's opinion, "the only answer to violent aggression was violent self-defense". Godse stated that "Gandhi had betrayed his Hindu religion and culture by supporting Muslims at the expense of Hindus" because his lectures of ahimsa (non-violence) were directed at and accepted by the Hindu community only. Godse said, "I sat brooding intensely on the atrocities perpetrated on Hinduism and its dark and deadly future if left to face Islam (Pakistan) outside and Gandhi inside, and . . . I decided all of a sudden to take the extreme step against Gandhi". I did not hate Gandhi, I revered him because we both venerated much in Hindu religion, Hindu history and Hindu culture, we both were against superstitious aspects and the wrongs in Hinduism. Therefore I bowed before Gandhi when I met him, said Godse, then performed my moral duty and killed Gandhi.[67][72]

IN HIS SPEECH IN COURT, WHEN HE WAS TRIED FOR KILLING THE MAHATAMA, HE PUT FORWARD HIS IDEALOGICAL DIFFERENCES.

THE SPEECH IS AVAILABLE ONLINE.

THIS IS THE EXCERPT BELOW.

“Mahatama strictly practised and imposed non violence on everyone. If the Indian National Congress and its leaders digressed he would start a fast unto death. The demands had to be complied with. His personal ideology at times harmed country’s interests.

I was furious at the Mahatama for accepting Jinnah’s demand for Pakistan, a separate nation, to be carved out of India. It was apparently a prerequisite for free India by the British. But then the British were already a spent force.

Gandhiji was supporting unreasonable Muslims interests at the cost of the Hindus.

First it was the demand for Pakistan which he accepted.

Second, the empty mosques housing Hindu refugees in Delhi were vacated on Gandhiji’s insistence, so that they could be occupied by Muslim refugees. In the cold winters, the Hindu refugees had no where to go. A request similar to that of mosques was not made for temples in Pakistan. On the other hand temples in Pakistan were defiled

All the Muslims were granted full security in India and had the choice to stay back, if they wanted. As a result majority of Muslims never went to Pakistan and the very purpose of creating a new nation, for them was defeated.

Unlike India, the Hindus in Pakistan were forced to leave the country. Men, women and children were brutalised. One million people died. Mahatama’s ideology of non violence, led to lots of violence.

I am, full of grouse, that Gandhiji and the Congress never exerted diplomatic pressure on Pakistan for the safeguard of its people or threatened to retaliate.

Sardar Patel had refused to grant fifty five crores to Pakistan from the exchequer. But on Gandhiji’s insistence the government policy had to be changed.

A Hindu activist Ganesh Shankar Vidhyarthi was brutally murdered by a Muslim mob. Gandhiji wanted everyone to give up their life for India’s freedom, but fighting non violently. He did not condemn the violent action of the Muslims. He was never for retaliation but suffering quietly.

Similarly the men of the Nizam of Hyderabad, carried out excesses on the Hindu brethren. But all Gandhiji did was appease the Nizam and requested him to give up his State and join the confederation of Independent states. The Nizam never ceded ground.

He significantly pointed out that after the Mahatama’s death, the Indian government sent, armed forces to Hyderabad and defeated the Nizam. Hyderabad too became a part of Independent India. Gandhiji with his philosophy of non violence would have never allowed it.

I assassinated Gandhiji so that his people, the Hindus did not suffer injustice.”

• Upvote 2

Sad but nation ignored him and his speeches... thanks to Nehru and company who projected Gandhi is father of nation.... 

gandhi lanti celebrity ni Champali adi kooda freedom vachina ventane ante lot of things went wrong and he might have personally experienced it.. aa story ni evvadu highlight cheyyadu as govt is on Gandhi side.... 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Sad but nation ignored him and his speeches... thanks to Nehru and company who projected Gandhi is father of nation.... 

gandhi lanti celebrity ni Champali adi kooda freedom vachina ventane ante lot of things went wrong and he might have personally experienced it.. aa story ni evvadu highlight cheyyadu as govt is on Gandhi side.... 

Gandhi asked bose to step down from congress presidentship in favour of Nehru ,so bose left congress

Just now, dewarist said:

Pilavani Perantam

Nothing like that dude

Still gandhi name stands for non violence in western world and org like UN 

So no government will touch it

2 minutes ago, odhu_le_macha said:

e book 5 years mundu chadiva...Reality ento thelisindi..

Very detailed and depthful guy godse

He is misunderstood

But one thing abt gandhi assisnation was don't whether 2 or 3 bullets fired

He was not taken to hospital even he is bleeding left there for 40 some minutes ani talk

4 minutes ago, Silverado said:

Very detailed and depthful guy godse

He is misunderstood

But one thing abt gandhi assisnation was don't whether 2 or 3 bullets fired

#$1 that part really sad..book chaduthunte naku chala interesting ga anipinchindi..

life lo cheema ki kuda hani cheyani nenu okarni champadanki reason enti ani clear ga chepthadu..ela plan chesaru..ippudu champakapothe mana India future em avthundi ani..

Gandhi ki unna fame mundu Godse thyagam evarki theliakunda poindi..ippatiki oka villan la chusthunnaru but true hero

• Upvote 1