Want to know your opinion

Catalpha

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

you talk like a perfect tambrahm mama. :)

but my question is simple. if you have such lofty ambitions to make it in your career, why are you even talking about having kids?

it is true that raising kids is a full time job, and thats why may be dangling the carrrot of 'high probability of success' is nature's way of telling humans to stop having kids.

I just wish nature was more subtle. 

No reason to segregated, it's the story of every Asian tiger mom, that's the right stereotype. 

2 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

You keep saying it's a wonderful experience, but don't say why? I don't see how crying babies, dirty diapers and runny nose is a wonderful experience. I mean they grow up to be on their own. You still have to deal with heartbreak, pushing them to be successful and then dealing with their heartbreaks. All I can see as a plus is that it will be a larger gathering at Thanksgiving. 

And you keep going in circles.

some things cannot be explained - only experienced.

do you consider a woman on periods is wonderful to have as wife?

you want to celebrate Thanksgiving with just your wife? Good luck!

8 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

In that case, don’t get married until you finish your education and things you want to accomplish in your life. Simple.

both parents take turns to balance it out for the sake of sanity. It’s just a short phase while they are babies - once they start walking and talking and potty trained, it is much less burden on the parents. It is not as scary as you think. Easy peasy.

It is hard to understand why people want to get married if they do not want to have kids. What is the benefit of getting married in that case? Do you want to get married? If you are already married, why did you get married?

people get married because they are idiots. simple. 

after that they continue their idiocy by having kids. 

1 minute ago, Catalpha said:

Also getting married didn't affect my education or career choice, but if I had kids, it would definitely affect my career. 

I didn’t realize until now u were married. Now that I know, would love to know what ur wife thinks in regards to this matter.. my questions for u . 1) before getting married did u discuss this matter with ur wife? 2. If yes, what she had to say then? If no, why didn’t u discuss this upfront itself.

6 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

To save on taxes and insurance? 

No, your calculations are incorrect.

if you stayed single, you could have kept all the money for yourself - instead of spending on and providing for your wife.

and what if your wife leaves you?? What about that heartbreak?

Just now, Bhumchik said:

And you keep going in circles.

some things cannot be explained - only experienced.

do you consider a woman on periods is wonderful to have as wife?

you want to celebrate Thanksgiving with just your wife? Good luck!

I don't know how quarantine was for you, but for me it was blissful. Not having to deal with social norms of small talk with mediocre people is great. So, I wouldn't mind less people at Thanksgiving, more food for me. 

1 minute ago, Catalpha said:

No reason to segregated, it's the story of every Asian tiger mom, that's the right stereotype. 

and these asian tiger moms have achieved what? produced good slaves to the system? 

may be you can be a handsoff parent amidst these tigers, since you seem to so want to go against the grain.

Just now, ganesh said:

I didn’t realize until now u were married. Now that I know, would love to know what ur wife thinks in regards to this matter.. my questions for u . 1) before getting married did u discuss this matter with ur wife? 2. If yes, what she had to say then? If no, why didn’t u discuss this upfront itself.

You're asking the wrong person, my husband is alright with whatever I chose. I, however didn't find a reason to have kids, except for the fear of missing out. All I hear is people having kids because everyone else is having kids. And you're expected to have kids because of the fear of missing out otherwise.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

I don't know how quarantine was for you, but for me it was blissful. Not having to deal with social norms of small talk with mediocre people is great. So, I wouldn't mind less people at Thanksgiving, more food for me. 

yeah, but what about AFDB??? :giggle:

2 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

and these asian tiger moms have achieved what? produced good slaves to the system? 

may be you can be a handsoff parent amidst these tigers, since you seem to so want to go against the grain.

Or just not a parent. 

Just now, Catalpha said:

You're asking the wrong person, my husband is alright with whatever I chose. I, however didn't find a reason to have kids, except for the fear of missing out. All I hear is people having kids because everyone else is having kids. And you're expected to have kids because of the fear of missing out otherwise.

I still can't say if you are trolling or serious.

ofcourse people have kids because it is a social norm. nothing more than that to having kids.

the ecosystem you live in encourages having kids. They are the reason suburban neighbourhoods sprung up so families can have more space.

so are you a city person or a suburban guy?

10 minutes ago, Bhumchik said:

No, your calculations are incorrect.

if you stayed single, you could have kept all the money for yourself - instead of spending on and providing for your wife.

and what if your wife leaves you?? What about that heartbreak?

I did the math before I got married, thanks for asking, we saved money in taxes filing jointly than separately.