Want to know your opinion

Catalpha

5 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

You're asking the wrong person, my husband is alright with whatever I chose. I, however didn't find a reason to have kids, except for the fear of missing out. All I hear is people having kids because everyone else is having kids. And you're expected to have kids because of the fear of missing out otherwise.

Doesn’t matter If U r the wife or a husband..my bad ..however, u did not answer my question did u discuss this or express ur opinion in regards to this with the person u were going to marry

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

I still can't say if you are trolling or serious.

ofcourse people have kids because it is a social norm. nothing more than that to having kids.

the ecosystem you live in encourages having kids. They are the reason suburban neighbourhoods sprung up so families can have more space.

so are you a city person or a suburban guy?

More suburban because of how not social I am, I guess it has more to do with having less tolerance towards stupidity than anything. 

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

ok. 

so now you want everyone else to follow you  or something? 

Skip

Title is just opinion about why you had kids, or rather the reason behind it. 

okay.. if one wants to get creative about this topic.. (since TS is beating around the bush) lets go this way.

your entire body exists just to keep your brain alive right? to feed it oxygen and keep it humming.

so now the brain wants to make copies of itself, to improve its chances of survival may be. hehe...

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Doesn’t matter If U r the wife or a husband..my bad ..however, u did not answer my question did u discuss this or express ur opinion in regards to this with ur better half.

Yes, like I said he is okay with whatever I choose to do. 

2 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

More suburban because of how not social I am, I guess it has more to do with having less tolerance towards stupidity than anything. 

I'd wager there's more stupidity in suburbs (what with kids and all) than any urban area. 

Just now, Catalpha said:

Yes, like I said he is okay with whatever I choose to do. 

Excellent.. it’s nice u have a partner who doesn’t have an opinion and offcourse is ok with whatever u decide..

6 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

I still can't say if you are trolling or serious.

ofcourse people have kids because it is a social norm. nothing more than that to having kids.

the ecosystem you live in encourages having kids. They are the reason suburban neighbourhoods sprung up so families can have more space.

so are you a city person or a suburban guy?

From what I can tell, two kinds of people have kids, 1. Who truly like kids and 2. Who think it's the norm or who think they are not man enough if they don't have kids. From what I can tell there are more people who fall into the second category. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Excellent.. it’s nice u have a partner who doesn’t have an opinion and offcourse is ok with whatever u decide..

To be fair, any man would have no choice in this issue, given that it's not his body. Obviously the choice has to be with the women. Ofcourse I am not talking about marital rape or mental abuse cases.  

2 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

Title is just opinion. why you had kids, or rather reason behind it.

you are smart enough to know that there can be no reason behind having kids.

like one smart biologist said.. life is an electron looking for a place to rest.

your singular conscious choice to have/not have kids is immaterial in the grand scheme of things, no?

you are free to fcuk up the social norms :)

3 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

okay.. if one wants to get creative about this topic.. (since TS is beating around the bush) lets go this way.

your entire body exists just to keep your brain alive right? to feed it oxygen and keep it humming.

so now the brain wants to make copies of itself, to improve its chances of survival may be. hehe...

I tried to make him realize that he is going in circles but he appears to be drunk 😀

who in their right mind as an educated grownup needs a dozen-page conversation on whether to have kids or to get married?

Just now, TrollBait said:

you are smart enough to know that there can be no reason behind having kids.

like one smart biologist said.. life is an electron looking for a place to rest.

your singular conscious choice to have/not have kids is immaterial in the grand scheme of things, no?

you are free to fcuk up the social norms :)

Ofcourse, just testing the waters, before getting drowned (or chosing not to) 

3 minutes ago, Catalpha said:

From what I can tell, two kinds of people have kids, 1. Who truly like kids and 2. Who think it's the norm or who think they are not man enough if they don't have kids. From what I can tell there are more people who fall into the second category. 

There's nobody who 'truly likes kids'..

they don't exist man. Unless they are part time parents who delegate kid rearing to the other partner, or to a maid.

kids are impossible to like 90% of the times. you just bear them because you feel responsible.

Just now, Bhumchik said:

I tried to make him realize that he is going in circles but he appears to be drunk 😀

who in their right mind as an educated grownup needs a dozen-page conversation on whether to have kids or to get married?

he's  bored, and is trolling everyone. 

• Haha 1