Want to know your opinion

Catalpha

3 hours ago, kr123 said:

Looks like you are depressed

seek help from doctors

I don’t think she is depressed, she is just questioning the invisible rules the society put up on us and the pressure of having/doing something just because some one else is doing and regardless of our personal choice. I love kids so ofcourse I am going to have them in the future but when? Is the question for me. I do not agree with anyone who says I must I have kids right after my wedding.. it’s my choice.

Pilli is questioning why we shuld have kids in the first place. She has a point of her own (I cannot completely defend her as I love kids) but she is clearly not depressed or ill, we just never question things that happen to us by pressure or force. 

• Upvote 1

its okay man to not have kids; 

my colleague also never had kids and he says he never felt need for them though they are  in 60s they are happy couple. 

they cycle; skii; travel a lot in a sense they are living their lives not for anyone else. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BeautyQueen said:

I don’t think she is depressed, she is just questioning the invisible rules the society put up on us and the pressure of having/doing something just because some one else is doing and regardless of our personal choice. I love kids so ofcourse I am going to have them in the future but when? Is the question for me. I do not agree with anyone who says I must I have kids right after my wedding.. it’s my choice.

Pilli is questioning why we shuld have kids in the first place. She has a point of her own (I cannot completely defend her as I love kids) but she is clearly not depressed or ill, we just never question things that happen to us by pressure or force. 

Not having kids should be as normal as having them 

just like not marrying should be treated as normal as marrying

daanike veellu mental illness meeda point cheste iga em cheyalem

2 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Not having kids should be as normal as having them 

just like not marrying should be treated as normal as marrying

daanike veellu mental illness meeda point cheste iga em cheyalem

True; andaru chesetivi manam cheyakapoina or evaru cheyanavi manam chesina/adigina, manalo edho problem undi anukuntaru although we are perfectly alright.. that’s common .. I am under pressure too beccoz of this thinking .. the only thing that is making me not to talk back on this is, I don’t want to hurt my parents. 

It is very very painful for someone close like parents decide that wedding/kids place me at a respectable position than my career. I clearly spoke to my dad about my future plans and need some time but he said no we must follow like everyone else or else we cannot be comfortable. When can someone step up and questions these norms?? I appreciate pilli (again I don’t completely defend in kids matter- as it’s my personal choice to have kids) atleast raising a doubt that no body Would even think about and blindly follow what others tell them while being educated. 😶

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:54 PM, Catalpha said:

So, the reason people have kids is because people are not enjoying or making memories without kids? 

Some people like Jeeps, that doesn't mean people without Jeeps are not happy with the different cars they have.

People find happiness in wide variety of things. The issue is when you question why others are having fun by doing different things. Some like kids, some don't. Ppl with kids should stop asking ppl without kids to have kids. And it's the same other way around. 

11 minutes ago, BeautyQueen said:

True; andaru chesetivi manam cheyakapoina or evaru cheyanavi manam chesina/adigina, manalo edho problem undi anukuntaru although we are perfectly alright.. that’s common .. I am under pressure too beccoz of this thinking .. the only thing that is making me not to talk back on this is, I don’t want to hurt my parents. 

It is very very painful for someone close like parents decide that wedding/kids place me at a respectable position than my career. I clearly spoke to my dad about my future plans and need some time but he said no we must follow like everyone else or else we cannot be comfortable. When can someone step up and questions these norms?? I appreciate pilli (again I don’t completely defend in kids matter- as it’s my personal choice to have kids) atleast raising a doubt that no body Would even think about and blindly follow what others tell them while being educated. 😶

nvF.gif

Join hippie movement bamma

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Silverado said:

Or bajrang dal if u drive bike like this

women outreach aa. lol.

baaga kastapadutunnav ga to give these casteist murderous maniacs some semblance of respect in this db.. choosa Gandhi thread.

if you read actual history, Gandhi is a show-boater who was cnostantly losing popularity, Congress is a brahmin-bania party that was largely the reason why India was partitioned, particularly Nehru as the power hungry culprit, Congress in fact created riots to force the issue in bengal, punjab and assam way before Independence. and HIndu mahasabha was a bunch of brainless murdering psycopath party. Godse thought like a fcuking high school student and his manifesto is utter crap.

There's no 'truth'' to know there, other than that no one comes across as a hero in India's modern history. least of all, not the RSS, Hindu mahasabha morons.

1 hour ago, BeautyQueen said:

If he/she doesn’t want kids just because of reasons like they cry in the night and disturb your sleep, what should you diagnose such a person

Even after so many sane replies in this , the said person is expecting some validation of similar opinions or she(if) might have had a baby already and suffering from post partum psychosis or depression 

I would simply send her for counselling if she is so much disturbed with such thinking

Let her not have kids 

Many people doesn’t want to have kids and few people with mental Health issues purposefully avoid having kids 

1 hour ago, BeautyQueen said:

hmmm....enduku alaa anukuntaaru ani nee feeling?

do you realize that pilli didn't start the thread because someone was forcing pilli to toe the line? I specifically asked pilli if that was what was bothering him.

see social consensus decides particular acts as good/decent/bad. Some of them become law, others remain as just as markers of social standing within the society.

but these markers are not enforced based on the consensus. for eg. killing is bad, obviously. but today a person who was responsible for 2000+ murders in gujarat is so respected in a shitty country, that they would volunteer to do foolish things and put them on social media as a mark of pride, just because he came  on TV, and asked them to.

so here society has decided that power trumped its own consensus, and the act of presiding over murders became acceptable, and even something to flaunt. so these markers are now enforced based on how much muscle you can flex, and how useful you are to others. simple.

There's no right and wrong. and the society doesn't care about the rules/norms it creates for itself. The ones who want you to fall in line will stop once they realize tht you now know that santa doesn't exist (to use an expression :) )

------------

food for thought - why is Elon Musk making babies faster than he's making Tesla cars, when his whole motif was about green clean planet. hehe...  

fcuk society, BQ. Pilli doesnt fcuk society enough. Pilli wants recognition. thats where the society gets you by the throat, and if you wanna escape that grip, you have to intimidate society to not mess with you. Pilli does that by buring itself in experiments or something. Find your mojo.

or be like me. Fcuk society. Its not easy, but not impossible.

13 minutes ago, kr123 said:

If he/she doesn’t want kids just because of reasons like they cry in the night and disturb your sleep, what should you diagnose such a person

Even after so many sane replies in this , the said person is expecting some validation of similar opinions or she(if) might have had a baby already and suffering from post partum psychosis or depression 

I would simply send her for counselling if she is so much disturbed with such thinking

Let her not have kids 

Many people doesn’t want to have kids and few people with mental Health issues purposefully avoid having kids 

haha.. show me sane replies in this thread first.