Smart phone addiction: Did anyone successfully switch to a dumb phone?

Help_please

Ee madhya smart phone lo time waste cheyadam ekkuvaindi...Did anyone switch to a dumb phone successfully? ATT NumberSync feature(multiple phones with same number) seems like a good option but it only supports smart phones :(

I tried but I cant... but the only best thing I could do so far is sometimes I leave the phone in the living room when i go sleep in the bedroom... thats the best I could do so far.. needs to make it a habit everyday though

• Upvote 1

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

I tried but I cant... but the only best thing I could do so far is sometimes I leave the phone in the living room when i go sleep in the bedroom... thats the best I could do so far.. needs to make it a habit everyday though

good that you tried bro

I deleted all useless social media apps...whatsapp okkati parents calling kosam uncha...but that mobile browser is still pulling me back to mindless internet surfing 

I use apps for that digital wellbeing if using google phones or action dash if using other phones.I set time limit for each app and once completes it will block that app for the day

1 minute ago, Help_please said:

good that you tried bro

I deleted all useless social media apps...whatsapp okkati parents calling kosam uncha...but that mobile browser is still pulling me back to mindless internet surfing 

naku youtube okkati chalu.... madda gudisipodaniki inkem akkarle

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marsmangalodu said:

I use apps for that digital wellbeing if using google phones or action dash if using other phones.I set time limit for each app and once completes it will block that app for the day

tried all these bro...koddi rojula ki antha normal e malla... life lo valuable time ni waste chesthunna ane guilty feeling povatle...i'm thinking of switching permanently

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

naku youtube okkati chalu.... madda gudisipodaniki inkem akkarle

true bro...laptop lo aithe DF(distraction-free) youtube ane chrome extension undi...you can block recommendations, playlists,etc...only search bar okate kanipisthundi

3 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Lockdown valla Smart phone usage inka perigindi, can’t help it 

true...but lockdown aipothundi ga...things will be back to normal in a few months

Its okay bro it takes time to get used to it. If you don’t want to waste time on social media apps, its good to delete them .. I do the same. 

Surfing is hard to control at times.. What I do is, I keep my phone on ring mode keep it far away from the reach and stick with something constructive to do .. It works for me for the most part.. just give it a try..

2 minutes ago, Help_please said:

true bro...laptop lo aithe DF(distraction-free) youtube ane chrome extension undi...you can block recommendations, playlists,etc...only search bar okate kanipisthundi

Gp

Just now, BeautyQueen said:

Its okay bro it takes time to get used to it. If you don’t want to waste time on social media apps, its good to delete them .. I do the same. 

Surfing is hard to control at times.. What I do is, I keep my phone on ring mode keep it far away from the reach and stick with something constructive to do .. It works for me for the most part.. just give it a try..

yeah, social media apps already deleted bro...but mindless surfing still 

already studying part-time...but getting distracted 

1 minute ago, Help_please said:

yeah, social media apps already deleted bro...but mindless surfing still 

already studying part-time...but getting distracted 

I’m on the same boat but don’t keep ur phone next to u ..its hard to control .. I leave my phone on my bed and do my work at my study table.. I have no issues.. Give it a try.. stick with a book or lappy and focus on ur work ..

32 minutes ago, Help_please said:

Ee madhya smart phone lo time waste cheyadam ekkuvaindi...Did anyone switch to a dumb phone successfully? ATT NumberSync feature(multiple phones with same number) seems like a good option but it only supports smart phones :(

ya i did, switched to blackberry and used for 2years.. recent ga change chesina.. karab ayyindhi phone.. 

ప్రశాంత గా ఉండే.. only emails, whats app, calls and text anthe..maps ke kocham problem ayyindhi. 

10 minutes ago, BeautyQueen said:

I’m on the same boat but don’t keep ur phone next to u ..its hard to control .. I leave my phone on my bed and do my work at my study table.. I have no issues.. Give it a try.. stick with a book or lappy and focus on ur work ..

i can put it aside for sometime bro...but whenever i get a phone call i'll go back to it ade problem...i even hid the browser on iphone but I go back and unhide it