Endhuku QA ante chinna chupu

Pandubabu

I used to work as a Manual QA. In 2 years I switched to automation,  then I switched to  front end development role. 

Believe me manual QA and automation QA are it's own skill set.

As part of becoming better T- shaped engineers , we recently did an exercise .with a minimum knowledge transfer,  can automation engineers  write development code and can developers write automation code . The review to be done by COE team.

Automation engineers successfully created a section in UI and integrated it with service as well. While developers were not even able to write a working automation program.

I sometimes look into automation PRs. Believe me they are as smart as dev PRs.

Couple of MS grads joined as developers and in the beginning they used to make same kind of comments like "just testing" in stand up calls.Now they are behind these automation folks if they have any issues with git, npm and all as they cant ask developers about these stuff.

I dont blame them . It is pure ignorance just like some people here in DB.

A developer can never think of tests a manual tester thinks.Automation engineer does not just work on a tool . He writes programs in java. typescript and java script .This is not 2010s when I joined where mostly automation used to be record and playback in some companies. Now a days the number of lines of automation code for a given application is as much as the number of lines of manual code.

1 minute ago, maramanishi99 said:

What is T shaped engineers?? 

Simple ga aithe andhariki anni skills undali ani . Google for more bhayya. Koncham pedha topic

Real QA is usually meant for end-end testing simulating real possible customer configurations and various fault conditions, scale etc... as it is not possible in developer environment.

Automation is there everywhere now. It is not specific to testing teams only. Developers are responsible for automating their unit tests and also any tests that are run as part of continuous integration.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jilchika said:

Real QA is usually meant for end-end testing simulating real possible customer configurations and various fault conditions, scale etc... as it is not possible in developer environment.

Automation is there everywhere now. It is not specific to testing teams only. Developers are responsible for automating their unit tests and also any tests that are run as part of continuous integration.

Exactly, na projects we follow the same. 

2 hours ago, Pandubabu said:

I used to work as a Manual QA. In 2 years I switched to automation,  then I switched to  front end development role. 

Believe me manual QA and automation QA are it's own skill set.

As part of becoming better T- shaped engineers , we recently did an exercise .with a minimum knowledge transfer,  can automation engineers  write development code and can developers write automation code . The review to be done by COE team.

Automation engineers successfully created a section in UI and integrated it with service as well. While developers were not even able to write a working automation program.

I sometimes look into automation PRs. Believe me they are as smart as dev PRs.

Couple of MS grads joined as developers and in the beginning they used to make same kind of comments like "just testing" in stand up calls.Now they are behind these automation folks if they have any issues with git, npm and all as they cant ask developers about these stuff.

I dont blame them . It is pure ignorance just like some people here in DB.

A developer can never think of tests a manual tester thinks.Automation engineer does not just work on a tool . He writes programs in java. typescript and java script .This is not 2010s when I joined where mostly automation used to be record and playback in some companies. Now a days the number of lines of automation code for a given application is as much as the number of lines of manual code.

ameerpet dvelopers emo le....