Brahmin boy forced to drink urine allegedly commits suicide

Paidithalli

1 hour ago, RSUCHOU said:

That exactly is the point. In TN, because of C Rajagopalachari lobby, Periyar raise a Anti-Brahmin slogan and because he wanted Congress to go out, the anti-hindi slogan. It became a blasphemy to be a brahmin in the erstwhile TN. That drove hordes of TN Brahmins out of TN. You would see a lot of migrants that are TN Brahmins in Mumbai, Jharkand, WB and all the major industrial towns and railway towns. 

I don't know who TS is and if he is a Tambram playing victim or not. Regarding the beef with NTR, it is because of his unilateral decision to abolish Karanikam which put close to 35K brahmins out of their village land officer roles. This has inversely hurt AP because, he did not appoint sufficient officials to take over the records. If you go to villages, most of them have inconsistent records because of that. While it is said that he has done it in spite, I have never come across documented evidence that says because it was spite that made NTR act that way. He always gave good postings to Brahmin IAS officers in his government. Ex. Mohan Kanda, PVRK Prasad etc.

Brahmins, as I see were never entrepreneurs and were not risk takers by nature. They were educationalists or landlords that never had to get into the business side of things. So, when the records were lost and the costs of education mounted, they slowly sold off their lands to sustain and eventually remained poor. One good thing that helped a lot of them was education and their subservient nature that let them shine in the post globalization world. TN brahmins on the other hand, who faced a lot of negativism in the state, shone well in adversity. They became risk takers and hence you would see a lot of industrialists in TN that are from the community.

What I see is a community that is content in itself and never getting into skirmishes with anyone. May be as a country we need them to fulfill their duties.

Coming to the traditional past, several of the Brahmin leaders were most progressive. They have taken corrective actions for Hinduism as well as Brahmanism. Savarkar fought against castes as opposed to Gandhi who supported caste. Raja Ram mohan roy fought against Sati, Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu fought for widow/women rights, against untouchability. It is kind of ironic to see them get labelled as people who oppressed. Even Ambedkar who is held in high regard for being a dalit, grew up in his Brahmin teacher's (Krishna Keshav Ambedkar) and took his surname. He was from Mahar community and his given name was Bhim Rao Sakpal, if my memory serves me right. So, the community that fought against untouchability the most is slowly becoming untouchables themselves. Nothing to play a victim card about. They need to fight and become risk takers and entrepreneurial to become relevant in these times.

Brahman as defined by the vedas was one, who leaves running behind material things and be the torchbearer for the society and be a moral compass. So, it might actually come from there. Even today the so called thread ceremony of the brahmins starts with seeking alms to denote who they are. They are eternal seekers of the one truth. Satyanveshi. He is to take care of his material needs by seeking out alms and doing his duty towards the society. Not that many of the current day Brahmins go down that path. 

In this conversation, or some other on the db, I read a question where someone was asking, can a non brahmin by birth be admitted to a veda pathasala. The answer is yes. Even the veda pathasala in Tirumala has such intakes. Some of them are also serving as priests in TTD run temples. 

Well this post is running everywhere. I guess, it's better I stop here. :)

Konni alliances when funny ga untaye 

Swantantra party , dmk alliance in 1967 together with communist parties .  Power crisis untey basic roots / beliefs irrelevant 

Latest  tdp - congress alliance , Siva Sena -congress- ncp 

government service teachers were  not in favour as majority of teachers r from Brahmin community 

Just now, JaiTDP said:

No, adhi 72 language bro - Vedic languages nee level ki chaala yekkuva @3$%

ento mahanubavula matalu na lanti shudrulaki ardam kavu

1 hour ago, TrollBait said:

I thought you wanted a 'meaningful' conversation, but I haven't heard on what particular area you wish to have that 'conversation'..

all I see are silly taunts about castes, just because I said uppercastes fcuked India.

the 'uppercastes' that I use is castes that are in the General category in reservation. There are some oppressed castes that dont have obc reservation, but for the most cases, the General category people are 22% in India, and have access to 50% of seats. 

since you are so much about 'data'.. let me see you come up with what percentage of GC finally get those 50% seats.. 

GC is open for everyone. It is not open for uppercastes alone. The last time I read a report, the GC seats are occupied by 31% of the non category students competing for GC seats. This was a study done for NEET in TN. Going by that, about 15% OCs get seats of 100% seats. Much lesser than the OC representation in population. The moment you said 22% have access to 50% seats, you are not mentioning the 100% of population have access to those 50% seats, not just the 22%. But, that's a truth that doesn't support your argument. 

Let's say, all the 50% of those seats are occupied by the 22%, those are not being alloted by the virtue of belonging to a certain caste, they are fought for and efforts are put in to get to those. Now you would bring in the argument of privilege and the benefits that come out of it. Privilege is supposed to be countered with reservations. It is doing its bit. Do you know, not a single PG medical seat in 2018 went to a OC candidate in the first counseling. Not even the first ranker got a seat of his choice. Is that the discussion you wanted?

14 hours ago, Paidithalli said:

Assal okka media channel vadu kuda ee news publish cheyyaledhu ... dheenni paina video veyyaledhu ... atla untadhi ... 

ode oka Turak gadi ni emian ante media cover chesthadi.. so sad

1 hour ago, JaiTDP said:

No, adhi 72 language bro - Vedic languages nee level ki chaala yekkuva @3$%

1 hour ago, Hector8 said:

ento mahanubavula matalu na lanti shudrulaki ardam kavu

peaceful mantra for peaceful people