Tensions flare between Trump, military figures over handling of George Floyd unrest

Sucker

Tensions have exploded in recent days between President Trump and a batch of current and former military officials who are critical – to varying degrees – of how he's handled the unrest in the wake of George Floyd's death in the custody of the Minneapolis Police Department.

The officials, including Trump's current Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, his former Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and several others, have either implicitly broken with Trump in statements on policy or explicitly denounced his leadership — and Trump has fired back.

"Probably the only thing Barack Obama & I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General," Trump said in a pair of tweets Wednesday night. "I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about it. His nickname was 'Chaos', which I didn’t like, & changed to 'Mad Dog.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-military-tensions-george-floyd

1 hour ago, mirchi_bajji said:

everyone has an opinion. i dont see anything wrong to use military to contain the rioters and looters. 

this is not a third world like us where we call Army lo galli riots which should be handled by police/raf

armys jobs is to protect from external threat, remember they can only be at one place at a time

read about why people do not like mlitary use within country, national guards are meant for this task

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act