Desi gallu spelling bee

NaChavNenuChasta

3 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

Example of parents over involvement and false projection of projects so that kids get good admits. 

https://such.forumotion.com/t13224-genius-invention-or-handiwork-of-ambitious-parents

ha ha I remembered one of my science projects ; golden quadrilateral project lol @3$% we used a toy train and covered up the engine part and claimed in the science fair as we made the train from scratch by using a tape recorder motor to create train engine. 

1 minute ago, Michaelbarbosa said:

ha ha I remembered one of my science projects ; golden quadrilateral project lol @3$% we used a toy train and covered up the engine part and claimed in the science fair as we made the train from scratch by using a tape recorder motor to create train engine. 

Lol. Nailed it brotha.

4 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

Example of parents over involvement and false projection of projects so that kids get good admits. 

https://such.forumotion.com/t13224-genius-invention-or-handiwork-of-ambitious-parents

atleast that girl wont  end up in gutter..  adhi peragaka edho thana kalla medha bathukuthundhi due to her parents ... edho oka paniki vachey pani chepsthundhi grownup ayyaka ...  science fair lo participate chesava india lo engineering ... who will suport you at that age... nakaiathay teachers used to give me neccesary suggestions and support tharvtha ma anna help chesey vadu .... parents ki antah interest ledhu na education chusukuney antha ....

1 minute ago, argadorn said:

atleast that girl wont  end up in gutter..  adhi peragaka edho thana kalla medha bathukuthundhi due to her parents ... edho oka paniki vachey pani chepsthundhi grownup ayyaka ...  science fair lo participate chesava india lo engineering ... who will suport you at that age... nakaiathay teachers used to give me neccesary suggestions and support tharvtha ma anna help chesey vadu .... parents ki antah interest ledhu na education chusukuney antha ....

Did you see the entries the year Eesha Khare won Intel Science Fair award? There were serious projects done by other kids too which deserved the prize.

I would be fine if they guided her, however its very wrong of her parents to project their work as their kids and make her win Intel science fair award.

1 hour ago, LadiesTailor said:

Most of the Indians (telugus) are first generation of immigrants and all they know is how they made it to America... obvious ga education helped everyone to get here.... so evvadiki telisina Vidya valla kids ki nerputharu... manaki vachindi chaduvu kabatti kids ni educate cheddam ane thinking first vuntundi...

mexican kids construction business loki ela mould avutharo mana kids kooda anthe...

it may take one or two generations to Indian immigrant kids to span across another fields for now we are in transformation... 

spelling bee provides school scholarships and make kids profile strong to get an admission into Ivy League schools... nothing wrong trying but forcing them would be a mistake 

I know few parents (non-Indian) they are happy to live in Indian communities so their kids will do good in schools...

Why ABCD’s are only aiming to IVYleauge schools in US. Why they are not looking to take admissions in Europe or some developed nations around the world. Studying in a different country gives a person different view to the world kada. I went to Austria/Germany right after my bachelors for masters there before coming to US and I feel I have a different perspective and life/world  view compared to my peer who have done masters in US. having exposed to different cultures and getting out of comfort zone gives a lot more knowledge than those ivy schools I believe.

20 minutes ago, falconspyder said:

Did you see the entries the year Eesha Khare won Intel Science Fair award? There were serious projects done by other kids too which deserved the prize.

I would be fine if they guided her, however its very wrong of her parents to project their work as their kids and make her win Intel science fair award.

tappu oppu lu vella nunchey manamu nerchukovali ... 200 years british rule chesindhi india ni evaru eppati varaku memmu tappu chesamu ani  ekada cheppaledhu ... eduge vadu elago edhuguthadu ... science fair kakuntay enkoti edhokati vastahdhi obstacles... fairness ledhu emi ledhu .... fairness theskunaty prathi dantlo fairness chuskovali ... rich prtahi year 3 months vacation ki velthadu poor emi thinadu ...arey 3 months vacaation badhulu poor ki money evachu ga ani manamu anukuntamu fairness kosam kani manamu ala 3 months enjoy chesey antha money levu ani oppukomu ... so fairness anedhi e world lo ekada ledhu .... 

8 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Why ABCD’s are only aiming to IVYleauge schools in US. Why they are not looking to take admissions in Europe or some developed nations around the world. Studying in a different country gives a person different view to the world kada. I went to Austria/Germany right after my bachelors for masters there before coming to US and I feel I have a different perspective and life/world  view compared to my peer who have done masters in US. having exposed to different cultures and getting out of comfort zone gives a lot more knowledge than those ivy schools I believe.

Simple bro... India lo vunte IIT or IIM target chestaru and US lo vunte Ivy League... 

dude we came out of comfort zone and studying or working in foreign countries...it takes time for this generation parents to send them to other countries... parents are learning and experiencing school system from KG... ikkada colleges anne ayyaka world lo colleges explore chestaru... 

atleast we should be happy that our indian ancestory una kids are studying something and ending up in some colleges and white collar jobs... other counrties nunhi vachina vallu adhi kuda cheyalekapothunaru endhukanaty valla kids gali ki vadilestahru so chadhuve vadu chadhuvuthadu ledantay drugs ki alavatu padutharu atleast these people are doing good compared to other kids ...

17 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Because you came here from India, via the route of education. So for you it wouldn't have made so much difference between coming here or going to Europe. As for the kids that grow up here, they would obviously get better career prospects if their degrees were local compared to them having degrees from Europe. They still do what you mentioned by doing study abroad programs etc however you can't blame them for preferring something which they are used to vs something they have no idea about. 

5 hours ago, emitlu said:

Valla naranarallo batti kotte talent undi....valla parents kuda 1st bench candidates iyuntaru

Ikkadiki mostly last bench candidates raaru kada.. 20 backlogs unte f1 mostly raadu. Decent job thechchukovalanna kastame so direct H1 meeda kooda doubte. 

4 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Ikkadiki mostly last bench candidates raaru kada.. 20 backlogs unte f1 mostly raadu. Decent job thechchukovalanna kastame so direct H1 meeda kooda doubte. 

last bench ante backlogs undala.....

fulltoo chill life chustu appudu appudu chadivite kuda pass avochu tokkalo engg...

Outside life is much challenging than bloddy Exams life...

Daily intlo crct ga pani chese Mom's having more challenging tasks than Reading books just to vomit in the exam paper instead of implementing that knowledge in real life.

28 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

because you couldn't secure visa ?? 

I have had admission from a Australian university just had to apply study permit and saw all my frnds clearing GRE and applying for US; I moved to US , I have frnds in canada became citizens even before I could secure H1B visa. 

definitely traveling changes your perception. but here in US we are in cocoon of being surrounded with desis how can you develop skills to be part of the society when you are surrounded by desis. 

In other countries you are forced to hangout with locals, try local food, learn local language per say in germany- german and in netherlands- dutch coz not many desis to hang out to start with. 

37 minutes ago, emitlu said:

last bench ante backlogs undala.....

fulltoo chill life chustu appudu appudu chadivite kuda pass avochu tokkalo engg...

Outside life is much challenging than bloddy Exams life...

Daily intlo crct ga pani chese Mom's having more challenging tasks than Reading books just to vomit in the exam paper instead of implementing that knowledge in real life.

1st bench ante batti candidates ye kaadu ga idhi alane and my point was that people who have come here have spent some amount of effort into his/her education - for some it is easy for others it is difficult.

Overall ga I agree that the parents are only teaching what they know. Vallu ela life lead chesaro alane valla kids ni raise chestharu. They wouldn’t know any other way. Even if they know, they will revert back to old ways after experimenting for a little while.

If the kid enjoys it and make a name for themselves what is wrong. Edo TV show lo desi pillalu unnaru ani pichi vaagudu kaaka pote - why dont you take a moment and cherish their achievement and that you share a similar background with them. 

If the kid knows nothing but academics so be it. Did he/she come in to your way?

Gattiga 3 miles nadavaleni vaadu kooda vere vaadi sports ability gurunchi vaagadame.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, phatposts said:

If the kid enjoys it and make a name for themselves what is wrong. Edo TV show lo desi pillalu unnaru ani pichi vaagudu kaaka pote - why dont you take a moment and cherish their achievement and that you share a similar background with them. 

If the kid knows nothing but academics so be it. Did he/she come in to your way?

Gattiga 3 miles nadavaleni vaadu kooda vere vaadi sports ability gurunchi vaagadame.

Well said