California reports more than 7,000 coronavirus cases, biggest daily jump so far

Spartan

California reported an additional 7,149 Covid-19 cases since Tuesday, a 69% increase in two days, bringing the state's total to 190,222 cases, according to the state's health department. The previous highest day jump was reported on Tuesday when the state recorded 5,019 additional new cases.

California is one of 30 states where case numbers are growing by 5% or more based on a seven-day average, a CNBC analysis of data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. The state's seven-day average of new Covid-19 cases increased nearly 46% compared with a week ago, according to Hopkins data. 

While the daily case numbers are growing, Gov. Gavin Newsom said that the state performed a record number of tests, nearly 96,000 in the last 24 hours, he said. The percent of tests coming back positive has slightly increased in the last two weeks, sitting at 5.1% on a 14-day average, he said. 

Research shows that it can take anywhere from five to 12 days for people to show symptoms from the coronavirus, which could delay reporting.

"I want to remind people that we are still in the first wave of this pandemic," Newsom said at a press briefing. "I want to remind each and every one of you of the importance and potency and power of your individual decision making." 

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

Most of the cases are being reported from the places where there were BLM protests

chala varaku cases LA area lo ne vunayi

yes.

1 minute ago, Picheshwar said:

aa LA & Riveside Counties punyama ani record kottudu.

mari anthala emi jarugutundi akkada??

#BLM

Just now, Picheshwar said:

Bay Area lo jaragdam leda?

restricted to Oakland...akkada kuda stop aipoindi..

Bay Area lo only Online lolli untadi

Northern CA lo spread seems to have contained but ie present spike in cases chala varaku SoCal lo ne...

Since memorial day weekend, Bay Area la kuda baaga activity increase ayindi...beaches, holiday etc..

So, I am guessing next week Bay Area numbers bagane increase ayitayi...

12 minutes ago, Sucker said:

@r2d2 CA red state yeppudaindi ?

Only cases... not many deaths.. blame it on the greatest ever testing machine I have built ani Thaatha cheppaadu.. don’t worry be happy.. just keep chanting MAGA MAGA.. 😜