What's your biggest career regret?

Catalpha

A lot of us think what we could have done differently, so our lives would have been different. I am sure we thought of it at some point. For instance, I couldn't get funding to do an internship in college, and I sometimes wonder how life would have been, if I could have done that internship. 

How about you?

• Upvote 2

Not cementing my position in R&D in Microsoft...

was blown away by the IT... the time they get to enjoy.. with so little work to do.... eventually I moved on from Microsoft..

but I regret not doing enough to stay on in the R&D in Microsoft.. the core team.. which is doing wonders now...

End of the day... public will only see the end result.. and the money made from a product...  probably the team i was associated with hasn't reached that yet... but I am sure... once they are ready with the product.. it will blow away the competitors... 2022.... it will be Microsoft year... mark my words....

• Upvote 1

1)starting career with desi MNC and not product companies

2)Underestimating the importance of programming and not being a developer (this is by far my biggest regret)

3)Not thinking forward like 10 years from then and working on that tech 

But I soon rectified all 3 mistakes(after few years though) and now

1)I am in a product organization ,

2)Heavy on python for AWS,Azure, Data Science Machine Learning and

3)Working side gigs on IOT and Cryptos. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, kathanayaka said:

1)starting career with desi MNC and not product companies

2)Underestimating the importance of programming and not being a developer (this is by far my biggest regret)

3)Not thinking forward like 10 years from then and working on that tech 

But I soon rectified all 3 mistakes(after few years though) and now

1)I am in a product organization ,

2)Heavy on python for AWS,Azure, Data Science Machine Learning and

3)Working side gigs on IOT and Cryptos. 

Good post

I thought of applying for masters in ETH Zurich, switzerland but no one interested and listened. It could have been useful than us masters.

Also i could have settled in india after masters.

1) Didnt join startup at initial of my career

2) Had a chance to do Hadoop job long back( we only had few developers all over US). I definitely would have a better life if i joined that job or technology.

2 hours ago, Catalpha said:

A lot of us think what we could have done differently, so our lives would have been different. I am sure we thought of it at some point. For instance, I couldn't get funding to do an internship in college, and I sometimes wonder how life would have been, if I could have done that internship. 

How about you?

Skip

I should have focused more on programming at an early age I would say around 19-20 years during my college days.. took lite and now understanding how important basic foundation is. Learning and improving now😇

Not working for Appi reddy anna and his Microinfo company, missed that beer biriyani experience

Not working alongside Kumar Uncle, and hearing his edupu on everything related to H1Bs and Indian immigrants in person.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, odhu_le_macha said:

9 to 5 rat race lo nenu kuda trap ayya....ade pedda career regret . Vyavasaayam cheskunte happy ga unde vadini

😂