Darren Sammy says bouncer rule was introduced to restrict success of West Indies bowlers

Sucker

1 minute ago, chittimallu_14 said:

I dont know when they were changed but most of these changes against the bowlers happened only to suit batsmen and attract more viewers... like free hits, one bouncer per over, T20, etc

I dont know if Ambrose was called monkey, so what about it now? He played 20 years ago and might have been called so. He might speak for huge portion of WI but it wont change, maybe it could go to lesser frequency but you cant control 100% of the fans and these incidents will keep happening. Just punish the ones who said that wherever possible and move on 

He didn't ask for anyone or anything to change no? 

He's just puttin forth a pov. He has obviously moved on. Why should others be offended for voicing his opinion?

Just now, TrollBait said:

He didn't ask for anyone or anything to change no? 

He's just puttin forth a pov. He has obviously moved on. Why should others be offended for voicing his opinion?

not offended... just calling his pov is nothing but riding the wave... 

how is "kallu" racist? a lot of Indians with dark skin get called that? thats not a racist term. So isnt motu, chotu, lambu or taklu... 

as long as he didnt get kicked out of the team or not given a fair chance, its not racism because someone called him kallu ... especially because its part of our culture... just like how they themselves call N word each other

It's absolutely racist. A lot of Indians who call ther friends kallu should ask their friend if he enjoys it. Same with motu choti whatever.

I didn't enjoy being called 'kulla' (short). 

They call themselves nigggy with a sense of irony. Those who call me kulla are not short. Lol.

Kallu is def racist and the players who used it should avoid it. No one is asking them to be punished. Just avoid it. That hard aa?

16 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

Weren't wi steamrolling everyone they met? 

are you telling me that changing the bouncer rule alone made WI the two time world champion to an almost irrelevant team in cricket?

The truth is WI is poor just like zimbabwe and kenya... also for the fact that more Caribbean kids are willing to play baseball and make a lot more money in the states over cricket also led to their downfall. 

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

are you telling me that changing the bouncer rule alone made WI the two time world champion to an almost irrelevant team in cricket?

The truth is WI is poor just like zimbabwe and kenya... also for the fact that more Caribbean kids are willing to play baseball and make a lot more money in the states over cricket also led to their downfall. 

No. It doesn't mean that what Sammy said cannot possibly be true.

You seem so sure that it was done to make.it easy for batsmen but you couldn't say which date it was introduced.

It's absolutely racist. A lot of Indians who call ther friends kallu should ask their friend if he enjoys it. Same with motu choti whatever.

I didn't enjoy being called 'kulla' (short). 

They call themselves nigggy with a sense of irony. Those who call me kulla are not short. Lol.

Kallu is def racist and the players who used it should avoid it. No one is asking them to be punished. Just avoid it. That hard aa?

they dont have to enjoy it.. .as long as they are not offended no one cares... 

its BS that he learnt the meaning and context of the word just now but not in the past 5-6 years... ridiculous to even think anyone would believe that. He should have asked his teammates to not call him that back then instead of crying in twitter... that hard aa?

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

its BS that he learnt the meaning and context of the word just now but not in the past 5-6 years... ridiculous to even think anyone would believe that. He should have asked his teammates to not call him that back then instead of crying in twitter... that hard aa?

Haha.. no one cares aa? I care. I asked my friends to stop calling me that and they did.

And we are talkin of a professional sport here not gully cricket. Ofcourse it is his right to ask for respectable work environment.

No. It doesn't mean that what Sammy said cannot possibly be true.

You seem so sure that it was done to make.it easy for batsmen but you couldn't say which date it was introduced.

it doesnt matter when was it introduced... because it was to help the batsmen. a

As per wiki, it was briefly introduced in 1991 and changed back to two bouncers in 1994... the rule went full fledged into action since 2001 when WI are not even the best bowling team anymore so whats your point? Why does the ICC have to bring the rule again in 2001 when WI is not even considered one of the top 3 greatest teams?

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

Haha.. no one cares aa? I care. I asked my friends to stop calling me that and they did.

And we are talkin of a professional sport here not gully cricket. Ofcourse it is his right to ask for respectable work environment.

nenu cheppindi adhe... as long as no one is offended no one cares.. .obviously you were offended you should have talked to your friends or changed your friends... simple

he can ask,  and he should have... back then, not now annadi point

3 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

One of his teammates must have called him out on that if they were blameless. Haha

You seem very reluctant to admit that indians use kallu as a derogatory term. If it's derogatory among friends, then in work places it should be avoided. Simple

it doesnt matter when was it introduced... because it was to help the batsmen. a

As per wiki, it was briefly introduced in 1991 and changed back to two bouncers in 1994... the rule went full fledged into action since 2001 when WI are not even the best bowling team anymore so whats your point? Why does the ICC have to bring the rule again in 2001 when WI is not even considered one of the top 3 greatest teams?

I already made.my point. Sammy is free to say wha he wants.

And you judgin him for being a faker because he didn't meet your standards for reportin workplace harasment is silly

nenu cheppindi adhe... as long as no one is offended no one cares.. .obviously you were offended you should have talked to your friends or changed your friends... simple

he can ask,  and he should have... back then, not now annadi point

His friends (colleagues actually) lied to him abou what that word is. That is plain unprofessional behaviour apart from being racist

3 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

One of his teammates must have called him out on that if they were blameless. Haha

You seem very reluctant to admit that indians use kallu as a derogatory term. If it's derogatory among friends, then in work places it should be avoided. Simple

it depends on context... as long as its among a group of friends thats not derogratory... I cant go out randomly on a road and start calling strangers as kallu or motu... I know the difference and I dont act like I dont know that, which is what you are doing

2 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

I already made.my point. Sammy is free to say wha he wants.

And you judgin him for being a faker because he didn't meet your standards for reportin workplace harasment is silly

I didnt call him faker.. Im saying he is just using the situation and trying to be relevant anthe. 

workplace harrasment is BS in this case. Lets see if there is any evidence that he was really discriminated in the team by not giving him equal anything because he was a "kallu"

1 minute ago, TrollBait said:

His friends (colleagues actually) lied to him abou what that word is. That is plain unprofessional behaviour apart from being racist

sure, all of a sudden he know the meaning of it just yesterday