Darren Sammy says bouncer rule was introduced to restrict success of West Indies bowlers

Sucker

17 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

wtf do you mean by 'just like in the US'? so there's discrimination only if people who are black are killed in India like in US na? emanna na.. Cant you think any of other ways people are held back for being dark in India? yeah yeah caste, class is important in India... and so is color too. Even if all Indians are various shades of brown, the shades do matter. Did you grow in a protectred environment or never had to think about other human beings before today or what?

people use this word like kaallu are mostly not dark and they use it against people who are dark. so the nigga thing doesn't work.

they are all black. and have a shared history atleast with respect to the word naggi in the US.

even if it is culturally accepted to call one 'kallu' (its not.. its just that guys like you dont care if the person enjoyed being called kallu.. seriously entitled attitude really)., here we have an Indian calling anothre west Indian a 'kallu'.. its not between Indians.

You still didnt really give an example other than beat around the bush. I asked you a plain and simple Q. Do you have any evidences where colour is discriminated in India just like how people are discriminated based on caste? Unless you have something concrete, dont talk anymore. 

It doesnt matter, if its between same coloured people or not, as long as they think they own each other (as friends), it doesnt matter.  Even extremely fair people India are called ghora or thelloda amongst friends.. People of India and that IPL team (I dont know who he played for) treated Sammy as their own, their friend and their colleague. 

15 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

so what's your point? now you wanna police blacks calling themselves nigga because you can't justify that calling somone 'kallu' is okay?

dude, the world doesn't come crashing down if someone called me 'kulla' or someone called someone a 'kallu'..

but is it acceptable to do it inside a professional set up? you keep saying between friends its okay to call oneselves whatever.. even admitting your lame agument... is professional cricket the place to act like a bunch of bozos?

what's wrong with Sammy's statement? especially when he's further clarified that he's happy that some of his teammates reached out and explained the misunderstanding. It looks like he's made peace with the fact that his friends mocked him once, and convinced that they won't do it again.

you seem too insistent that Sammy waas wrong in pointing it out in the first thing.. and something about riding BLM.

unless you have a negative view of BLM, how does this argument compute? notwithstandig your personal taste for BLM, Sammy did right in exposing the happenings in IPL, and more INdian players will be careful next time.

Im not policing them... I told you 10 times in this thread already, Im only comparing cultures. In some cultures some words are not racist and kallu in India is one of them as long as its not directed towards strangers or even towards friends who take offense. 

I dont have any negative view of BLM, I havent posted anything wrong about that movement in this DB or elsewhere.  I felt Sammy is trying too hard to be in the limelight by blowing it out of proportion. 

16 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

okay I'm done. you think about what you are posting as an argument.

they are illogical, and come from a place of entitlement to your preferences.

you sound like  a white cricketer who is pissed that he got attacked for calling India 'nasty smelly and crowded'..

there's a thing called 'acting like a professional'. some Indian cricketers would do well to understand what it is

Huge difference between calling someone close to you as kallu in Indian culture versus calling an entire country as smelly crowded. Why are you clutching at the straws man? 

Is it culturally appropriate in your white cricketer example to call an entire country (be it India or something else) with some names? If yes, we can debate about it.

Also, Sammy came to India, not the other way. He has live with the culture here which is what Im talking about. people call their friends in different ways in different countries and kallu is one of the words in Indian friends groups and it doesnt mean any discrimination. I havent seen any discrimination towards any dark skinned guys amongst my friends groups starting from my childhood to engineering. There are atleast 2 of them in every group who are called karroda or dhobboda or pottoda.... but never looked down because of that antunna. Some of them might have not enjoyed it, I get it and at that point they should stop calling them so but that blatantly cant be labelled as racism. It is how our culture is, no one treats it as discrimination or racism.

In Mexican spanish, Maricon is the most commonly used word which loosely translates to gay, its acceptable amongst friends groups but they cant go around and call everyone that. Now are you saying thats being homophobic? 

basic concept of cricket is bowler should try to attack wickets& batsman should defend it. adi odilesi, when bowlers go for body/head of batsman.. how logical is it to allow that. 

chance dorikindi kada annintlo victim card play chestunnaru karrigallu 😀

3 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

basic concept of cricket is bowler should try to attack wickets& batsman should defend it. adi odilesi, when bowlers go for body/head of batsman.. how logical is it to allow that. 

Aipoyindi nee Pani aipoyindi. Vasthadu okadu pedha pedha essay raaskoni. Parugethu vuncle aa essay vache lopu. 

2 minutes ago, Sucker said:

Aipoyindi nee Pani aipoyindi. Vasthadu okadu pedha pedha essay raaskoni. Parugethu vuncle aa essay vache lopu. 

friends ni karrigadu ani goppaga pilichey yedhavala ki essays waste cheyyanu.

7 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

mari outswing ni ban cheddam aithey... slip fielders ni teeseddam. okay na..

indhulo victim card emundhi? he's actually proud that WI bowlers were a nightmare for batsmen. he's talking of those times where WI used to blast their opponents in no time.

10 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

bowler is forced to bowl at the wickets now. robbing them of a legitimate strategy of bouncing out batsmen.

I understand now how awesome my friends were... I was hardly 10 when I told couple of them point blank to not call me kulla.

they apologised immediately and never called me that again.

seems a lot of people in India think its okay to call someone whatever, and that person shouldn't complain because it is called out of love. sadly no one feels love when called karri. ask anyone who u called karri. you'd know. but you don't care.

I'm proud of my friends..and they were just 10yrs old then. and one of them is still a friend.

5 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

bowler is forced to bowl at the wickets now. robbing them of a legitimate strategy of bouncing out batsmen.

if batsman is allowed to hit bowler with bat instead of ball, than probably we should allow bowler to target batsman instead of wickets 😀

30 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

Huge difference between calling someone close to you as kallu in Indian culture versus calling an entire country as smelly crowded. Why are you clutching at the straws man? 

Is it culturally appropriate in your white cricketer example to call an entire country (be it India or something else) with some names? If yes, we can debate about it.

Also, Sammy came to India, not the other way. He has live with the culture here which is what Im talking about. people call their friends in different ways in different countries and kallu is one of the words in Indian friends groups and it doesnt mean any discrimination. I havent seen any discrimination towards any dark skinned guys amongst my friends groups starting from my childhood to engineering. There are atleast 2 of them in every group who are called karroda or dhobboda or pottoda.... but never looked down because of that antunna. Some of them might have not enjoyed it, I get it and at that point they should stop calling them so but that blatantly cant be labelled as racism. It is how our culture is, no one treats it as discrimination or racism.

In Mexican spanish, Maricon is the most commonly used word which loosely translates to gay, its acceptable amongst friends groups but they cant go around and call everyone that. Now are you saying thats being homophobic? 

wtf. alll you have to do is ask the friend you called 'karri' if he likes being called that. are you still calling your friend karroda, pottoda? lol dude. you reek of massive entitlement. completely deaf to other's needs.

if this is what is 'Indian culture', then its the lowest of the low.. its built around deifying fairness and mocking darkness. endho nuvvu chesey argument.

Sammy is in India as a professional. and has the right to demand a decent working environment.

Kallu, Karri is an insulting term in India. Sammy just wanted clarification about it, and he got it. you just used this excuse to call Sammy a victim monger.. whereas it seems you are fighting for the right to call someone 'kallu', 'potti' in your group.

unfortunately you don't make that choice. call a successful friend of your 'karroda' and see his reaction. lol. you'll only do that to someone you outrank socially. think. 

don't just blurt out words.

I don't know about mexico. who cares.

5 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

if batsman is allowed to hit bowler with bat instead of ball, than probably we should allow bowler to target batsman instead of wickets 😀

such a lame joke. bouncer is a legitimate weapon. WI terrorized batsmen aroun the world with it.

I remember reading that in the 70s, WI visiting England, and Boycott made the statement that they'll tame the westindies.. Now, WI took offence to it. You may wonder why. no point explaining to you.

but then they  sent half the english team with injuries. Boycott himself looked like a fcuking joke facing all those deliveries.

Sammy is takling about that kind of domination. He's proud that WI were able to change the face of cricket. Whether he's true about his claim that the rules were changed to stop WI or not, immaterial. It is true that the world feared WI in 70s and 80s.

6 minutes ago, TrollBait said:

wtf. alll you have to do is ask the friend you called 'karri' if he likes being called that. are you still calling your friend karroda, pottoda? lol dude. you reek of massive entitlement. completely deaf to other's needs.

if this is what is 'Indian culture', then its the lowest of the low.. its built around deifying fairness and mocking darkness. endho nuvvu chesey argument.

Sammy is in India as a professional. and has the right to demand a decent working environment.

Kallu, Karri is an insulting term in India. Sammy just wanted clarification about it, and he got it. you just used this excuse to call Sammy a victim monger.. whereas it seems you are fighting for the right to call someone 'kallu', 'potti' in your group.

unfortunately you don't make that choice. call a successful friend of your 'karroda' and see his reaction. lol. you'll only do that to someone you outrank socially. think. 

don't just blurt out words.

I don't know about mexico. who cares.

who said that is mocking darkness.. I also gave you examples of thellodu, pottodu, dhobbodu... but sure continue throwing them toys out  of the pram.

You dont have to care about mexico, I was just comparing cultures once again which you seem to grasp nothing of. 

Just now, chittimallu_14 said:

who said that is mocking darkness.. I also gave you examples of thellodu, pottodu, dhobbodu... but sure continue throwing them toys out  of the pram.

You dont have to care about mexico, I was just comparing cultures once again which you seem to grasp nothing of. 

you have no idea what culture is. I won't talk about cultures I don't know.

next time call your friend who makes twice what you make and lives in a bigger house, karroda pls. or pottoda...