How long I can stay outside of USA on H1B and working remotely?

InSearch

I currently have a valid H1B (I-797) till next year and I came to my home country India for a vacation and got the visa extension stamped as well. As I was ready to travel back to USA, the pandemic disrupted air travel and I had to stay back in India and my company allowed me to work remotely until I can travel back safely.

So, How long I can stay outside of USA and still work remotely?

Technically I am not bound by U.S. immigration laws as I am out of the country but that also mean I do not have any legal status to work for U.S. company.

mee viluvaina salahaalu cheppagalaru! 

As long as your company allows you to stay in India.

I know someone who worked from India for an year and half. He just had a Texas address for payroll. 

As long as your employer approved but after six months you will need to pay taxes in india . If the company is okay to process the tax , you can stay there 

47 minutes ago, InSearch said:

I currently have a valid H1B (I-797) till next year and I came to my home country India for a vacation and got the visa extension stamped as well. As I was ready to travel back to USA, the pandemic disrupted air travel and I had to stay back in India and my company allowed me to work remotely until I can travel back safely.

So, How long I can stay outside of USA and still work remotely?

Technically I am not bound by U.S. immigration laws as I am out of the country but that also mean I do not have any legal status to work for U.S. company.

mee viluvaina salahaalu cheppagalaru! 

ARE YOU Full time or consultancy chepu.

1 hour ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

As long as your employer approved but after six months you will need to pay taxes in india . If the company is okay to process the tax , you can stay there 

Pay taxes in India? could you please elaborate?

If the company is okay to process the tax , you can stay there ?
My employer in the U.S need to do any additional thing other than paying me salary?

I think you need to pay taxes in India if the case..

And I am not sure of any question at the time of extension and as you are not at the client country, so what is the requirement of this candidate ani ... Just my doubt ...

i think you can work from india only if they pay you directly in india. you can open an LLC in india and take the payments and deal with tax code yourself.

getting payroll here while in india does work if its for long term. 

ippudu flights start ayyay kada.. ample flights available now

no body can answer any immigration questions now.. this hasnt happened in the last 50 years.. 

usualga situation veru ippudu veru.. if u r worried travel back as soon as you can.. 

1 minute ago, Dyud said:

ippudu flights start ayyay kada.. ample flights available now

enjoy cheyyanivvu baa not safe ani happy ga india lo chillax avvani Dyud

Just now, tom bhayya said:

enjoy cheyyanivvu baa not safe ani happy ga india lo chillax avvani Dyud

em njoy baa.. ikkada job untundo oodutundo telidu india lo stuck aina vallaki.. day by day tension ee.. 

1 minute ago, Dyud said:

em njoy baa.. ikkada job untundo oodutundo telidu india lo stuck aina vallaki.. day by day tension ee.. 

aa tension vallaki undaali kadha baa, fte antunnadu koncham risk ey