Did anyone go through Interview kickstart's program?

HalfDesiGirl

A friend of mine wants to get in to big tech companies. Upon her request, I attended Interview kickstart's webinar organized by one of the co-founders. The program seemed legit until that co-founder was spreading misinformation that you can only attempt interviews at a big-N company only twice or thrice and if you fail, you cannot attempt again in your lifetime (which is completely False). 

She wants to join this program. Did anyone complete this program and get in to a big-N tech company?

5 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

A friend of mine wants to get in to big tech companies. Upon her request, I attended their webinar organized by one of the cofounders. The program seemed legit until that co-founder guy was spreading misinformation that you can only attempt interviews at a big-N company only twice or thrice and if you fail, you cannot attempt again in your lifetime (which is completely False). 

She wants to join this program. Did anyone complete this program and get in to a big-N tech company?

stop BS advices. open an editor and master the coding language you know.

opportunities will automatically come

many ppl mis guide budding people so that they are not a threat later.

3 minutes ago, kathanayaka said:

stop BS advices. open an editor and master the coding language you know.

opportunities will automatically come

many ppl mis guide budding people so that they are not a threat later.

I’m asking this for a friend who wants to join this program as she needs a structured approach. I already work for a big-N company.

These programs are all crap. You learn nothing there. Just take a book and do page by page.. question by question .. "elements of programmibg interviews"

do u know a better methodical structural approach than a well written book? 

1 hour ago, JavaBava said:

These programs are all crap. You learn nothing there. Just take a book and do page by page.. question by question .. "elements of programmibg interviews"

do u know a better methodical structural approach than a well written book? 

I did problems from EPI when I was interviewing and I received multiple offers. I already suggested it for her but she felt it was too advanced.

This is not for me. This is for a friend who doesn't have a CS background.

asunti programs anni waste...

only part where they can help is in networking and getting interviews...that too not guaranteed...

not getting call after failing 3 times is BS...

but there is a limit on how frequently u can apply...FAANG and some other companies block the candidates for 6 months after they failed on itnerview...and that too depend son why u failed to get the offer..

if it was about grade or salary level, HR himself will reccomend u to another group in same company if available...

so end of the day....from those webinars..what u can gain most is networking...

35 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

Anyone?

I was on the webinar too 

All i can see is their networking into big companies

I was called multiple times to get enrolled and I denied the offer saying I cant spend that much  time on daily basis

vade cheptunadu kada time spend cheyali, 6 months lo ravali ani, enduko doubt vachindi 

I gave onsite interview for Amazon recently and went through 2 months of interview prep. I also attended this interview kickstart webinar last week. Here's my impression

There's nothing new in their curriculum. They are going by common patterns in Algos and DS problems and System design. 

Its just like, when someone wants to loose weight, they can find lot of resources to exercise and diet on the internet. But the problem is implementing those, motivation. Some of them go for coaches/trainers for extra push. I felt this program is same thing. 

If ur friend is lacking motivation for interview prep and if she has 2 months of time and $5K to spend, it might help, but again you can get similar results if she can find a study group. But if she is just starting in Algos and DS, I would suggest to put aside atleast 6 months and start with leetcode easy and work her way up to medium. 

5 minutes ago, fargo said:

I gave onsite interview for Amazon recently and went through 2 months of interview prep. I also attended this interview kickstart webinar last week. Here's my impression

There's nothing new in their curriculum. They are going by common patterns in Algos and DS problems and System design. 

Its just like, when someone wants to loose weight, they can find lot of resources to exercise and diet on the internet. But the problem is implementing those, motivation. Some of them go for coaches/trainers for extra push. I felt this program is same thing. 

If ur friend is lacking motivation for interview prep and if she has 2 months of time and $5K to spend, it might help, but again you can get similar results if she can find a study group. But if she is just starting in Algos and DS, I would suggest to put aside atleast 6 months and start with leetcode easy and work her way up to medium. 

Onsite interviews during corona times?

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

asunti programs anni waste...

only part where they can help is in networking and getting interviews...that too not guaranteed...

not getting call after failing 3 times is BS...

but there is a limit on how frequently u can apply...FAANG and some other companies block the candidates for 6 months after they failed on itnerview...and that too depend son why u failed to get the offer..

if it was about grade or salary level, HR himself will reccomend u to another group in same company if available...

so end of the day....from those webinars..what u can gain most is networking...

I know that there is no hard limit. I personally know a few people who got in their 4th, 5th attempts. That's why i'm concerned. I told her I can get her referrals.

The problem is she doesn't have a CS background and I cannot hold her hands and teach her everything

2 hours ago, fargo said:

Since she comes from a non-CS background, it would take her more than 2 months IMO.

I even suggested her to take Data Structures and Algorithms, Operating Systems courses. But she wants to spend money on this one instead.

2 hours ago, Manikyam said:

I was on the webinar too 

All i can see is their networking into big companies

I was called multiple times to get enrolled and I denied the offer saying I cant spend that much  time on daily basis

vade cheptunadu kada time spend cheyali, 6 months lo ravali ani, enduko doubt vachindi 

You have to spend some time daily(IK or on your own) Otherwise you cannot expect offers.

9 minutes ago, HalfDesiGirl said:

You have to spend some time daily(IK or on your own) Otherwise you cannot expect offers.

true, and I am doing that. I didn't feel it is genuine by the way he is telling everything

also checked couple of reviews online and its a 50/50