Any body shot / capture milky way on camera or iphone....

yoda123

A tripod, long exposure app, place where there is not much light pollution - may be a state park near you or higher altitude places.

for eg:

Cherry Springs State Park

The sky at Cherry Springs State Park, the second International Dark Sky Park and the first in the eastern US, is so dark that the Milky Way casts a visible shadow. Cherry Springs State Park is an 82-acre (33 ha) Pennsylvania state park in Potter County, Pennsylvania, United States.

my wife's pixel 4 did take some cool milkyway photos.

tripod is a must even if its a small one.

find a very very very dark spot .

2 weeks back spokane nunchi venakki vasthuuuuu  night  highway pakkana aaginappudu teesina pic 

could have been much better if we found a dark spot to take pic

1 hour ago, sattipandu said:

2 weeks back spokane nunchi venakki vasthuuuuu  night  highway pakkana aaginappudu teesina pic 

pls post the pic if not personal...

Not on phone but on cam .. there is app which shows what time of the night Milky Way will be at peak when you enter coordinates and usually may June is good time to get full milkyway..

5 hours ago, Epic said:

A tripod, long exposure app, place where there is not much light pollution - may be a state park near you or higher altitude places.

for eg:

Cherry Springs State Park

The sky at Cherry Springs State Park, the second International Dark Sky Park and the first in the eastern US, is so dark that the Milky Way casts a visible shadow. Cherry Springs State Park is an 82-acre (33 ha) Pennsylvania state park in Potter County, Pennsylvania, United States.

oh ok.

can u plz post pic if not personal.

3 hours ago, macha said:

Not on phone but on cam .. there is app which shows what time of the night Milky Way will be at peak when you enter coordinates and usually may June is good time to get full milkyway..

can u plz post pic if not personal.

7 hours ago, sattipandu said:

I've read up on Astrophotography & followed some blogs too but it all seemed cumbersome & prohibitively expensive

although I admit the thrill must be worth the effort.

Australia has us beat in the dark skies department. 

I know there are live feeds online of others gazing the night sky with their setups, being livestreamed. 

I might tune into those.

1) find the darkest sky close to you with very low light pollution. You have to travel at least 100-200 miles out of metro areas 

https://darksitefinder.com/maps/world.html#4/39.00/-98.00

2) buy photo phills app $10 worth it. To track where Milky Way appears and at what time 

3) make sure you have no clouds On your shoot night and also it’s +/- 4 days to new moon (amavasya)

4) use SLR, phones are bokka, prefer wide angles

5) you will need an optional start tracker to get good quality pics, this might cost ~$300+ for good quality product (highly recommended it)

6) you have to take 5-10 pics and stack them to make 1 Milky Way pic to reduce noise