NBA games postponed

tom bhayya

44 minutes ago, Manikyam said:

NBA has clause in its contract for situations like this

Team make money on broadcasting and tickets

The pool of the money  teams can have is decided on it as part of revenue what NBA makes

I know their revenue depends on tickets and TV... thats not the point.

nenu adigedi.. where did you read ani... Where did you get the news that the players wont get the salary if they games get cancelled? Normally the contracts are all based on season but not per game. If the player gets injured then they will get paid whatever the "guaranteed minimum" is despite not playing a single game.

Also, in general players get paid for the training not for matches themselves... even the bench players get paid despite not playing a single minute...  Pay per game is a completely different clause and scenario and only old and close to retirement players are tied in those ways sometime. 

If you read somewhere that their salaries will be cancelled due to matches being cancelled, share the link I would like to read.

12 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

I know their revenue depends on tickets and TV... thats not the point.

nenu adigedi.. where did you read ani... Where did you get the news that the players wont get the salary if they games get cancelled? Normally the contracts are all based on season but not per game. If the player gets injured then they will get paid whatever the "guaranteed minimum" is despite not playing a single game.

Also, in general players get paid for the training not for matches themselves... even the bench players get paid despite not playing a single minute...  Pay per game is a completely different clause and scenario and only old and close to retirement players are tied in those ways sometime. 

If you read somewhere that their salaries will be cancelled due to matches being cancelled, share the link I would like to read.

The CBA stipulates that the compensation of all NBA roster players shall be reduced in the event of a “force majeure” event, such as an epidemic or government order, in accordance with a formula based on the number of games missed.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/04/17/nba-and-nbpa-reach-agreement-salary-during-pandemi

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Manikyam said:

The CBA stipulates that the compensation of all NBA roster players shall be reduced in the event of a “force majeure” event, such as an epidemic or government order, in accordance with a formula based on the number of games missed.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/04/17/nba-and-nbpa-reach-agreement-salary-during-pandemi

yeah this is a mutual agreement between players association and owners I suppose... nothing to do with the contract. If the players dont want to accept this they can always say NO and get the full money they are entitled to as per the contract Im assuming.. Or probably the way the contract is handled, they treat these unexpected circumstances differently and more than likely this is the case and hence the cuts... 

My point was the pay per play is not the contract for these players, barring the injury situations..

1 minute ago, chittimallu_14 said:

yeah this is a mutual agreement between players association and owners I suppose... nothing to do with the contract. If the players dont want to accept this they can always say NO and get the full money they are entitled to as per the contract Im assuming.. Or probably the way the contract is handled, they treat these unexpected circumstances differently and more than likely this is the case and hence the cuts... 

My point was the pay per play is not the contract for these players, barring the injury situations..

they get paid full even in injury 

this is part of CBA thats already existing, nothing new 

Just now, Manikyam said:

they get paid full even in injury 

this is part of CBA thats already existing, nothing new 

only the guaranteed minimum in case of injuries.. someone with a 10mill contract per year might have just a 4 mill guaranteed minimum, if they get injured and dont play they will get only 4 mill but not the entire 10mill... that all depends on player power and his agent's negotiation though

I didnt know about the “force majeure” event mentioned in the link you shared....