Interview prep for faang

Abhagyudu

Any one here faang interviews ki prepare avutunnara..any advice on how and where to start..leetcode chestunna kaani not able to solve much..any coaching or training institutes for algos and ds? 

17 hours ago, Abhagyudu said:

Any one here faang interviews ki prepare avutunnara..any advice on how and where to start..leetcode chestunna kaani not able to solve much..any coaching or training institutes for algos and ds? 

Initial ramp up time to understand algos is exponential.. but you will get better over a period of time. Nen last year interview ki prepare ainpaudu I hard time with algos but I recently started preparing for interviews again. Ippudu trees aithe easy anipisthunayi which wasnt the case last year. Practice.. practice .. practice. If you are looking for SDE2 .. there's more to learn besides Algo's. ATB!

Start with Elements of Programming. 

Then start with Leetcode. For Google Dynamic Programming is MUST. So focus on that too.

FB expects you to solve two questions. Majority of the questions are Leetcode copy paste.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Pichkaari said:

Initial ramp up time to understand algos is exponential.. but you will get better over a period of time. Nen last year interview ki prepare ainpaudu I hard time with algos but I recently started preparing for interviews again. Ippudu trees aithe easy anipisthunayi which wasnt the case last year. Practice.. practice .. practice. If you are looking for SDE2 .. there's more to learn besides Algo's. ATB!

Thanks . I will be preparing at least for one year.daily oka 2-3 hours spend chestunna epudu..entaku mundu gave some interviews without much preparation and was not confident..so this time plan is take it slow and seriously..

keep your focus away from interviews so that you are not pressured and genuinely prep with focus on understanding, then practice/solve questions.

https://algs4.cs.princeton.edu/home/ good one have free content.

study one topic like graphs, implement the standard algorithms, then focus on problems on same topic to learn how to reduce problems to applications of algorithms.

real interview questions are not always as hard as leetcode hard.

1 hour ago, Abhagyudu said:

Thanks . I will be preparing at least for one year.daily oka 2-3 hours spend chestunna epudu..entaku mundu gave some interviews without much preparation and was not confident..so this time plan is take it slow and seriously..

Its challenging to prepare for interviews if you are working and married. 1 year lo you might lose interest. Neek time and interest unnapude, spend most of the time in learning. Currently I'm spending 4hrs on weekdays and  7-8 hrs on weekends. oka 4hrs chadivina tarwatha.. interest lekapoina.. teppinchukoni chaduthunna.. Lol #FromMyExperience

Na friend okadu.. married with 1 year old kid.. He recently got in google. I was surprised that he spent 5 months preparing for FAANG and he solved around 600 leet code questions spending 8 hrs on weekends in library during covid time. Its just you interest, commitment and hardwork.

• Upvote 1

I work for One of FAANG, In FAANG learning is continuous process. You have to work hard during interview after interview and in the project. You have to be always prepared to learn new technology and change is constant.

promotions also very difficult, you have to prove that you can build things that will impact the customer or org.

At last don’t feel depressed If you don’t make it to job, I got Job second time. There are lot of companies hire you or you can build your own company 

All the best. Happy Learning!

17 minutes ago, CNR said:

I work for One of FAANG, In FAANG learning is continuous process. You have to work hard during interview after interview and in the project. You have to be always prepared to learn new technology and change is constant.

promotions also very difficult, you have to prove that you can build things that will impact the customer or org.

At last don’t feel depressed If you don’t make it to job, I got Job second time. There are lot of companies hire you or you can build your own company 

GP

17 minutes ago, CNR said:

Promos vary from company to company & org to org.

at fb, u can get promoted with hard work(some people work 6 hrs a day and some 12hrs a day depending on own pace). No strings attached. Pretty much same with amzn & apple.  There is no promo concept at netflix.

google is the only company in faang with stupid & screwed up promo process. I met atleast 100 xooglers at fb who switched to fb because of the dissapointment with promo process.  

learning new technology is true with google & fb because of the easy process related to internal transfers. At apple, u need to be interviewed for internal transfers too and hm may prefer someone with work exp in that field..

final: clearing the fang interviews is lot tougher whem compared to working at faag(excluding netflix)