Life insurance & Accidental death insurance

yemdoing

Most companies do not pay if you are not a permanent resident or US citizen. Even if they do most of them cannot pay to the beneficiary if they are not permanent resident or US citizen.

check out the US treasury website.

so check it out.

3 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

Most companies do not pay if you are not a permanent resident or US citizen. Even if they do most of them cannot pay to the beneficiary if they are not permanent resident or US citizen.

check out the US treasury website.

so check it out.

Wrong information - you are eligible. 

False information.. My agent clearly mentioned all the plans available for US citizens are applicable to H1B’s.  Also, In the questionnaire we submitted they asked all this information. 

4 minutes ago, ZoomNaidu said:

Wrong information - you are eligible. 

most companies reject it check their fine print, paisal tisukuntaru without checking if you are eligible or not...

mine got rejected. so they had to do an exceptional approval for me. After doing some digging this is what I found out.

andhuke sharing here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, yemdoing said:

most companies reject it check their fine print, paisal tisukuntaru without checking if you are eligible or not...

mine got rejected. so they had to do an exceptional approval for me. After doing some digging this is what I found out.

andhuke sharing here.

Damn, never heard of this - private insurance kuda theesukunna they said all good even h1b. 

3 hours ago, yemdoing said:

andhuke sharing here.

What was the claim if you don't mind to share 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

False information.. My agent clearly mentioned all the plans available for US citizens are applicable to H1B’s.  Also, In the questionnaire we submitted they asked all this information. 

How much you paying kaka?

13 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

What was the claim if you don't mind to share 

Provider was CIGNA.

there was no claim... But WHile renewing the term and ADD insurance I thought of reading the fine print and found it is applicable only for citizens and perm residents. So I checked with my HR and they further checked with CIGNA.

Initially CIGNA said i am not eligible for this insurance, I have to pay extra to apply for ADD and term insurance. I agreed to extra fee, later our HR negotiated with them and convinced them without extra fee. ( all this process took at least 2 months) 

Surprising thing is I have been paying my premiums from last 3 years with same company, If I had to file a claim I or my family wouldn't be eligible for payout. Since the policy itself is invalid as I am not a citizen or perm resident.

Every insurance is different , doesn't matter what you filled on the forms (H1b, H4-EAD) . But I think its best to confirm with the insurance directly before or after you have the policy.