Life insurance & Accidental death insurance

yemdoing

On 1/4/2021 at 10:52 AM, yemdoing said:

Most companies do not pay if you are not a permanent resident or US citizen. Even if they do most of them cannot pay to the beneficiary if they are not permanent resident or US citizen.

check out the US treasury website.

so check it out.

Is it true?

any visa holders can take insurance anukunna 

On 1/4/2021 at 1:03 PM, yemdoing said:

most companies reject it check their fine print, paisal tisukuntaru without checking if you are eligible or not...

mine got rejected. so they had to do an exceptional approval for me. After doing some digging this is what I found out.

andhuke sharing here.

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, LFC_YNWA said:

As you pointed, it is always good to check with them, rather than regret later. 

Policy genius vadu munde chepthadu, if the policies are not applicable for VISA holders ani. got the below message from them when I was looking for a longer policy. 

Unfortunately, many life insurance companies have certain rules and regulations around applicants that apply and are visas holders so other than Principal, AIG would be the next best option if you wanted additional coverage by extending your term from 30 to 35 yrs.

So visa constrain vunna vallu..not eligible to get term insurance with Policy Genius?

Inaccurate information.

I have NY LIFE TERM 1.5 million x 20 yrs.

Paying 89$ premium a month as i took it @ 33 years

H1b. 

Wife is beneficiary.

NO ISSUES.

Disclaimer: Sometimes those Insurance agents might not be familiar with visa thing which obviously add some confusion

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:22 PM, San_K said:

So visa constrain vunna vallu..not eligible to get term insurance with Policy Genius?

No only a subset of companies that do not provide services to visa holders. 

Some companies do provide for visa holders as well. I got through policy genius only, - Brighthouse( no medical)  and friend for Principal financial(with medical) . 30 year term 1 million. 

On 1/4/2021 at 12:52 PM, yemdoing said:

Most companies do not pay if you are not a permanent resident or US citizen. Even if they do most of them cannot pay to the beneficiary if they are not permanent resident or US citizen.

check out the US treasury website.

so check it out.

30 years pay chesthe after 30 years 1M vastadha baa? Share that plan once 

35 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

30 years pay chesthe after 30 years 1M vastadha baa? Share that plan once 

AFAIK - Term Insurance lo em radu. Whole life insurance is altogether separate concept - premiums kuda 5 to 6 times of term vuntayi.

Just now, San_K said:

AFAIK - Term Insurance lo em radu. Whole life insurance is altogether separate concept - premiums kuda 5 to 6 times of term vuntayi.

So basically like LIC , which pays you a certain amount after the policy term ended, are there any American policies which pays like that?

1 hour ago, LFC_YNWA said:

No only a subset of companies that do not provide services to visa holders. 

Some companies do provide for visa holders as well. I got through policy genius only, - Brighthouse( no medical)  and friend for Principal financial(with medical) . 30 year term 1 million. 

I'm going with Protective - got quotes from PolicyGenius and SelectQuote. Same range lo vunnayi premiums anni.. Brighthouse Fin reviews konchem -ve ga vunnayi after they moved out of Metlife. 

1 minute ago, DesiPokiri said:

So basically like LIC , which pays you a certain amount after the policy term ended, are there any American policies which pays like that?

Whole life..But LIC jeevan anand lanti policies tho I don't know if we can compare.