Job tech change

babai1234

it took me 5 months to learn new tech, started when I was working

lost job in 4 months, found new one in another month

I was giving interviews sitting like a lame duck after having more than a decade exp

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Manikyam said:

How was it initially? How much experience you had before moving?

There is a learning curve with any new technology.. if you work hard, it takes about an year to get proficient in that after you join a job... interviews are a bit tough initially.. but you will get something or the other after few interviews.. 

• Like 1

job tech is incredibly tough these days. I am not talking about stupid dashboard stuff . Its more cutting edge and SOTA architectures. 

Dont change job coz someone else is moving . You should have a passion to change and some motivation. They you can change quicker

33 minutes ago, Manikyam said:

I was giving interviews sitting like a lame duck after having more than a decade exp

What’s the reason for changing the technology?? Cant you upgrade to something inline with your field-like DBA - cloud ️?? 

I'm in the same boat myself. I want to be more confident in doing data analysis using Python and am thinking about taking an entry level data Engineer role.

But then not sure if it's worth it in the long run.

1 hour ago, Manikyam said:

Still its impressive that you took that chance 

49 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

job tech is incredibly tough these days. I am not talking about stupid dashboard stuff . Its more cutting edge and SOTA architectures. 

Dont change job coz someone else is moving . You should have a passion to change and some motivation. They you can change quicker

True that. Plus most roles demand you to continuously upgrade your skillset and learn the up and coming technologies. 

9 hours ago, zarathustra said:

True that. Plus most roles demand you to continuously upgrade your skillset and learn the up and coming technologies. 

Yes, there is no much growth in the current role rather being a subject matter expert and just guiding other team members doing some enhancements now and then.

Planning to learn Java - hope the job market is good there but since it’s a new tech change it must be tough initially.

11 hours ago, Manikyam said:

Glad it worked out for you and congrats bro!!!

From which tech to which bruh? Throw some light for other members of this DB who wants to do that.

what worries me is, some pulihora gallu, Just FT jobs lo undhi, Cloud Certifcations ..etc anni Fake rayinchi. LinkedIn lo Sr CloudEngineer anni bokka anni buildup isthunarru. Vallake emi radhu + just FT lo chance vachindhi learning ki anni inka Kukkalla hadavidhi chesthunarru. Total BS fellows not sure how to handle the interviews with such folks 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lucky7 said:

what worries me is, some pulihora gallu, Just FT jobs lo undhi, Cloud Certifcations ..etc anni Fake rayinchi. LinkedIn lo Sr CloudEngineer anni bokka anni buildup isthunarru. Vallake emi radhu + just FT lo chance vachindhi learning ki anni inka Kukkalla hadavidhi chesthunarru. Total BS fellows not sure how to handle the interviews with such folks 

evado pulihora kalipite nuvvu sambar kalupu. simple.