Resume format

Renault

49 minutes ago, Renault said:

Oka sample pm chey man ...nen kuda update seyyali iga...

Here is the format recommended by recruiters -

Name

Title

Experience summary table (language/tool, years, rating) - this is out of my own preference I added this section to help client figure out my skills, years of experience and comfort level ratings.

Professional summary

Education details

Technical details

Experience summary (a table with one line for each project, client name, location, title, period from/to) - my own preference section added to help client have a big picture overview before diving into experience details.

Professional experience (FOR EACH PROJECT...)
This will have sub-sections for client name, location, period, project name, title, project description, responsibilities (this one takes up much of the space describing each task, tools used, how it saved time/man hours for the client if any).

Environment (technologies & tools)

Team size.

Links to Homepage, Screenshots, etc.

Work status

Describe the last 3 projects with maximum details. Older projects can be reduced in length.

Read your resume before taking an interview, it will revise your knowledge, make you proud of past accomplishments and boost your confidence level.

OPT and entry level jobs ki used to have 1pg,

now after 10yrs, sticking to 2pg adi kuda full avvadu, have to increase the spacing.

I prefer 1 page.

• Upvote 1

11 years experience unna resume shorten chesi edit chesthey 3 pages ki ochindi

I dont know how to make it to 2 pages let alone 1. Maybe get a professional resume reviewer? I saw some on LinkedIn for 100 dollars. Might be worth the investment. 

10 minutes ago, SGB said:

If you are still not clear, create a 2-page resume and a 10-page resume. Send them both to a recruiter and ask which one is ideal.

developer roles aithe they want to see more pages...management level aithe 2 page enuf

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sarvapindi said:

developer roles aithe they want to see more pages...management level aithe 2 page enuf

Correct!

(because there are some nefarious and fake developers :) and clients burned their fingers hiring them :()

Its resume for God's sake, not your journal.

Keep it simple and straight.

Key words are the key.

Enni years experience anedi, nuvvu matlade varaku telidhu. So keep your resume simple and confidence high.

Max 2 pages are enough, also learn to curate the CV and cover letter for the job you are applying.

Don't just template it and send.

My 3cents

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2021 at 12:45 AM, SGB said:

1-page resume days are gone. We need to explain each task and how we resolved, what tools we used, how we saved money/man hours for the client with our solutions and more for each project so the person who is reading it knows you have substance and genuine experience. My resume is 20 pages and recruiters love it, they say it looks great.

Anta resume lo ne chepte interview lo em cheptav bhayya?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pachakamarlu said:

Anta resume lo ne chepte interview lo em cheptav bhayya?

what is there to not disclose in the resume? Would you mention partial skills, partial qualifications, partial experience...? Not making full disclosure can result in getting filtered out from the short list. You repeat everything from the resume during the interview and also any other questions interviewer has. Also make it a point to ask your own questions at the end.

whatever cannot be included in the resume can go on the cover letter (IT pros generally don’t use cover letters, it’s all included in the email). Other occupations use cover letters.

If you are still not clear, create a 2-page resume and a 10-page resume. Send them both to a recruiter while applying for a job and ask which one is ideal and which one they would send to the client.