Project ending while I485 is in progress

rollno6

Hi all,
Here is my situation. Iam working as a contractor for Apple , My contract is till April'2021. I downgraded to Eb3 in Oct '2020 and I got the receipt. I just got informed that my contract will not be extended from April but instead they offered me fulltime. Its a very good opportunity to give up, what's the best advice?

1. can I take up the full time offer, what will happen to my EAD application?
2. Can I work out something with my employer to keep my application still active? ( I don't know, its too stressful right now to think of anything)
3. if my I 485 is approved with in a month , Can I switch my employer right away?

Manchi rapport unte Apple manager ki 6 months taruvata join avuta ani adagandi if thats ok explaining situation.

Desi employer ki paisalu ista ani manage cheyandi . Oka 10k ala iste manage chese chance undi. -- These guys are greedy so might help.

Ltt for others.

20 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Manchi rapport unte Apple manager ki 6 months taruvata join avuta ani adagandi if thats ok explaining situation.

Desi employer ki paisalu ista ani manage cheyandi . Oka 10k ala iste manage chese chance undi. -- These guys are greedy so might help.

Ltt for others.

last year paycheck protection/other fed assitance schemes lo millions dobbaru desi mestris, 10k ki phone call koda ettadu, their range is into 20's and above now

17 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Receipt number track cheyyi uscis website lo, you might get your EAD before April. 

direct filing chesina vallaki inka dikku ledu, downporting vallaki april may be tricky, one way is to file for premium and i jabe seen fingerprinting coming quickly for those who did 140 premium, anta 2.5 grand mahima

23 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Ltt for others.

I told him the same thing, Can he wait until I get My EAD, but I dont think he would, he wants me to make a decision about this latest by this week and let him know. Trying to get hold of any attorney , in the mean time I posted here. Can I proceed and accept this FT position and initiate H1 transfer with Apple? Will my employer know about this? 

6 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

last year paycheck protection/other fed assitance schemes lo millions dobbaru desi mestris, 10k ki phone call koda ettadu, their range is into 20's and above now

20K ayina thats better than losing job in Apple kada? Ofcourse TS should take the call .

4 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

direct filing chesina vallaki inka dikku ledu, downporting vallaki april may be tricky, one way is to file for premium and i jabe seen fingerprinting coming quickly for those who did 140 premium, anta 2.5 grand mahima

We didnt apply in premium

8 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

Naa dost gaadiki corona valla losses vachayee ani seppi billing rate 10% decreased. 485 apply sesi elagu irukkupoyaru. So sachinattu padi vuntaaru ani thinking emo. 

12 minutes ago, rollno6 said:

I told him the same thing, Can he wait until I get My EAD, but I dont think he would, he wants me to make a decision about this latest by this week and let him know. Trying to get hold of any attorney , in the mean time I posted here. Can I proceed and accept this FT position and initiate H1 transfer with Apple? Will my employer know about this? 

H1 transfer he wont know for sure.  But, take appointment with Murthy and make a decision. Why taking risk? Enno years nunchi EAD kosam wait chesi untaru.

Na personal opinion ayite you can just take FT and wait for EAD . Old employer deggara dont resign say india trip or something till u get EAD. Worst scenario lo you can be back with old employer after you join apple too. 

Please have a look at this thread it might help u.  My conv with Murthy.

1 hour ago, rollno6 said:

Hi all,
Here is my situation. Iam working as a contractor for Apple , My contract is till April'2021. I downgraded to Eb3 in Oct '2020 and I got the receipt. I just got informed that my contract will not be extended from April but instead they offered me fulltime. Its a very good opportunity to give up, what's the best advice?

1. can I take up the full time offer, what will happen to my EAD application?
2. Can I work out something with my employer to keep my application still active? ( I don't know, its too stressful right now to think of anything)
3. if my I 485 is approved with in a month , Can I switch my employer right away?

If they sponsor H1, upgrade I140 to premium and ask manager to wait 6 months and then transfer. If not no other option