Full fee waiver university

coffee

3 minutes ago, ooko_kaka said:

auna bro SJSU kuda occhindi Sotware Eng. lo thought to transfr but UL funding iche sariki salla badda chass San jose lo aa opportunities ma frnds did later FT's settled manM contracting bathukul Jackass

Yeah the advantage of the school is it's proximity to silicon valley, nenu vellina university lo kooda okappudu TA/RA baane ostunde but now a days not that many ani vinna

2 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Anyone went to law school or MBA program that offers scholarship options? 

A friend of mine did an MBA at Booth, he got complete funding from a company that made him sign a contract to work for them after MBA. 

3 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Yeah the advantage of the school is it's proximity to silicon valley, nenu vellina university lo kooda okappudu TA/RA baane ostunde but now a days not that many ani vinna

ya thought Software Eng was lesser than CS in opportunities r funding wise nt sure but may b chnce missed thought cost of living also is more kadha even UL where ur frnd graduated ma tarvata funding kastam ayyindhi bro vinna chusa kuda

1 minute ago, betapilli said:

A friend of mine did an MBA at Booth, he got complete funding from a company that made him sign a contract to work for them after MBA. 

Wow lucky him. But usually those contracts also mean that you lose on potential better opportunities

5 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Wow lucky him. But usually those contracts also mean that you lose on potential better opportunities

True, there are a couple of fellowships that offer complete stipend for MBA at Stanford. There is Reliance Dhirubai Ambani fellowship in GSB that offers complete tuition waiver. There is also Knight-Hennessey Scholars program that offers complete tuition waiver in exchange for networking with the program. Knight-Hennessey lo a lot of students can get into, has a good alumni network. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, betapilli said:

True, there are a couple of fellowships that offer complete stipend for MBA at Stanford. There is Reliance Dhirubai Ambani fellowship in GSB that offers complete tuition waiver. There is also Knight-Hennessey Scholars program that offers complete tuition waiver in exchange for networking with the program. Knight-Hennessey lo a lot of students can get into, has a good alumni network. 

Thanks for the info, will keep that in mind. I am not a corporate MBA type, thinking about law school but will keep this in mind

Just now, zarathustra said:

Thanks for the info, will keep that in mind. I am not a corporate MBA type, thinking about law school but will keep this in mind

Law school is harder to get a tuition waiver for, but ROI on the degree is much higher. My old labmate went to law school in Boston, his first jig after law school is a patent firm in the Bay area that offered 250k as an associate. In 7 years, it goes up to 350k, he wants to retire after that, since it's too stressful to handle unless he wants to become a partner, which he doesn't. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Law school is harder to get a tuition waiver for, but ROI on the degree is much higher. My old labmate went to law school in Boston, his first jig after law school is a patent firm in the Bay area that offered 250k as an associate. In 7 years, it goes up to 350k, he wants to retire after that, since it's too stressful to handle unless he wants to become a partner, which he doesn't. 

Yeah I know it's worth it, I look at it as something you want to do for 10 years and quit. Not something that's for life, since the stress would kill you pretty much. My wife's aunt went to Berkeley law and got into one of the top patent firms in the Bay area. She recently made it to a partner after 8 years and makes around 750K. She plans to do that for 5 years and quit by the time she hits her 50s.