Nice video explaining Farmer bill

Telugodura456

6 hours ago, RSUCHOU said:

Slander against farmer? Tangential? That is exactly what you comment was. I see zero points in support of why you think my argument was tangential or slanderous. Empty rhetoric. But still, here you go. Some information and the numbers for you to mull over.

thumbnail.jpg?domain=ketto.org
Fighting Anemia, my newborn needs your help to survive
My son is in big pain, without your help he won't be able to survive. He is battling life-threatening Anemia, help us
ketto.org

Is there a MSP for all the crops today? For the crops where there is an MSP, is the farmer making a return on investment? There are 23 crops under cereals, pulses, oil seeds & commercial crops under MSP. Paddy MSP per quintal for Grade A is 1888 rs. Among that you have to give a percentage to the market. Do you know the lobbying that happens in a market. The amount of water and power that go into produce and the effort that goes into it, does that get an ROI? And, Do you know how many crops that are not under MSP sustain with a consistent price in the markets across the country round the year? Average price of Potato per KG in the markets across 2020 was 20.57 /KG. Capsicum is 20.50/KG. In an acre, we can produce 30-50 quintals per crop of Capsicum. 100 quintals of Potato can be grown in the same acre. Broccoli, Lettuce, Brinjal, Aloevera(25000 Rs per Ton) and you can grow upto 45 ton in an acre. So, what is driving farming in India is not market, but, the generations of misinformation. What does privatization do? Open the farming to be driven by needs. What is stopping them doing it today? The lure of MSPs, wrong guidance from middlemen, vicious debt cycles they get into.

thumbnail.jpg?domain=ketto.org
Fighting Anemia, my newborn needs your help to survive
My son is in big pain, without your help he won't be able to survive. He is battling life-threatening Anemia, help us
ketto.org

Did the government delete any of the commodities out of MSP with these bills? No. Then what is this shallow cry about MSPs? I am game for further debate on the topic, if you so wish. But, facts against facts. I have zero inclination for name calling and empty rhetoric. If that is what you have on offer, please excuse.

Yedhava sollu raayamaka. If farming broccoli makes you rich why couldnt you do it with your 150 acres. who eats broccoli? urban elite - is this solution for farming masses. You never explained how farmers are against agri infrastrcuture. which farmer said dont invest. Agri related infrastructure is much higher in jatland than cowbelt which blows away your relentless slander that jat farmer(the most productive wheat farmer in india) is a stupid fool who does not want infrastructure and fooled by middle man. 

1 hour ago, Sachin200 said:

Its a great lesson for telugu people how to fight delhi. You dont win delhi buy following delhi procedures like passing assembly bill against state division, asking for support to new capital on floor of parliament. Delhi will laugh at you. You fight it like delhi is a foreign entity only then it will respect you.

8 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

Yedhava sollu raayamaka. If farming broccoli makes you rich why couldnt you do it with your 150 acres. who eats broccoli? urban elite - is this solution for farming masses. You never explained how farmers are against agri infrastrcuture. which farmer said dont invest. Agri related infrastructure is much higher in jatland than cowbelt which blows away your relentless slander that jat farmer(the most productive wheat farmer in india) is a stupid fool who does not want infrastructure and fooled by middle man. 

Broccoli nenu enduku pandinchaledu ante my village has less water. Aina, nenu cheppina migitavi vadilesi kadhalu endukuvayya. I already said, the Jat belt can definitely afford as they have larger land holdings. What works for Punjab does not work for the rest of the country.

The water belt has depleted because of paddy and wheat. Also, there have been several studies over the quality of wheat procured from Punjab. It has depleted over years. The FCI procures Wheat which is more than the national consumption average and let's it rot in the godowns. Net loss for the exchequer because of Wheat&Paddy is more than 30000 crores. It cannot be even exported because of the inferior quality. If you have time and the patience, please read the research.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330040747_Survey_on_Quality_of_Foodgrains_Procured_from_Farmers_A_Case_Study_in_Punjab

This is not a government funded research and was published in 2018, much before the bills. Just in case, you have any doubts about the authenticity. I have great respect for farmers and I sincerely appreciate the whole Jatt belt of being master producers. They look after their Bihar/UP labor very well and produce. But, relying on Paddy and Wheat is actually turning as a vicious trap.

Water depletion, less quality output, Soil fertility on the decline etc are straight off outputs. Why should India produce more than what it consumes and import agri related products. Our imports for the year 2019 was close to 5 Billion Dollars and 5.3 the year before that. This is the offset of our export vs import. MSP for wheat and paddy has put them into a comfort zone and letting them produce more than consumption and this is a vicious cycle.

Did you know, 1/3rd of the wheat Punjab produces is of inferior quality? Have you read anything about the excessive use of fertilizers for increasing yield and their effect on the overall quality depletion of the soil. If you have time please go through those.

https://dswcpunjab.gov.in/contents/punjab_soils.html

I have nothing but respect for the farmer, be it in AP or Punjab. But, what they have resorted to, I will not condone. I have seen Khalistan ideology being propagated in the US gurudwaras first hand. A lot of the kids that go to Gurudwaras are being indoctrinated. So, If you cannot make the distinction between farm protests and separatist agendas, I have nothing more to offer. 

P.S: Before someone points out that MP produces more wheat than Punjab, they do and use 92% more land and their productivity is less. These farm bills have not touched the MSPs at all. What was there earlier, stays.

9 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

Profits vunte then why are farmers not producing it - you are simply contradicting yourself.

MSP is not a trap designed to spoil the jat farmland. If you think indian govt thinks so much about the farmer that it wants to spoint them then i dont know what to say. Do you feel spoiled? you have 150 acres without a single profit.

MSP is the policy of delhi to protect itself from hunger when in 60s even the upper classes in delhi did not know where the next meal will come from. They came up with MSP to encourage hardy farmers of punjab/haryana to produce and those farmers respond admirable taking control of agriculture learning new methods using hybrid seeds.

Ippudu avasaram aipoindhi MSP ledh yem ledh ambani ammuko ante yetta. Make sure the farmers get remunerative prices in other crops too. If you give MSP there maybe they will swithc. You cant pull rug under their feet like this.

If you force out all these farmers from farming and give millions of acres to corporates yes they may produce priftable - is that what you want? poverty for millions and riches for new ?

Farmers are not fools - top economists like Amartya sen have criticized the bill. Listen to farmers themselves - they are extremely articulate and know everything they need to know. 

Top Agricultural economists like Ashok Gulati have supported the bills as well. Ambani ammuko anatledu, raithu ni ekkadaina ammuko mantunnaru. Eppudo 60's lo chesaru ani, kaalam marina taruvata, ippati paristulu gamanichakunda konsaginchadam entha varaku correct? Just because there was caste discrimination in the earlier days, did we not change that by passing laws. What was correct then, need not necessarily be correct now. 150 acres unna, on the ground problems for people like us who are not hands-on are plenty. Anyway, I think we have nothing further to offer to each other. Peace.

12 hours ago, Dosakai said:

I thnk you have serious comprehension issues. I didn't say bills are detrimental to farmers. 

you are just saying regular talking points that dont address what I brought up. The fact that most of the things that can be achieved through the bill can be achieved outside of it too. 

anyway, I don't want to get into childish capitalsim vs commies arguments. you guys are really stuck in some kind of loop

I did not bring Ambani and Adani into this conversation. So, capitalism vs commies is not something I introduced. Anyway, if what these laws could be achieved anyhow, with or without the laws, what's your problem if they want to pass the laws? 

11 hours ago, RSUCHOU said:

Broccoli nenu enduku pandinchaledu ante my village has less water. Aina, nenu cheppina migitavi vadilesi kadhalu endukuvayya. I already said, the Jat belt can definitely afford as they have larger land holdings. What works for Punjab does not work for the rest of the country.

The water belt has depleted because of paddy and wheat. Also, there have been several studies over the quality of wheat procured from Punjab. It has depleted over years. The FCI procures Wheat which is more than the national consumption average and let's it rot in the godowns. Net loss for the exchequer because of Wheat&Paddy is more than 30000 crores. It cannot be even exported because of the inferior quality. If you have time and the patience, please read the research.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330040747_Survey_on_Quality_of_Foodgrains_Procured_from_Farmers_A_Case_Study_in_Punjab

This is not a government funded research and was published in 2018, much before the bills. Just in case, you have any doubts about the authenticity. I have great respect for farmers and I sincerely appreciate the whole Jatt belt of being master producers. They look after their Bihar/UP labor very well and produce. But, relying on Paddy and Wheat is actually turning as a vicious trap.

Water depletion, less quality output, Soil fertility on the decline etc are straight off outputs. Why should India produce more than what it consumes and import agri related products. Our imports for the year 2019 was close to 5 Billion Dollars and 5.3 the year before that. This is the offset of our export vs import. MSP for wheat and paddy has put them into a comfort zone and letting them produce more than consumption and this is a vicious cycle.

Did you know, 1/3rd of the wheat Punjab produces is of inferior quality? Have you read anything about the excessive use of fertilizers for increasing yield and their effect on the overall quality depletion of the soil. If you have time please go through those.

https://dswcpunjab.gov.in/contents/punjab_soils.html

I have nothing but respect for the farmer, be it in AP or Punjab. But, what they have resorted to, I will not condone. I have seen Khalistan ideology being propagated in the US gurudwaras first hand. A lot of the kids that go to Gurudwaras are being indoctrinated. So, If you cannot make the distinction between farm protests and separatist agendas, I have nothing more to offer. 

P.S: Before someone points out that MP produces more wheat than Punjab, they do and use 92% more land and their productivity is less. These farm bills have not touched the MSPs at all. What was there earlier, stays.

First of all the fact you bought up 30,000 crore loss of exchequer makes me suspect either you are very misinformed about budgets or you actually dont have much sympathy for lives for farmers despite what you claim to me. this dikkumaalina govt spect 30,000 crore in month of november itself for few war planes because some 5 0r 8 km land was occupied by china in some godforsaken places called pangong or galwan(you wouldnt even dream of such places). It spends 6 lac crores on defense - half of it tied to kashmir - because it cannot solve the problem for decades.

And you complain about these 30,000 crores which benefit and bring mental peace to millions of farmers ?

Also you keep on saying about land salinity or fertility problems in punjab/haryana - you think the farmers there are stupid not to realize the problem ? have you ever bothered about reading their view point at all?

if they want khalistan then thats not your problem (though it is only being used to tarnish the movement). If sikhs want to live by themselves in their own land why do you care as a telugu fellow? did they ask your land or your taxes like delhi does? why do you want to control the aspirations of people thuosands of kms away?

21 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

First of all the fact you bought up 30,000 crore loss of exchequer makes me suspect either you are very misinformed about budgets or you actually dont have much sympathy for lives for farmers despite what you claim to me. this dikkumaalina govt spect 30,000 crore in month of november itself for few war planes because some 5 0r 8 km land was occupied by china in some godforsaken places called pangong or galwan(you wouldnt even dream of such places). It spends 6 lac crores on defense - half of it tied to kashmir - because it cannot solve the problem for decades.

And you complain about these 30,000 crores which benefit and bring mental peace to millions of farmers ?

Also you keep on saying about land salinity or fertility problems in punjab/haryana - you think the farmers there are stupid not to realize the problem ? have you ever bothered about reading their view point at all?

if they want khalistan then thats not your problem (though it is only being used to tarnish the movement). If sikhs want to live by themselves in their own land why do you care as a telugu fellow? did they ask your land or your taxes like delhi does? why do you want to control the aspirations of people thuosands of kms away?

Separatists don't just stop where they started. All separatist movements lead to unrest. Anyway, I have nothing further to discuss here. It's clear that we don't speak the same language. Thanks for engaging so far.

1 hour ago, RSUCHOU said:

Separatists don't just stop where they started. All separatist movements lead to unrest. Anyway, I have nothing further to discuss here. It's clear that we don't speak the same language. Thanks for engaging so far.

Haha same tactic - enormous focus on minor khalistan side issue but you never had any heart for farmers issue.

basically  you hate farmers from your guts (calculating 30k crores)and  a lapdog for delhi. THough you or your family never belong in cow belt and may never be accepted there.