Tryglycerides

Hindhustani

2 hours ago, AryaD said:

Don’t worry man. It is very easy to control. I had 560 at one point of time but I didn’t take medication even though my doctor presecribed. I reduced my carb intake to 1000 cal per day and maintained healthy diet for a month. I know it is not good for health  in the long term with 1000 cal. After a month it got reduced to 200. Usually I eat very less around 1800 calories per day but due genetic reasons my body cannot utilize fat properly.now I am eating as normal but doing workouts 4 times a week. Seems like I can never reach 150 without medication due to genetics. But I would worry if it exceeds 500.

Bro, what is the diet you followed

1 minute ago, Hindhustani said:

Yes , from last one year I had 5 times meat. I’m not heavy weight , don’t drink and smoke. Becoz of covid stopped doing some physical workouts from couple of months

Don’t worry too much . You can get back to control . Start reducing carbs and start working out as first step . Good luck !

Just now, Amrita said:

Don’t worry too much . You can get back to control . Start reducing carbs and start working it as first step . Good luck !

Thank you.. any suggestions on the diet plan

Just now, Hindhustani said:

Thank you.. any suggestions on the diet plan

I am not sure andi about foods to get triglycerides into control.  I dont want to give you wrong suggestion. Consult a nutritionist. I can find out from my bava and let u know what he did but i know he took medication for a while. 

30 minutes ago, Hindhustani said:

Bro, what is the diet you followed

Morning 150 cal .  Brown bread slice + one spoon nut butter/ almond milk shake with berries/ egg white omelet with spinach , mushrooms and olives. 

Lucnch : cauliflower rice with gravy curries or sambar/ quinoa bowl with lentils/ meditation feta wrap. 300 cal

evening : chai with biscuits around 150 cals 

night : chicken breast/ salmon/zuchuni or sweat potato noodles .350 cal

repat this every day for a month. 4 times workout in a week for 45 mins each day.

Just now, AryaD said:

Morning 150 cal .  Brown bread slice + one spoon nut butter/ almond milk shake with berries/ egg white omelet with spinach , mushrooms and olives. 

Lucnch : cauliflower rice with gravy curries or sambar/ quinoa bowl with lentils/ meditation feta wrap. 300 cal

evening : chai with biscuits around 150 cals 

night : chicken breast/ salmon/zuchuni or sweat potato noodles .350 cal

repat this every day for a month. 4 times workout in a week for 45 mins each day.

In between  I eat almonds , grapes or dates for instant energy if I feel very low.

3 hours ago, Hindhustani said:

Hello well wishers , my Tryglycerides are at 356 , doc suggested medicine.. can you post your success story.. how did u controlled.. appreciate all your inputs 

How old are you?  What is your weight? Do you smoke (If so, stop).

Are your blood sugars and A1Cs normal? 

Underlying ga insulin resistance start ayyi vuntundi. Start eating low inflammation food such as less carbs, more fats and proteins. If overweight, control your weight. Workout at least 30mins a day (preferably resistance training). 

You have to change your lifestyle (Food and workouts). Malli nuvvu carbs ekkuva thinadam start chesthe, they will increase. Control them with your food and workout first, avvakapothe obvious ga you need to take meds

4 hours ago, Hindhustani said:

Hello well wishers , my Tryglycerides are at 356 , doc suggested medicine.. can you post your success story.. how did u controlled.. appreciate all your inputs 

triglycerides can easily be controlled by 2 things

1. reduce high glycemic index foods (brown rice/roti/oats)

2. add good fat (avoid vegetable, soya,canola, rapeseed oil), swtich to coconut oil, avocado oil on rotational basis

3. eat avocado as breakfast for few months

4. stop eating biryani second time (throw leftover or dont cook too much)

medicine is not needed at all, do the above and get it down to less than 80/100 in 2 months

11 minutes ago, TriStateBabu said:

red meat/prawns/eggs tintey cholesterol perugutadhi ani wrong ga we are brainwashed since childhood 

saturated fat tho confused avutunnavu

ghee is saturated fat and it actually helps to reduce bad cholesterol, you need to find correct spot where its helps you, 1 -2 spoons a day is good to start

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hindhustani said:

400+ ikkada for last 10+ years.. 

doctor suggested three things :

1) Diet - 50% green vegetables(salad, broc, carrots, cucumber, spinach etc) ,  25% grains(quinoa, brown rice),  25% fruits (any fruits less sugar content - apple, banana, avacado, oranges, dates, papaya, etc)

2) Exercise - any exercise of 150 mins a week - make sure heart rate is (180 - your age) 

3) Crestor 20 mg tabs (prescription) + CoQ2 capsules for 6+months 

2 hours ago, Amrita said:

Ma Bavagari ki kuda couple of years back 650 something undindi he is so lean actually . His sister had very high levels too during pregnancy. Cut totally on carbs and make life style changes . Workout daily at least start with walking . 2-3 months lo you will see significant changes . I think this may be hereditary.  

Are you vegetarian by any chance ? 

Are you confirming if he is your bava JK@3$%

• Haha 1

I know someone close who went through hypertriglyceridemia and here is some info that might help you

Hypertriglyceridemia is caused by mainly due to extra calories you consume (especially carbs)
Cut down the simple carbs like rice significantly. Treat sugar as poison, DON'T consume anything with added sugar. Sodas are the worst.
Control your portions. Instead of eating big meals, go for smaller ones.
Fish oil really helps.
Oats and oats bran helps too, but don't eat too much, they are also carbs.
Stay away from processed foods.
Exercise.

Try these for a month without taking medicine, and recheck. Your numbers should reduce significantly. You may take medicine if they still stay high.

Btw, excellent posts by @AryaD, @sunnam, @soodhilodaaram, @proudtobeandhrite

Disclosure: I am not a doctor, this is not a medical advice :D