Ilanti tweet janmalo chusundaremo

betapilli

14 minutes ago, Ellen said:

aina pedda entire field of psychology nundi books chadivesinattu nee build up okati. ellavooo 

*7*^

There's an utter idiot called Jordan Peterson, who's a clinical psychologist by profession. Now I don't know what that means, but I'm assuming his job is mostly to treat mental illness.

and this fcukface comes out and says that people who want to change their world are setting themselves up for failure.. and that they should first learn to shut up and do the work. haha.. 

among other things he says that women in work places wear red lipstick because its like a mating call it seems, and that there should be a law against women wearing make up in work place, since its like an invitation to harrass them

he also says that genders are not a social construct, and have a grounding in biology... means he's saying that as the society gets more and more egalitarian, more people chose to become transgenders, compared to coming out as one in repressive societies.

so if these are the conclusions from the a 'respected' clinical psychologist, I have to call the entire field as kook science. because he claims that he draws all this conclusions from his long and distinguished career as a clinical psychologist.

He also wrote a book 'maps of mind' it seems. No one gives a fcuk about that book in academic circles. so may be the entire field is not full of kooks like him.

38 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

she's just throwing tantrums like every celebrity does. She's dumb enough to do it in public, like Kanye West does.

or may be she missed her medications. I don't know about that.

Kanye has bipolar disorder , man has excuse to be fked up 

9 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Hmm emo mari

psychologists are like mathematicians.. they build self serving models that prove what they wanna prove. except mathematicians are actually smart and their work is pretty much inaccessible to laymen.

unfortunately psychologists place so much emphasis on narratives and categories, anyone with a working knowledge of language can use the narratives they push.

12 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

There's an utter idiot called Jordan Peterson, who's a clinical psychologist by profession. Now I don't know what that means, but I'm assuming his job is mostly to treat mental illness.

and this fcukface comes out and says that people who want to change their world are setting themselves up for failure.. and that they should first learn to shut up and do the work. haha.. 

among other things he says that women in work places wear red lipstick because its like a mating call it seems, and that there should be a law against women wearing make up in work place, since its like an invitation to harrass them

he also says that genders are not a social construct, and have a grounding in biology... means he's saying that as the society gets more and more egalitarian, more people chose to become transgenders, compared to coming out as one in repressive societies.

so if these are the conclusions from the a 'respected' clinical psychologist, I have to call the entire field as kook science. because he claims that he draws all this conclusions from his long and distinguished career as a clinical psychologist.

He also wrote a book 'maps of mind' it seems. No one gives a fcuk about that book in academic circles. so may be the entire field is not full of kooks like him.

You are bashing an entire field of science just based on one person's work?

13 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

psychologists are like mathematicians.. they build self serving models that prove what they wanna prove. except mathematicians are actually smart and their work is pretty much inaccessible to laymen.

unfortunately psychologists place so much emphasis on narratives and categories, anyone with a working knowledge of language can use the narratives they push.

No. That's not how math works. Unless you are talking about building proofs ... even in proofs there are  diff kinds of proofs like proof by induction, contradiction etc. 

Psychology is an empirical science and you are making a very superficial claim about pushing narratives. Are you sure you are not talking about philosophy?

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

You are bashing an entire field of science just based on one person's work?

I already said that I have no idea to the scientific methods in that field.

I am just bashing pop psychology self help guru style. I did add at the end that since Jordan Peterson's book is not taken seriously by the academia, the entire field is not sh1t.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ellen said:

No. That's not how math works. Unless you are talking about building proofs 

Psychology is an empirical science and you are making a very superficial claim about pushing narratives. Are you sure you are not talking about philosophy?

What use is this 'empirical science'? at what point does clinical data that supports these empirical models become useful as a tool that can be used in real life by people untrained in the profession?

yes. all pop psychology is bs narratives. I don't even understand what the boundary condition for bipolar disorder is. and how people can confidently claim that one has it. ofcourse a doctor with data can.

5 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

I already said that I have no idea to the scientific methods in that field.

I am just bashing pop psychology self help guru style. I did add at the end that since Jordan Peterson's book is not taken seriously by the academia, the entire field is not sh1t.

Yeah ala chala unnaru le. Even in math 🤣 u won't believe the kind of things they publish

1 minute ago, Ellen said:

Yeah ala chala unnaru le. Even in math 🤣 u won't believe the kind of things they publish

I just meant that all these tools seem to be built for use by professionals... the psychology tools.

not laymen.

10 hours ago, betapilli said:

Even the most egotistical person I know, Donald J Trump, hasn't shown this kind of behavior when he says I am the greatest President of the United States. 

Everyone is an egoist. There are no saints. It is Just building an image through media management and thus minds of bakras are conditioned