Is not teaching proper personal finance to us our parents mistake?

jambalhaatraja

Our generation parents somehow never made you sit and understand checking savings account , FD's , mutual funds , stocks , investments etc

Prati family to love da babai or mavayya okadu untadu. who invested all life savings in some BS stock and brought family to roads

Inka khatam every dad is like . shares anna maata ante chaalu they will show that loser

For many years you will be under these illusions until one fine day you realize you need calculated risks and still make decent money in all investment avenues

You also know how education in india is. I am telling general schooling and engineer. Still teaching shah jahan is great and that stupid engg courses which are of no use in current world

Somehow their mind set is always like put money in bank and you are safe then the fcuk if you trust bank that much you can buy their shares also right. adi undadu malli.

Never ever tell you to take risks in life.

Just to get thoughts around. Nothing to disgrace parents etc

• Haha 1

Mana upbringing lo chala +ves chala -ves unnayi. 

Investment, personal finance - are the biggest drawbacks. 

Investment is for your betterment not self dabba. We always tend to talk about our money with everyone and inka discussion shuru. 

Stocks - ante long term evvaru cheyyaru. Avi padipoyina ventane bank vaddi, personal vaddi, site ila compare chesi teesestaru. Ila cheppukunte pote pedda list vastundi. 

I attribute my family values to my parents not my investment methods. 

1 hour ago, jambalhaatraja said:

Our generation parents somehow never made you sit and understand checking savings account , FD's , mutual funds , stocks , investments etc

Prati family to love da babai or mavayya okadu untadu. who invested all life savings in some BS stock and brought family to roads

Inka khatam every dad is like . shares anna maata ante chaalu they will show that loser

For many years you will be under these illusions until one fine day you realize you need calculated risks and still make decent money in all investment avenues

You also know how education in india is. I am telling general schooling and engineer. Still teaching shah jahan is great and that stupid engg courses which are of no use in current world

Somehow their mind set is always like put money in bank and you are safe then the fcuk if you trust bank that much you can buy their shares also right. adi undadu malli.

Never ever tell you to take risks in life.

Just to get thoughts around. Nothing to disgrace parents etc

Because india has/had other options (FD,real estate) to improve their wealth. US lo aa options leka people had to look at stocks, funds etc.. 

And majority of business owners in india don't pay taxes as their is absolutely no incentive for being honest taxpayer other than being proud patriotic. So investing in stocks is out of rule as you need white money for that.

we can go on and on on this disco... 

• Upvote 1