North Indian vs South Indian Tenples

JackSeal

3 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Take Chidambaram temple as an example. It is so well maintained without the government’s involvement. 

BJP state ante UP nundi start cheyyali

Ee temple previous  government  control lo untey , swamy case vesi gelichadu kadhaa 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I wouldn't say Chidambaram is that well maintained , atleast for the stature of that temple .

Well, the last I visited was in 2018 and the renovations were all ramped up then and this compared against the Govt controlled Ekambarnathar temple tells much about the government’s callousness  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Well, the last I visited was in 2018 and the renovations were all ramped up then and this compared against the Govt controlled Ekambarnathar temple tells much about the government’s callousness  

Tamil nadu has the problem of plenty , their endowments department doesn't have funds .  Some of the ASI maintained temples are pretty good 

Compared to Chidambaram , TTD maintained temples are far better shape

13 hours ago, VictoryTDP said:

One month kooda saripodhu baa. At least oka 20 days trip plan karo 

Avu baa..longer the better..but time constraint unte, ilantidhi elaa untundhi antaavu?

https://www.southerntravelsindia.com/Fixed-Departure-Itinerary-Tamilnadu-Temple-Tour---By-A.C.-Coach_140

OR maname cab book chesukuni velladam betteraa?  Kaani bus tour ayithe aaa hotel/food/darshanam vagaira logistics vallee choosukuntaru..cab ayithe anni maname choosukovali, konchem thala noppi yavvaram...I think?

21 minutes ago, BattalaSathi said:

Avu baa..longer the better..but time constraint unte, ilantidhi elaa untundhi antaavu?

https://www.southerntravelsindia.com/Fixed-Departure-Itinerary-Tamilnadu-Temple-Tour---By-A.C.-Coach_140

OR maname cab book chesukuni velladam betteraa?  Kaani bus tour ayithe aaa hotel/food/darshanam vagaira logistics vallee choosukuntaru..cab ayithe anni maname choosukovali, konchem thala noppi yavvaram...I think?

Nenu last year vellanu with family, oka 10 days trip. Cab booked. Yes hotel booking problem especially chinna villages lo.

I visited the following places baa

1. Arunachalam

2. Chidambaram

3. Srirangam/Jambukesvaram

4. Tirunalvelli

5. Maduari

6. Sri Mushnam

7. Rameshwaram

8. Nangunur

9. Thanjavur 

Plus Srikalhasti, Tirupati and kanipkam 

Madurai Airport lo picked then dropped us at Tirpuati airport. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

tamilnadu trip vesi eeroju morning return aina intiki.. perfect timing thread. You should visit arunachalam temple, peaks asalu. 

Luck you baa..etta poyinavo aa details kooda veyyi baa...neeku inka extra punyam vasthadhi...

1 minute ago, BattalaSathi said:

Luck you baa..etta poyinavo aa details kooda veyyi baa...neeku inka extra punyam vasthadhi...

Arunachalam velthen Giri pradikshana cheyi baa, we missed it due to time constraints. Andhuke antunna you need a lot of time ani. 

Na list lo Kumbakonam undindi but wasn't able to visit. 

11 minutes ago, BattalaSathi said:

Started from Kanipakam..

Tiruttani,

Arunachalam,

Chidambaram,

Srirangam(Trichy),

Madurai,

Rameshwaram,

Tiruchendur,

kanyaKumari,

Tiruvananthapuram,

Kukke Subramanya,

dharmashala,

Sringeri.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Tamil nadu has the problem of plenty , their endowments department doesn't have funds .  Some of the ASI maintained temples are pretty good 

Compared to Chidambaram , TTD maintained temples are far better shape

Endowments department not having funds is not the main issue. The issue is apathy towards the temple properties and swindling of revenues from there. I can go on this topic in a separate thread. This issue is going on now for decades and the lack of initiative from TN government to protect the interests of the Hindu temples is evident. Sai Deepak has addressed this issue in very detail. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JackSeal said:

South Indian temples architecture and complex shilpa kala tho kalakaladthu untai but north India lo antha architecture and shilpa kalalu undavu why ?

Modern times lo BAPS Swami Narayan temples arhcitecture masth untadi

9 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

Started from Kanipakam..

Tiruttani,

Arunachalam,

Chidambaram,

Srirangam(Trichy),

Madurai,

Rameshwaram,

Tiruchendur,

kanyaKumari,

Tiruvananthapuram,

Kukke Subramanya,

dharmashala,

Sringeri.

Enni rojula tour idi? 

15 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Endowments department not having funds is not the main issue. The issue is apathy towards the temple properties and swindling of revenues from there. I can go on this topic in a separate thread. This issue is going on now for decades and the lack of initiative from TN government to protect the interests of the Hindu temples is evident. Sai Deepak has addressed this issue in very detail. 

Lack of funds also exacerbates the issue , Andhra endowments department is just as bad but since we have relatively more funds per temple we maintain it better

16 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Lack of funds also exacerbates the issue , Andhra endowments department is just as bad but since we have relatively more funds per temple we maintain it better

There are multiple instances where the government has diverted the temple funds to public infrastructure projects. Lack of funds is something I wouldn’t buy as an argument. The government treats Hindu temple property as public and swindles it. Temples in TN altogether own more than 5 lakh acres of land and apart from the other revenue generating properties. The conservative number is estimated anywhere close to 10k crores as income from these properties.. that and the continuous selling away of temple lands after marking them as waste lands. 

what other temples in AP are well maintained apart from TTD and Kalahasti?