Three children and their grandmother died in a Texas fire after trying to stay warm during power outages. Their mom survived

Spartan

210221182553-01-sugar-land-texas-fire-de

When the power went out at Loan Le's house in the Houston suburb of Sugar Land, Texas, on Monday, she headed over to her daughter's home about five miles away.

Jackie Pham Nguyen and her three kids, Olivia, 11, Edison, 8, and Colette, 5, affectionately nicknamed Coco by her family, still had power and were happy to have more time with their Ba Ngoai, which means maternal grandmother in Vietnamese.
Power and water outages plagued the state of Texas last week amid an unusual deep freeze that sent many families like the Nguyen's into survival mode.

"We thought we were really lucky because we still had power until the early evening," Nguyen said.
When their power went out a few hours later, the family hunkered down, lit the fireplace and played board games and card games, she said.
The kids tried to teach their grandmother some card games and the family had tired themselves out by around 9:30 p.m.
"Tucked my kids into bed and really the next thing I know I'm in the hospital," Nguyen told CNN. "A few hours later the fireman and police officer came and said that no one else made it."

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

210221182553-01-sugar-land-texas-fire-de

When the power went out at Loan Le's house in the Houston suburb of Sugar Land, Texas, on Monday, she headed over to her daughter's home about five miles away.

Jackie Pham Nguyen and her three kids, Olivia, 11, Edison, 8, and Colette, 5, affectionately nicknamed Coco by her family, still had power and were happy to have more time with their Ba Ngoai, which means maternal grandmother in Vietnamese.
Power and water outages plagued the state of Texas last week amid an unusual deep freeze that sent many families like the Nguyen's into survival mode.

"We thought we were really lucky because we still had power until the early evening," Nguyen said.
When their power went out a few hours later, the family hunkered down, lit the fireplace and played board games and card games, she said.
The kids tried to teach their grandmother some card games and the family had tired themselves out by around 9:30 p.m.
"Tucked my kids into bed and really the next thing I know I'm in the hospital," Nguyen told CNN. "A few hours later the fireman and police officer came and said that no one else made it."

anta simple ga rasesadu emti?    feeling bad for the kids

1 minute ago, Sputnik said:

ee texas snow emo gani intha mandhini pottana bettukundhi.

Heard some people died of hypothermia too

privitization alagae untadhi.... mari... 

7 minutes ago, Spartan said:

EM ah cards antukoni illu kaalipoyindah #$1