Government Has "No Business To Be In Business": PM Narendra Modi

manadonga

It is government's duty to support enterprises and businesses. But it is not essential that it should own and run enterprises," he said.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said the government has "no business to be in business" and his administration is committed to privatising all PSUs barring the bare minimum in four strategic sectors.

"It is government's duty to support enterprises and businesses. But it is not essential that it should own and run enterprises," he said.

PM Modi also said the Centre's policy is to either monetise or modernise public sector enterprises, with the intent that the government has "no business to be in business".

Speaking at a webinar on privatisation by the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), PM Modi said the Budget has given a clear roadmap to take India to a high growth trajectory.

Fiscal support to sick PSUs puts burden on the economy and public sector units should not be run just because of legacy, the Prime Minister said, adding many PSUs are loss-making and supported by taxpayers'' money.

idi ok kani sectors penchali like power distribution and insurance 

I have many reservations against Modi sarkar but privitisation is good for the economy if it is done impartially and going to market leaders . 

If the firms are sold to unknown companies or companies with no history or expertise then it is looting 

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

I have many reservations against Modi sarkar but privitisation is good for the economy if it is done impartially and going to market leaders . 

If the firms are sold to unknown companies or companies with no history or expertise then it is looting 

Finance Ministry's Objection Overruled For Adani Group

Privatization is being done to benefit only certain individuals

6 minutes ago, dewarist said:

Finance Ministry's Objection Overruled For Adani Group

Privatization is being done to benefit only certain individuals

Oh that's for brand new infrastructure , I am talking about the ones already existing or ones that are the verge of closure . 

New projects are always given to friends or caste members like in Andhra Pradesh  or ones who give most commision . 

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

Oh that's for brand new infrastructure , I am talking about the ones already existing or ones that are the verge of closure . 

New projects are always given to friends or caste members like in Andhra Pradesh  or ones who give most commision . 

This is not brand new infrastructure, existing ones katta peduthunnaru kada

1 minute ago, dewarist said:

This is not brand new infrastructure, existing ones katta peduthunnaru kada

Yes , existing ones  ichey tappudu credible organisation with long history and technical expertise ki isthey manchidhi . 

For example Andhra Pradesh coperatives. I amul ki ivvadam manchi decision because they are the best dairy in india . 

Vizag steel ni Tata or posco or arcelor Mittal take over chesina manchidhi . 

Kaani Adani , jindal , Ambani , vedanta  gallaki kattabedithey motham naakestharu