Does $$$ give you happiness ? If so how ?

ramabeer

2 minutes ago, Sputnik said:

yes money unte chala freedom.

Asalu money gurichi worry avvakunda undadam relieves 70% tensions emo.

But as money goes up your wants go up too. 

When you made 70k you were happy living in a townhome worth 250k

Now when you making 200k you like living in a single family home worth 800k

What if you made 1million per annum? Would you be happy living in an 800k home? 

Probably not, you will get the 4 million dollar home overlooking the lake. 

Happiness means you should be able to do what you really love to do . Financial freedom doesnt give you happines , but it will help you to do what you really love.

4 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

As human beings we are destined to be constantly unhappy, this is the essence of Arthur Schopenhauer's teachings. 

2 minutes ago, AndhraPickles said:

Poors lo putti....poooors lo perigi...aasthulu thaaakattu pettukoni US UK vachi...sudden ga $$$$ choosina vaadi curve tirigi malli modalu ke vasthadi.....but konthamandi ki Money ela mint cheyyalo telusu....vachina dabbu ni malli reinvest ela cheyyalo telus....they know how to secure the dollar dream....they know....money untene evadaina care chesthaadani.....be it in US or back in India.....

money or good quality of life doesn't guarantee you happiness. it improves you standard of life anthey . But be it poor or rich / rags to riches. there will be a certain point  where the money you made will certainly not give happiness.

2 minutes ago, Kootami said:

money or good quality of life doesn't guarantee you happiness. it improves you standard of life anthey . But be it poor or rich / rags to riches. there will be a certain point  where the money you made will certainly not give happiness.

Nothing guarantees happiness. 

If you look at making money as a way to achieve that happiness, you will never achieve that happiness. 

Happiness is not something you can chase either even if you separate it from making money. 

That's the fundamental mistake we all make

3 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

But as money goes up your wants go up too. 

When you made 70k you were happy living in a townhome worth 250k

Now when you making 200k you like living in a single family home worth 800k

What if you made 1million per annum? Would you be happy living in an 800k home? 

Probably not, you will get the 4 million dollar home overlooking the lake. 

atleast not for my mindset. Am very practical about certain aspects of life.

I don't live for validation by others. I appreciate comforts though.

24 minutes ago, Kootami said:

Money = stress free life = long and happy life with no lifestyle diseases

if you earn you can tell kids/wife take my legacy forward or enjoy luxury life

if you dont earn you can tell kids "I have experience/memories but no money and I can only give you good life ". Wife/kids inside their mind " chetta naa dash gaadu . sodi cheptadu day anta"

Now you decide

12 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

You cannot eat tasty food everyday- what my ammamma told me once. Probably means something in this context, but I don’t know lol.

roju tasty ga thinte you can't appreciate the tasty food

Its not money.

Everything every human being ever did, doing or will do is in the pursuit of happiness.

What we deem as happiness is a variable.. for example in my case, growing up poor, money was the thing I wanted to have.

society clearly influences what we assume as the thing to pursue at every point in life.

money, friends, parties, car, desirable girl friend, wife, kids, estate etc...

No one can break this wheel completely because although you can give up most things above, pain is very real. you cannot ignore pain that is physical so you cannot ignore health and no matter how best you try, you will fall sick and you will die.

to me, like @zarathustra said, I have enough things to be sad about and money is not one atm. and we will always be sad and happy about different things simultaneously and the most important thing I learnt is to have a positive outlook for tomorrow if I wake up the next morning.

• Thanks 1