Pls help.. moving from client location to diff state, decide avaleka potuna

BejawadaChow

Guys, im ft for one of the tech company in bay area.. company issued remote wfh policy..

im planning to move from bay area to Tx..but my desi manager saying, if you move to diff state, there might be issues with lot of things and during re-org they might think you may not be required cos you are remote and remove from company ani antunnadu.

im moving to Tx because of all my cousins and lot of family fnds settled there.

Im not able to decide, weather to move or stay there.

pros & cons cheppandi bro's

15 minutes ago, BejawadaChow said:

but my desi manager saying, if you move to diff state, there might be issues with lot of things and during re-org they might think you may not be required cos you are remote and remove from company ani antunnadu.

Move avvakapothe problem enti? expesnive cost of living & no relatives?

Sare hypothetically move ayyave anuko - oka 6 months tarvata mee desi manager cheppinattu if you are not needed appudu what is your plan? You can be near your relatives & you can still find another job, again it is subect to when your next h1b extension is. If it sometime this year - i wouldn't move.

2 hours ago, Epic said:

Move avvakapothe problem enti? expesnive cost of living & no relatives?

Sare hypothetically move ayyave anuko - oka 6 months tarvata mee desi manager cheppinattu if you are not needed appudu what is your plan? You can be near your relatives & you can still find another job, again it is subect to when your next h1b extension is. If it sometime this year - i wouldn't move.

good point bro..my extension is somewhere around 2023, but if i change location, amendment cheste H1 date before/after move aye chance undi kada..

2 hours ago, Vaampire said:

Ur mgr is an idiot. But u have to listen to him since he will have a big role during layoffs.

2 options to move to tx

1) move to tx and start looking for job

2) stay in bay area and start looking for jobs in tx/

Usually big companies lo.. layoffs chese tappudu remote guys ani chustara or performance based chustara..?

If performance based, i dont have to worry cos i have good rapo with team and mgr regarding technical stuff.. but remote guys ani chuste pedda bokka padutundi

3 minutes ago, BejawadaChow said:

Usually big companies lo.. layoffs chese tappudu remote guys ani chustara or performance based chustara..?

If performance based, i dont have to worry cos i have good rapo with team and mgr regarding technical stuff.. but remote guys ani chuste pedda bokka padutundi

Nee avasaram matters - Simple.

Bay area nundi TX lo job sooskoni oke saari move avvu. 

15 minutes ago, BejawadaChow said:

ippudu remote ante future lo Offshore vs remote ki pedda theda undakapovochhu considering technical aspects except few security concerns. So if you are planningto climb up the ladder in the same company, stay On-site. You also need to consider your visibility when doing remote, based on that your managers will decide to keep you or not.

26 minutes ago, BejawadaChow said:

Performance choostharu. But as i said mgr has big say in it. If they decide to save some one in bay area & throw u under the bus, they can do it.

1 hour ago, BejawadaChow said:

Guys, im ft for one of the tech company in bay area.. company issued remote wfh policy..

im planning to move from bay area to Tx..but my desi manager saying, if you move to diff state, there might be issues with lot of things and during re-org they might think you may not be required cos you are remote and remove from company ani antunnadu.

im moving to Tx because of all my cousins and lot of family fnds settled there.

Im not able to decide, weather to move or stay there.

pros & cons cheppandi bro's

company lo chala mandiki WFH iste , you can go ahead. if they are giving you an exception, then move and start looking for new jobs.

Pandemic lo temporarily move and decide later no? If i were you i wouldnt risk my job. Rather i would look for a new opportunity in TX and then permanently move. 

PS: By the way i will never move to TX. Place batti i search a job.

Sorry might be little harsh......Your entire perspective is wrong......you should go and do whatever you want and job follows you......but, most of you just decide everything about your life based on your current job.....which is absolutely rubbish.

• Upvote 2