Anyone regret leaving India for US?

filterKaapi

3 hours ago, betapilli said:

If other people can help me with ways to deal with this guilt, it will help me personally. 

I don't have any guilt baa.. I was bullied a lot as a school kid and in college for being "weird".. i was also bullied for being atheist..some of my friends also got bullied because they were gay/lesbian etc., On top of that, land vishayam lo there was some police harassment on my family.. aa kopam inka sallaraledu, so I don't feel like I owe much to a superstitious and backward country like india.. ilantivi US lo kuda jargutayi but less frequently..

what i feel is a bit of regret that my parents and family is all in india and i am missing on fun.. FOMO antaru gaa.. adi.. but it's mostly compensated by high quality lapaks anuko..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Nenu anni tickets and hotel anni ikkada unnapude book chesi then i go travel with them.... Not that they cant go on their own... Its possible so we travel together.torch.gif

Makes sense. I usually take them around here. I book sometimes to tirupathi and go with them but India lo nenu em chudaledu though ma parents gudi lu goparalu anni covered in India. India lo traveling together is so much fun especially weather and food rondu feasible. Punyam, purushardham and nature anni workout avtayi.

14 minutes ago, filterKaapi said:

A small part of me feels bad.. but I am overall happy

Yes I regret, I was never interested in US or other foreign country. Did my masters in india and settled down with a govt job and trying for something upsc and used to prepare for that seriously for 3 years. But one day night suddenly after remembering the very very slow career growth of my seniors who are from general category I went into lot of stress and pressure for no reason that I can’t spend my whole life for this. Then decided to do PhD in US so quickly forgetting all my upsc dream and years of preparation thinking I can prepare and write upsc  while doing PhD in parallel, but that was wrong estimate. Write from day 1 in US I was pushed deep into research and couple of years just passed like that.

I am happy now in US but even today I feel this is not my cup of coffee I just want to go back. But some sub conscious force is pulling me back, but one day I will definitely leave for good.

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

No . Preti dantlo +ves and -ves untayi. More +ves staying in US for me. Honestly, except food i dont miss anything i guess.

I don't even miss food because my wife is pretty good in cooking. Never felt missing Indian food after I got married.

10 minutes ago, JonSnowUSA said:

I don't even miss food because my wife is pretty good in cooking. Never felt missing Indian food after I got married.

Awesome !

What you guys dont realize is In India you can have multiple sources of income and most important go and experiment working where ever you want. Who knows you might get creative some where and start a gig on your own

But coz being in US you completely forgot all that coz of visa and will spend until 45 working on H1B for some employer . End of day its again a 9-5 pay check to pay check job. You completely gave up on taking risks and trying something else in life

All the start up calls and interviews I clear a thought always comes in my mind. H1 lepite ela ani as start ups can close door on the same day . That risk taking capability will ultimately die one day and you become a pig in the herd again

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, filterKaapi said:

A small part of me feels bad.. but I am overall happy... so many good things here.. life is easy, high quality lapaks, less crime

DB lo chala mandi chachharu. Ind missing ani kaathalu cheppe vallu

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anta Assamey said:

No I do not .... As i spend a couple of months every year in India and my parents spend close to 6 months every year in the US along with me ... torch.gif

ila unte e regrets undav manchiga...i want to do same but job visa kastal tho not possible for me..

2 hours ago, betapilli said:

If other people can help me with ways to deal with this guilt, it will help me personally. 

I can help you by encouraging you to make a vlog on it.

I'll surely be your subscriber @betapilli

3 hours ago, Amrita said:

No . Preti dantlo +ves and -ves untayi. More +ves staying in US for me. Honestly, except food i dont miss anything i guess.

You don’t miss your parents or siblings?

2 minutes ago, pahelwan said:

You don’t miss your parents or siblings?

My parents come every year. 8 months nunchi ippudu kuda natone unnaru. I go to my sisters place twice an year.  I dont miss them.