How to stay without desire?

betapilli

5 minutes ago, ShruteSastry said:

Being Content

I used to think I am content, and in a way spiritual. But after listening to Bhagavadgeeta, I realized I have everything that rakshasa klan have, kama, kroda, lobha, mada, matsaryam. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Or greedy. 

If your desires are abstract, in your mind you can achieve them, but in reality you cannot. Will you be angry or greedy then?

6 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Flow lo follow aipote desire tagginchukovachu.

Ala flow lo follow avvakudadani specifically oka poem undi Geetha lo 

śhreyān swa-dharmo viguṇaḥ para-dharmāt sv-anuṣhṭhitāt
swa-dharme nidhanaṁ śhreyaḥ para-dharmo bhayāvahaḥ 

It means even if you're not good at your job, you should keep doing your job. It is better than following someone else's job and mimic them even if it will give you better results. In other words, you should retain your purpose, and not do something because everyone else is doing it. 

desires vaddu.. antha devudi kosam chestunna anukuni do it as a duty antaru..

life lo enjoyment ane concept ni teesi padestayi ee books.. 

few yrs pothe.. this is kind of brainwashing anipistundi..

6 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

If your desires are abstract, in your mind you can achieve them, but in reality you cannot. Will you be angry or greedy then?

I have been doing this to see if my desire is real or if my desire is driven by matsaryam (jealousy). If you want something in your head, ask yourself if you really want it even if people around you (people you compare yourself with) don't exist. Then you will understand if your desire is real or if it's driven by the fact that you want to show off. 

16 minutes ago, betapilli said:

I used to think I am content, and in a way spiritual. But after listening to Bhagavadgeeta, I realized I have everything that rakshasa klan have, kama, kroda, lobha, mada, matsaryam. 

meeru sadism add cheyyatam marichipoyaru sir tenor.gif?itemid=19116431

14 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Ala flow lo follow avvakudadani specifically oka poem undi Geetha lo 

śhreyān swa-dharmo viguṇaḥ para-dharmāt sv-anuṣhṭhitāt
swa-dharme nidhanaṁ śhreyaḥ para-dharmo bhayāvahaḥ 

It means even if you're not good at your job, you should keep doing your job. It is better than following someone else's job and mimic them even if it will give you better results. In other words, you should retain your purpose, and not do something because everyone else is doing it. 

23 minutes ago, betapilli said:

I have been doing this to see if my desire is real or if my desire is driven by matsaryam (jealousy). If you want something in your head, ask yourself if you really want it even if people around you (people you compare yourself with) don't exist. Then you will understand if your desire is real or if it's driven by the fact that you want to show off. 

Depends on the value you put on desires tbf. Desire for food- limited value. Desire for fame-unlimited value. Choose the ones that have limited value?