how to get good at vim..

filterKaapi

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

anthaku minchi...

searching for specific patterns of code...

build tasks...

if you are well used to vim...and your productivity improves drastically...you dont need to touch the mouse..

Yaa searching chestamu , build tasks?? Endi bro

1 minute ago, dasari4kntr said:

anthaku minchi...

searching for specific patterns of code...

build tasks...

if you are well used to vim...and your productivity improves drastically...you dont need to touch the mouse..

I've seen many who use emacs as their IDE..they don't use eclipse/intelli/visual code etc...I feel you need to acquire they skill early in your career... Now, learning basics to deal with text navigation/ search replace is enough...

regex is must for most tasks...

2 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Yaa searching chestamu , build tasks?? Endi bro

like compiler configurations...

for example once you change the code...if you want to immediately compile or build....etc

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, filterKaapi said:

ee roju org meeting lo saw a dev use vim at blinding speed.. i don't know him well enough to ask him this question but anyone knows good way to learn and get fast and do amazing things in vim.. i used it in the past but it was too painful so i gave up

All or nothing thinking vodhu  :) we can be average too. 

start with vim extension in vs code.. basic navigation tho start chesi.. delete words delete lines .. change inner text lantivi try cheyochu..then basic macros..

it takes time to get that muscle memory .. takes many months to years..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, filterKaapi said:

ee roju org meeting lo saw a dev use vim at blinding speed.. i don't know him well enough to ask him this question but anyone knows good way to learn and get fast and do amazing things in vim.. i used it in the past but it was too painful so i gave up

Practice man .. First start with basics on how to navigate , how to go to specific line/string , search and replace , quit with/without save etc .. tarvata you can learn advanced stuff