The 'Big Short' investor Michael Burry says Tesla stock could plunge 90% — and notes Elon Musk said it was overpriced at $160 last year

kevinUsa

I'm not an expert here....many highly educated, highly qualified, highly successful experts  made blunder predictions in the past and will keep on happening.

coming to the main point, I feel tesla is like Apple iPhone in phone manufacturing segment, Amazon in retail, social media in overall media related etc etc.

Ex microsoft CEO Steve balmer and blackberry executives once ridiculed Apple iPhone when it was launched. Ppl got so much used to old types of phones and when Iphone came with touch, they ignored and see what happened now. Good thing, MS is still doing good in S/W but their mobile is completely shut down. 

Same with Amazon which ruled entire retail market and these social media platforms too. Nobody thought social media is this powerful and the impact it created world wide.

Tesla ni traditional automaker like Toyota etc etc tho compare cheyyalemu....particularly on number of auto sales.

Tesla is leader in EV (not just sales....look that their tech) and they are leading in auto drive. Both EV and Autonomous is the future.....other automakers realized it and are working hard to catch up. Tesla just have to improvise more and more, they dont have to re-invent new...just improvising anthe. Others have to entirely shift gears....this is sooo hard for established companies......just compare it with your own company that you are working now...whatever business it does, can they simply shift into entirely new segment? not that easy

Now 10 - 20yrs from today, world will be heading to more autonomous and fully EV and this applies to more solar energy etc etc....Tesla already created foot print. current Tesla executives n leaders have to keep improvising and keep innovating and they will take a good share.

I dont know if tesla as of now worth Trillion or not...like I said, i'm no expert. Just my thoughts anthe 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:03 PM, hyperbole said:

Toyota doesn’t have $25k margin on every car sold. Model 3 is the best selling car in europe(not ev but all cars), best selling car in California. Tesla will make more money after sales selling car insurance and monthly full self driving subscriptions. They have a tight business model and it is reflected in the stock price.

ford ceo with his employees yesterday 

"If Ford was a trillion-dollar company, our stock would be worth about $250 a share. Think about the value creation of Tesla right now. And they have resources, smart people, the Model 3 is now the bestselling vehicle in Europe. Not electric. Flat out. It was the bestselling vehicle in the UK. Most months, it’s the bestselling vehicle in California. Not just electric, but overall. If we’re going to succeed, we can’t ignore this competition anymore.

"Look at Tesla, why are they doing what they're doing and what can we learn from them. First, they have a direct model ... There’s no one in between. They make it so easy. Three or four clicks configuring the vehicle with not a lot of complexity to delivering it to the customer. Simple, non-negotiated pricing. A large reservation system as well as remote service.

"Second, Tesla maximizes use of electrons in the vehicle. No one does it better than they do. Their customers pay less for a better battery..."

"Third, the product itself is highly differentiated from the rest of the ICE field and complexity is tiny, compared to OEMs. That allows them to have enormous reuse. Reuse that we’ve never seen in our ICE business. Tesla can scale quickly because of that complexity reduction. They can drive cost down, which they have. They can keep processes simple."

$25k margin @3$%.....then you need to compare lexus n tesla.....not toyota n tesla 

Model 3 is the best selling car in europe - you need to stop stating/thinking that tesla reddits/discords disco as facts 

read these articles 

Tesla has two main items to thank for posting a profitable quarter: Sales of emissions credits to other automakers, and sales of its bitcoin holdings.

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a36266393/tesla-made-more-money-selling-credits-and-bitcoin-than-cars/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/02/01/teslas-dirty-little-secret-its-net-profit-doesnt-come-from-selling-cars/

https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/26/22594778/tesla-q2-2021-earnings-revenue-profit-credits-emissions-bitcoin

19 hours ago, no01 said:

I'm not an expert here....many highly educated, highly qualified, highly successful experts  made blunder predictions in the past and will keep on happening.

coming to the main point, I feel tesla is like Apple iPhone in phone manufacturing segment, Amazon in retail, social media in overall media related etc etc.

Ex microsoft CEO Steve balmer and blackberry executives once ridiculed Apple iPhone when it was launched. Ppl got so much used to old types of phones and when Iphone came with touch, they ignored and see what happened now. Good thing, MS is still doing good in S/W but their mobile is completely shut down. 

Same with Amazon which ruled entire retail market and these social media platforms too. Nobody thought social media is this powerful and the impact it created world wide.

Tesla ni traditional automaker like Toyota etc etc tho compare cheyyalemu....particularly on number of auto sales.

Tesla is leader in EV (not just sales....look that their tech) and they are leading in auto drive. Both EV and Autonomous is the future.....other automakers realized it and are working hard to catch up. Tesla just have to improvise more and more, they dont have to re-invent new...just improvising anthe. Others have to entirely shift gears....this is sooo hard for established companies......just compare it with your own company that you are working now...whatever business it does, can they simply shift into entirely new segment? not that easy

Now 10 - 20yrs from today, world will be heading to more autonomous and fully EV and this applies to more solar energy etc etc....Tesla already created foot print. current Tesla executives n leaders have to keep improvising and keep innovating and they will take a good share.

I dont know if tesla as of now worth Trillion or not...like I said, i'm no expert. Just my thoughts anthe 

i agree with everything you say, yes tesla is not just an auto company....yes, tesla is the leader in ev/fsfd 

but its not worth Trils now or in the next coming 5yrs

bada$$ software company is worth 2.5 T, makes a profit margin 40-50%, and how much tesla make???

biggest car manufacturer is worth .3T,  makes a profit margin 10-15%, and how much tesla make???

Tesla made $2B in Q3 ... translates to about $8B per year of money made.

Its growing at 50% or more. 

While I am not sure if it should be a $1T company, I don't think it can fall 90%. Probably should stay in the 700's which is a 30% correction. 

On 11/11/2021 at 12:17 AM, hyperbole said:

kaka do you even read this article

1. this is some bs website, and you stating this as facts 

2. this is 2020 article, and you are quoting it now 

3 and Main. that is a prediction not a statement (Tesla would be achieving a 32% profit per unit manufactured)

🙏 ra babu neeku

6 minutes ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Tesla made $2B in Q3 ... translates to about $8B per year of money made.

Its growing at 50% or more. 

While I am not sure if it should be a $1T company, I don't think it can fall 90%. Probably should stay in the 700's which is a 30% correction. 

agreed will never fall 90%(as Burry said, but might happen....if Toyota/Apple happens)....but there will be a corrections 

again never/ever short tesla

21 hours ago, no01 said:

Thats the problem.

Iphone sales were/are compared with traditional market and they consistently beat market. Tesla does not.

Compare amazon with any retailer chain, amazon can show its potential.

Tesla is bubble imo

3 hours ago, kasi said:

agreed will never fall 90%(as Burry said, but might happen....if Toyota/Apple happens)....but there will be a corrections 

again never/ever short tesla

that I agree....$1 Trillion worth kaademo...atleast not in 2021 yet. But it doesn't mean its all bubble. correction might happen I guess...not 50% though, may be 20-30%.

But the point here is, Tesla is real...edo graphics chupinchi, coming yrs lo so n so model with so n so features ani fake chesi, market cap ni increase emi cheyyatam ledu....he is delivering..he is building factories throughout the world. Imagine a newbie like Tesla has these many manufacturing units in this short span of time. 

Ppl are trusting this company for its future potential...koncham over aindhi anthe. 

1 hour ago, Vallavan said:

Thats the problem.

Iphone sales were/are compared with traditional market and they consistently beat market. Tesla does not.

Compare amazon with any retailer chain, amazon can show its potential.

Tesla is bubble imo

bro nenu just general understanding kosam Iphones, Amazon etc tho compare chesa...these products are cheaper and more usage than a car. Every couple yrs ki oka iOS device kontav and pretty much every week you buy stuff in Amazon.

Oka Vehicle ni antha easy ga marchalevu...We are the very beginning stage of EV market...its not that easy for entire world to shift from traditional gas vehicles to EV...it takes min a decade to two. 

Point here is, future (not immediately) is fully EV/Auto/Solar/Renewable Energy etc etc...Tesla as a company started with EV and already dominating in research, sales etc...so this company has future.