Medical Bills

meri_zindagi

out-of-pocket limit varaku i have paid in total. Still i got new bills stating they are out of network and not paid by insurance. Do i need to pay those as well. or How does it works.

Just now, meri_zindagi said:

out-of-pocket limit varaku i have paid in total. Still i got new bills stating they are out of network and not paid by insurance. Do i need to pay those as well. or How does it works.

Pregnancy?? Usually  anesthesiologist Charges cover avvavu insurance lo… and also pediatrician etc kuda… they are contracted by the hospital and are most likely not in network with the insurance that you have.. 

you can call them directly and negotiate on the amount.. no way to escape.. 

this is freaking ‘Murica

5 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

India veltunn ani cheppi u can negotiate the bills to pay only 20%

8 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Pregnancy?? Usually  anesthesiologist Charges cover avvavu insurance lo… and also pediatrician etc kuda… they are contracted by the hospital and are most likely not in network with the insurance that you have.. 

you can call them directly and negotiate on the amount.. no way to escape.. 

this is freaking ‘Murica

Not pregnancy.. got admitted for different reason

2 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Not pregnancy.. got admitted for different reason

Ok.. hope everything is fine.. 

hospital lo admit ayyaka mana chethilo emi undadu… we can’t pick and choose doctors who treat us… and not everyone will work for the hospital… they keep it that way to get more money from insurance and the patients… 

couple of months back I had to take my kid to an emergency.. for doing dressing, along with the nurse another girl came (she has a weird title) with an iPad and kept my son distracted and played some games with him on the iPad while the nurse did the dressing… it was for about 10-15 mins… and they sent me a bill for $150, which was obviously not covered by insurance… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

Ok.. hope everything is fine.. 

hospital lo admit ayyaka mana chethilo emi undadu… we can’t pick and choose doctors who treat us… and not everyone will work for the hospital… they keep it that way to get more money from insurance and the patients… 

couple of months back I had to take my kid to an emergency.. for doing dressing, along with the nurse another girl came (she has a weird title) with an iPad and kept my son distracted and played some games with him on the iPad while the nurse did the dressing… it was for about 10-15 mins… and they sent me a bill for $150, which was obviously not covered by insurance… 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I have max out of pocket - $4500. I am prepared to pay that. But they billed $12k. I was not well to make decisions. 

Just now, meri_zindagi said:

I have max out of pocket - $4500. I am prepared to pay that. But they billed $12k. I was not well to make decisions. 

What is your max out of pocket for out of network?? Negotiate with them and tell them that you are broke and will pay in installments.. cinema kashtaalu anni cheppu.. there is a huge markup in those bills because they have to deal with insurance and people who don’t pay bills.. they will give you considerable discount 

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

What is your max out of pocket for out of network?? Negotiate with them and tell them that you are broke and will pay in installments.. cinema kashtaalu anni cheppu.. there is a huge markup in those bills because they have to deal with insurance and people who don’t pay bills.. they will give you considerable discount 

I am not good at dealing these. I am stressed.

16 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Oppukuntara serious ga.. I got around $12k

aa 4500 katti

india permanent ga veltunna anui cheppi i can only pay 2000 ani cheppu pay 2000$ 

hospital vachi check em cheyadu kada 

6 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

aa 4500 katti

india permanent ga veltunna anui cheppi i can only pay 2000 ani cheppu pay 2000$ 

hospital vachi check em cheyadu kada 

chudali emavtundo