Medical Bills

meri_zindagi

22 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

Oppukuntara serious ga.. I got around $12k

Depends - wait for some time and deal with them just before it goes to collections. Or else you can see if there are any charity organizations who can assist you - in general, most of the hospitals have some kind of affiliation with charity organizations and you can speak to them directly. 

In the worst case, hospital gives you monthly plans for paying your bills - pay with very less Amt and let it go for a while. 

16 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

I am not good at dealing these. I am stressed.

ask for financial help 

they will provide a form and sometimes they will write off

pay cheyakunda wait cheyinchu and dont let it go to collections at the same time

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

What is your max out of pocket for out of network?? Negotiate with them and tell them that you are broke and will pay in installments.. cinema kashtaalu anni cheppu.. there is a huge markup in those bills because they have to deal with insurance and people who don’t pay bills.. they will give you considerable discount 

I jus checked..in network - 3000, out of network - 6000 max out of pocket

1 hour ago, Manikyam said:

ask for financial help 

they will provide a form and sometimes they will write off

pay cheyakunda wait cheyinchu and dont let it go to collections at the same time

wait chesi nantha kalam.. adi oka pending undipotundi.. and stress too. I want to clear everything before i go to india.

whom to ask for financial help ?? 

1 minute ago, meri_zindagi said:

wait chesi nantha kalam.. adi oka pending undipotundi.. and stress too. I want to clear everything before i go to india.

whom to ask for financial help ?? 

Talk to hospital accounting staff 

the people whoever calling you for the payment

9 minutes ago, Manikyam said:

Talk to hospital accounting staff 

the people whoever calling you for the payment

no one called me so far.. bills ninnane update chesaru

15 minutes ago, Manikyam said:

Call the number on the bill

If you're not satisfied with this decision, you can start the appeal process by sending a written request to the address listed in your plan materials within 180 days of receipt of your EOB unless a longer time is permitted by your plan.

ee option edo undi.. i will try this.

10 minutes ago, meri_zindagi said:

If you're not satisfied with this decision, you can start the appeal process by sending a written request to the address listed in your plan materials within 180 days of receipt of your EOB unless a longer time is permitted by your plan.

ee option edo undi.. i will try this.

👍

On 12/7/2021 at 8:10 PM, meri_zindagi said:

I am not good at dealing these. I am stressed.

You don’t have to do right away.. they will send you reminders after reminders about these bills… easy ga oka 1 or 2 month tarvatha cheyyochhu.

I don't know your case but our medical bills are around 20k (still few more bills are pending with insurance). My insurance did covered most of it, the actual bill charged to my insurance company is around 5 million (i dont know how correct the bills are)

Anyway I asked the accounting team and they allowed me to pay the total amount in very small installments(around 250, obviously no late fees or interest) and i pay this with my credit card which helps me gain some points. You could also do this even you want to leave the country that way it wont be a huge burden at once.

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 7:36 PM, meri_zindagi said:

out-of-pocket limit varaku i have paid in total. Still i got new bills stating they are out of network and not paid by insurance. Do i need to pay those as well. or How does it works.

@3$%