Anybody working as web developer for universities?

wth

10 hours ago, wth said:

do they sponsor h1s and gcs?

future lo jump kottadaniki problem avada?

throw some insights please

usually universities are non profit, so H1 will be non-profit category, GC chestara leda rules enti no idea, but future lo jump kottali ante, nuvvu non profit chuskoni jump kottali, if you want to go to regular profit making company, then you have to apply for fresh h1, and it counts towards the quota and October 1st start date for that year, so summary enti ante, biscuit avutav change avali ante, unless you time the move and luck favors you incase there is lottery in that year.

Just now, halwaraaj said:

usually universities are non profit, so H1 will be non-profit category, GC chestara leda rules enti no idea, but future lo jump kottali ante, nuvvu non profit chuskoni jump kottali, if you want to go to regular profit making company, then you have to apply for fresh h1, and it counts towards the quota and October 1st start date for that year, so summary enti ante, biscuit avutav change avali ante, unless you time the move and luck favors you incase there is lottery in that year.

plus side of this is as soon as you enter non profit H1, your regular H1(6 yrs cycle stops, and it resumes when you get back on regular H1 again).

1 hour ago, halwaraaj said:

plus side of this is as soon as you enter non profit H1, your regular H1(6 yrs cycle stops, and it resumes when you get back on regular H1 again).

1 hour ago, halwaraaj said:

Both these statements are 100% valid.

Another thing to be very sure about is : some universities use 3rd party companies for the purpose of immigration. Be clear who is the sponsoring party for the visa and the sponsoring party/entity should be non profit too. 

8 hours ago, phatposts said:

Both these statements are 100% valid.

Another thing to be very sure about is : some universities use 3rd party companies for the purpose of immigration. Be clear who is the sponsoring party for the visa and the sponsoring party/entity should be non profit too. 

10 hours ago, halwaraaj said:

10 hours ago, halwaraaj said:

20 hours ago, Pulkapresident said:

You can apply for GC by yourself on academic H1. 

20 hours ago, Naistam said:

Non profit organization H1s vuntai 

Gc cheyyaledu na friend case lo after 6 years so he had to leave the country

thanks annas

12 hours ago, halwaraaj said:

Are you sure? one of my friend worked for non profit... initially he was on h1 for a banking client, moved to non profit institution and again back to a banking client... he never waited till oct or lottery and it was like regular jump.... 

36 minutes ago, MysoreJackson said:

Are you sure? one of my friend worked for non profit... initially he was on h1 for a banking client, moved to non profit institution and again back to a banking client... he never waited till oct or lottery and it was like regular jump.... 

ee case older H1 vuntadi ga some remaining valid period.

just a thought!!

13 hours ago, MysoreJackson said:

5 yrs back I was interviewing for FTs, I had a final round interview at American Institutes for Research(DC area). This is a non profit, and I was certain I was going to get an offer, aa time lo researched a lot, and also talked to a couple of attorneys from my then employer on what the best decision is when on H1B. I was not given an offer though, so naku telisina information lo 100% sure aa anedi I am not sure. naku appudu attorneys cheppindi nenu cheppa anthe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 9:33 PM, MysoreJackson said:

On 12/15/2021 at 10:10 PM, Naistam said:

ee case older H1 vuntadi ga some remaining valid period.

just a thought!!

On 12/16/2021 at 10:43 AM, halwaraaj said:

5 yrs back I was interviewing for FTs, I had a final round interview at American Institutes for Research(DC area). This is a non profit, and I was certain I was going to get an offer, aa time lo researched a lot, and also talked to a couple of attorneys from my then employer on what the best decision is when on H1B. I was not given an offer though, so naku telisina information lo 100% sure aa anedi I am not sure. naku appudu attorneys cheppindi nenu cheppa anthe.

the interview went well but only visiting professor aithene h1 sponsor chestaranta

almost raanatte inka

On 12/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, Pulkapresident said:

You can apply for GC by yourself on academic H1. 

Idi nijama... Please share any document you have 4 yrs back UW lo job vasthe reject chesa.. because of this reason... 

On 12/15/2021 at 8:39 AM, halwaraaj said:

Invalid statement, irrespective of profit or non-profit your max limit is 6yrs with out I-140 approval

Just now, kittaya said:

Idi nijama... Please share any document you have 4 yrs back UW lo job vasthe reject chesa.. because of this reason... 

Not really bro… there is nothing called academic h1… it’s only regular or non-profit… you can self apply to GC even on F1 or from India too if you satisfy conditions for EB1-A or EB2-NIW … no employer necessary