ADHD suggestions

hotlantian

My 7 year old son recently diagnosed with adhd and having tough time at school focusing and following directions. It’s affecting his personality development. Doctor suggested 2 options low dose medicine and 504 plan at school. Any one experiencing this? Someone also suggesting to use Ayurvedic medicine. 

13 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

My 7 year old son recently diagnosed with adhd and having tough time at school focusing and following directions. It’s affecting his personality development. Doctor suggested 2 options low dose medicine and 504 plan at school. Any one experiencing this? Someone also suggesting to use Ayurvedic medicine. 

School lo nena or intlo kuda na.  

emanna activity lo kuda anthe na ? I mean art or any sport or playing with other kids ?

19 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

that must be tough. how bad is his condition? is he able to be social and have friends?

I'm not a pro, but I think low dose medication is a good idea. People with ADHD are very smart and achievers, but very hard to handle there emotions. You will have a very hard time if you don't put them on medication. Chala aggressive ga behave chestharu. Medication will tune them in a good way. 

54 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

neurofeedback try cheyi, don't go for medication, 7 yrs is too young to introduce medication

get him a lot of physical activity, add ayurvedic formulations that contain brahmi, triphala, aswagandha

add magnesium to his daily regimen, use calm gummies or even powder to his fruits juices (if he drinks)

stop him to use too much ipad, specially after sun sets, low dose melatonin can get him to good sleep state, use ti for 3 days and then stop

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hotlantian said:

Not sure but ADHD medicine calm chesthundi ani vinna 

Parents are the best doctors when it comes to kids…do you think Mee son ki ADHD undi ani ?

7 hours ago, Simple123 said:

School lo nena or intlo kuda na.  

emanna activity lo kuda anthe na ? I mean art or any sport or playing with other kids ?

Intlo kuda same but koncham gattiga chepthe he will follow directions. He can’t sit calm for few seconds always hyper active moves legs hands constantly. He stays calm only when he is watching ipad. Not able to focus any activities. He is good playing with other friends in our neighborhood but always complains like no one is playing with him in recess.

7 hours ago, mirchi_bajji said:

that must be tough. how bad is his condition? is he able to be social and have friends?

He is good with few kids of his age or younger but older kids bully him a lot and he gets upset and cries after coming home. 

7 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

neurofeedback try cheyi, don't go for medication, 7 yrs is too young to introduce medication

get him a lot of physical activity, add ayurvedic formulations that contain brahmi, triphala, aswagandha

add magnesium to his daily regimen, use calm gummies or even powder to his fruits juices (if he drinks)

stop him to use too much ipad, specially after sun sets, low dose melatonin can get him to good sleep state, use ti for 3 days and then stop

Thanks you. Ashwahitham is this the one you are suggesting? So many mothers suggesting to use this and it worked well with their kids. 

7 hours ago, Fish said:

Not sure but ADHD medicine calm chesthundi ani vinna 

Parents are the best doctors when it comes to kids…do you think Mee son ki ADHD undi ani ?

Yes he has. When you talk to him he will follow you for few seconds then he gets distracted and he mind will be somewhere else and when you ask him repeat what we said he forgets. Not able to follow class routines he gets 4-5 reminders. We feel so embarrassed and he is constantly ignored

4 minutes ago, hotlantian said:

Yes he has. When you talk to him he will follow you for few seconds then he gets distracted and he mind will be somewhere else and when you ask him repeat what we said he forgets. Not able to follow class routines he gets 4-5 reminders. We feel so embarrassed and he is constantly ignored

Don’t feel embarrassed! That’s okay . Take care of him and offer him help ! 

10 hours ago, hotlantian said:

martial arts like karate and other sports activities help reduce symptoms ani vinna from a friend

https://villaristudios.com/blog?id=524245

Diet is very important.. Sugar plays a big role in making kids hyper.. one of my friend gives their 5 yr old kid lots of sugars - Coke, Candy, chocolate milk, sweets etc and complain that he is too hyper and always on the run and doesn’t listen… 

go for a low carb and no sugar diet and see if you find any difference… you can also try GFCF diet… try to avoid giving him medication at this age… he has to learn to control it by natural means… 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Diet is very important.. Sugar plays a big role in making kids hyper.. one of my friend gives their 5 yr old kid lots of sugars - Coke, Candy, chocolate milk, sweets etc and complain that he is too hyper and always on the run and doesn’t listen… 

go for a low carb and no sugar diet and see if you find any difference… you can also try GFCF diet… try to avoid giving him medication at this age… he has to learn to control it by natural means… 

Yes we rarely give him candy or sugar foods