Cricketing Genius R Ashwin candid interview..IND Vs SA Test Series.. must read article by Siddharth Monga on R Ashwin

SRH

This article blown my mind and how R Ashwin approaches the test cricket.. beautifully constructed by Siddhartha Monga.. The interview clearly shows there was a rift in Indian test side with Kohli+Shastri at the helm. It’s not about Rohit and Kohli all the time.. Mental health and every player needs to be treated the same way. Fair ga undadam mana Indian blood lo ne ledu..  I know Ashwin can be little dick but he seems to be a cricketing genius 

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1293861/r-ashwin---ive-always-been-good-at-assessing-batsmen-but-now-i-think-ive-taken-it-to-another-level

But Virat Kohli is also good. I haven't read the interview, but I'm assuming Ashwin didn't meet strict standards that was reqd of Indian cricket for a brief period, and is bitter about not getting the kind of support he thought he was entitled to.

But good he bounced back to become the greatest Indian spinner in tests. Indian test team is too good these days and Ashwin has to miss a few tests because of another awesome spinner cum batter Jadeja. Btw Ashwins own battng record isn't bad either. 

The man is a legend and very grounded. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SRH said:

This article blown my mind and how R Ashwin approaches the test cricket.. beautifully constructed by Siddhartha Monga.. The interview clearly shows there was a rift in Indian test side with Kohli+Shastri at the helm. It’s not about Rohit and Kohli all the time.. Mental health and every player needs to be treated the same way. Fair ga undadam mana Indian blood lo ne ledu..  I know Ashwin can be little dick but he seems to be a cricketing genius 

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1293861/r-ashwin---ive-always-been-good-at-assessing-batsmen-but-now-i-think-ive-taken-it-to-another-level

He was misused....he shouldn't have played WTC final - Kohli is bonehead , , arrogant selection ...

He should have played all tests in England... conditions changed...

Again, Kohli is mostly reactive... 

On 12/22/2021 at 7:49 AM, Raven_Rayes said:

Ashwin is not a d1ck. He's amazing. The best spinner ever in India. His record speaks for itself. 

Could have been the best captain that we've never had. 

In the past it was Ajay Jadeja

12 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Could have been the best captain that we've never had. 

In the past it was Ajay Jadeja

Ajay Jadeja wasn't test regular neither we had split captaincy then..

On 12/22/2021 at 7:55 AM, Raven_Rayes said:

But Virat Kohli is also good. I haven't read the interview, but I'm assuming Ashwin didn't meet strict standards that was reqd of Indian cricket for a brief period, and is bitter about not getting the kind of support he thought he was entitled to.

But good he bounced back to become the greatest Indian spinner in tests. Indian test team is too good these days and Ashwin has to miss a few tests because of another awesome spinner cum batter Jadeja. Btw Ashwins own battng record isn't bad either. 

The man is a legend and very grounded. 

That's still Kumble. 

Ashwin comes second, atleast until now. He might catch up with Kumble and over take him though, I am talking about being a matchwinner not just the number of wickets. 

• Upvote 1